MBB: Atlantic East Conference

Started by mailsy, February 01, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: mailsy on November 16, 2021, 09:44:07 PM
3 in a row for the Cavs. They play great defense and score by slashing to the hoop and having a good FT %. They don't shoot well though. Young team but very promising.

Cross street rivals up next in Eastern.

GO CAVS!!!

Eastern has been looking mighty good so far.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

MONDAY NIGHT SPECIAL

November is behind us and now comes the month of distractions. Exams, travel, holidays, academic breaks, etc. At the same time, early conference games are already shaping how the basketball season will unfold.

On tonight's Hoopsville, we chat with one team already making waves in their conference, against conference foes, but not in conference games ... Bates women's coach Alison Montgomery chats about her squad's start and the big win over Bowdoin.

And we talk to a coach who has found a new home after his college was unceremoniously closed. Mississippi College of Women's Dean Burrows talks about guiding a new men's program after the success he had at Wesley.

Plus, Bob Quillman and Ryan Scott join the show to give their reactions to the latest D3hoops.com Top 25 poll. Tune in starting at 7:00 PM ET to watch the latest edition of Hoopsville!

You can watch the show LIVE (or on demand) here: https://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/dec6

Hoopsville broadcasts from the NABC Studio. All guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions, ideas, or want to interact with the show, feel free to send them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options available.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3sports.com
Hoopsville Season Archive: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

mailsy

Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

mailsy

mailsy

Pat Coleman

Sad news for Mailsy and Coach C and others: We've learned that Cabrini will be closing after the upcoming 2023-24 academic year.

https://d3sports.com/notables/2023/06/cabrini-university-to-be-sold
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lefty2

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 23, 2023, 08:13:48 AM
Sad news for Mailsy and Coach C and others: We've learned that Cabrini will be closing after the upcoming 2023-24 academic year.

https://d3sports.com/notables/2023/06/cabrini-university-to-be-sold
There but for the grace of God go I.

I would've had a lot of schools ahead of Cabrini on the this list.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

mailsy

Yes. It is very sad. It feels like I lost a close friend.  :-[

Coach C

Sad day for all of us with Cabrini ties and really for all of D3. Good job to Pat and Dave for breaking this story.  - Coach C

mailsy

I missed the boards to express my thoughts. Glad they're back. The season was very difficult. Coach Ryan did a fantastic job this year with what he had. The Cavs played hard and were well coached. They just didn't have enough to compete. Alumni day was the highest point of the season. The Cavs won their last game ever and over 100 alums showed up to celebrate Cabrini Basketball and its legacy. An alum said to me on President's day as Cabrini played their last basketball game,"Think about this...Coed 1974 & approximately 5 senior players a year & 2 senior managers...That means there's only about 350 of us in total with another 150 who never finished at Cabrini...It's a really small fraternity....🏀
I am really am honored and humbled to be part of the fraternity!