FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Bluenote

You said, "Sounds like UPS may kick our butt in Tacoma"! Do you also play FedEx? How would you do against them? Just curious. Mount Union has never played either one. Go 'Cats! 😃☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

bluenote

bluenote

Quote from: MUC57 on October 11, 2018, 11:05:37 AM

Bluenote

You said, "Sounds like UPS may kick our butt in Tacoma"! Do you also play FedEx? How would you do against them? Just curious. Mount Union has never played either one. Go 'Cats! 😃☠🏈

.... we've played both.  ::)

wildcat11

Had a spare moment to watch a little L&C.  Much improved program. O-line is BIG but not light of foot.  The RB is a big kid and runs hard but not shifty.  QB is solid.  Their receiver, Heisman Hosoda, is a kid I would take on Linfield's roster right now.  The Pios do a good job in getting him opportunities and he's good after the catch.  The 6'6" Tight End hurt us last year and will be a dude the 'Cats will have to be aware of from the 30 in. The Williams kid is also a good receiver.

Defensively they do some funky stuff with alignments but have some good LBs. Lots of different pressures from different angles.

This will be a much stiffer test than Willamette, who is terrible.  To me it comes down to the 'Cats offensive line.  If they can move bodies and get the run game going then the 'Cats will eventually put it to bed.  If not, it will be a struggle. 

George Thompson

Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 10, 2018, 10:31:08 PM

i dunno—you've been pretty excited about him since the end of last season...ok, I'll stop razzing you (for now)  ;D
[/quote]

MonroviaCat, no problem.   In this country, we all have the right to an opinion.   

I just want to see a Linfield team that comes close to the ones of the last 9 years.    Efficient offensive fireworks.    I support all Wildcat players and coaches.

GT
GO CATS! GO!
GO CATS! GO!

D O.C.

Way to pique the interest of those wobbling, Wildcat11.

And you didn't even have to mention Coach Locey.
I did.
Now looking forward to tomorrow.

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on October 12, 2018, 01:14:50 PM

And you didn't even have to mention Coach Locey.

Love coach and I wish him well 364 days out of the year.

George Thompson

Interesting new poll:
Linfield is rated #24 with one loss to a D-3 team.
UW-Oshkosh is #12 with two losses to D-3 teams.
Wheaton is #23 with two losses to D-3 teams.
Eight teams with one loss are all rated higher than #24.

Sounds like the loss to an average NAIA team is hurting the Wildcats.

And, I bet Whitworth can beat some of those higher ranked teams!

GT

GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

Oshkosh only lost to one D3 team.  Their first loss was to Davenport, a D2 school.

Wheaton has two losses but also beat #15, North Central.  The Cats best win was over Redlands but then Redlands lost to Claremont making that win less impressive.

Go Cats!

bluenote

That's one reason why it's basically worthless to play NAIA/D2 schools. If you win, you still may end up with less wins vs. DIII competition compared to other teams in the playoff hunt....... and if you loose you're still listed with a loss in the polls and is a strike against you even though they say it isn't considered for playoff criteria.

George Thompson

MonroviaCat, sorry --- my error on Davenport.     You are right on both points.
Bluenote, yes, I am afraid you are correct in your analysis.

No matter who we schedule, if we stumble, it always costs us dearly in the polls and playoff spots.    Not that we will make the playoffs this year.   Even if we win out, it is a longshot.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

wally_wabash

Quote from: Bluenote on October 15, 2018, 10:32:35 AM
That's one reason why it's basically worthless to play NAIA/D2 schools. If you win, you still may end up with less wins vs. DIII competition compared to other teams in the playoff hunt....... and if you loose you're still listed with a loss in the polls and is a strike against you even though they say it isn't considered for playoff criteria.

Non-division results can absolutely be considered for playoff selection.  The treatment of non-division results are clearly spelled out in the secondary criteria as follows:

● Non-Division III win-loss percentage
● Results versus common non-Division III opponents
● Non-Division III Strength of Schedule

So the Carroll game does count should either the regional or national committees want to dig beyond the primary criteria (they probably do). 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

wildcat11

Mixed bag this weekend.  The offense is looking more solidified and that was Wyatt's best game under center, IMO. 

The defense has been outstanding all year but man they had a couple of bad breakdowns that cost them.  Of course I didn't want L&C to get that garbage time TD but it doesn't really matter.

Our special teams were both awesome and terrible as well.  Willy killed it on those long field goals, the kick return for TD but then they gave up the kickoff TD and I swear we have a penalty on every punt return.  It's incredibly frustrating. 

I'm still holding my breath the final four weeks.  Linfield could easily take care of business and be 7-2 or this team could sputter and get into four tight games as well.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: George Thompson on October 15, 2018, 11:20:39 AM
No matter who we schedule, if we stumble, it always costs us dearly in the polls and playoff spots.

This message stands in stark contrast to the complaints about Linfield still being ranked.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.