FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonroviaCat

Quote from: George Thompson on October 07, 2018, 03:56:24 PM
WC11, most of the starters are seniors and started last year.    Whitworth just manhandled our line last week.

What am I missing?

GT
Uhmm...did you miss how we got up big and brought in a lot of the young guys and they looked good?  I think 11's comment was regarding this (and perhaps a subtle way of backing into saying that our Senior Lineman are not really all that)....
Go Cats!

D O.C.

What am I missing?

Mmmm... Wildcat11's subtlety?

wildcat11

I'm just saying, and I'm an optimist by nature, that I think we're a few weeks away from being a good football team.  Still think our playoff chances are slim to none, and slim has their suitcases packed, but this Linfield team could wind up being pretty dang good over the next six weeks (I hope).

bluenote

Quote from: wildcat11 on October 08, 2018, 10:05:45 AM
I'm just saying, and I'm an optimist by nature, that I think we're a few weeks away from being a good football team.  Still think our playoff chances are slim to none, and slim has their suitcases packed, but this Linfield team could wind up being pretty dang good over the next six weeks (I hope).

Hopefully they've learned that you should be a good team in the 1st week... otherwise you're chances of making the playoffs are slim to none....  :'(  Pretty tough to be on the outside looking in after all these years but kudos to Whitworth this year. Don't think they will have much trouble winning out. Hopefully they will get a home game to start before they get sent to UMHB.

George Thompson

Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 07, 2018, 04:58:16 PM

Uhmm...did you miss how we got up big and brought in a lot of the young guys and they looked good?  I think 11's comment was regarding this (and perhaps a subtle way of backing into saying that our Senior Lineman are not really all that)....
[/quote]

Yes, there were subs in the game.   Mostly in the 4th qtr.   And, I sure wish that Hazlett had more QB time.   He missed all of last year due to surgery, but he is big and has a very strong arm.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

Yes, there were subs in the game.   Mostly in the 4th qtr.   And, I sure wish that Hazlett had more QB time.   He missed all of last year due to surgery, but he is big and has a very strong arm.

GT

You're a fan of Hazlett?  Who knew.... ;D ::)
Go Cats!

wildcat11

Whit should take care of PLU this weekend.  Curious about the 'Cats match up with L&C.  They are going to be much more competitive than Willamette so we'll see if the point output was just an aberration for the 'Cats or if we're making some genuine progress on offense.

George Thompson

Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 09, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

GT

Fan?  Exaggeration.   I just think he needs a chance.   If he is good enough, fine; if not, OK.   

GT
GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

Quote from: George Thompson on October 10, 2018, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 09, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

GT

Fan?  Exaggeration.   I just think he needs a chance.   If he is good enough, fine; if not, OK.   

GT
i dunno—you've been pretty excited about him since the end of last season...ok, I'll stop razzing you (for now)  ;D
Go Cats!

D O.C.

You were razzing George?
Who's the looser here?
'CATS!

bluenote

Sounds like UPS May kick our butt in Tacoma....  :o

wildcat11

D O.C.

Please feel free to razz bluenote.
I do.

MUC57

Bluenote

Just want to say "Hi" old buddy. Haven't chatted with you for awhile but haven't forgotten you! How could anyone forget Bluenote?
And while I'm here, how about a big "Go 'Cats"!

I noticed my signature at the bottom. What were we talking about? ❓☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MonroviaCat

Quote from: D O.C. on October 11, 2018, 12:04:08 AM
Please feel free to razz bluenote.
I do.
I've tried--it's not worth the backlash I get...
Go Cats!