MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric L. Powell

Beantown -

Thanks for the information. I can't say that I am surprised given the won-loss record. I am also not surprised that he may have had trouble with the Administration. Whenever I saw a McDaniel game, he had more trouble with the referees than GRob has!

Eric

Eric L. Powell

Fellow Centennial Conference Fans -

It's almost July. Does anyone have any news from around the conference concerning recruits, transfers, injuries, or schedules? Please advise. Thanks.

Let's get some buzz going in the room again! Hope everyone is enjoying a great summer. Regards to all.

Eric

beantown baby

Kyle O'Connor left McDaniel, and is at Marymount.  I heard McDaniel has a solid recruiting class.

diplomaniac1

Pat -

I like the new look and format! Great job.  ;D

It will take a little getting used to for most of us. Heck, I had trouble and had to re-set my password. ???

Pat Coleman

Well, hey, now you can post on football, too. Centennial football board is usually pretty slow.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

diplomaniac1

Fellow Cenetennial Conference Fans -

Now that we have an improved site and better software, I am going to try this one more time. Let's get this board buzzing again! Is there any news on recruits, schedules, or even pre-season predictions? Will GRob's Dips go 3-0 to start the season and give him coaching win # 700?

I can hardly wait for the new season to begin! Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Regards to all.

Eric

diplomaniac1

Folks -

Recently, I received some interesting information concerning Diplomat Tournament Pairings for the 2005-2006 season from Ed Haas, F&M Sports Information Director. It is as follows:

SPONAUGLE TOURNAMENT:

Courtland vs. Gwynedd-Mercy College
F&M vs. Emerson College

ROTARY TOURNAMENT (NEW YEAR'S):

Lincoln University vs. Mitchell College
F&M vs. Juniata College

It is very possible the Coach Robinson's 700th career coaching win could come against the Alvernia College Crusaders at the Sovereign Center in Reading, PA on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The site for that game has not been completely determined as of this date.

It would certainly be more appropriate if # 700 would be achieved at Mayser Center in Lancaster! Perhaps, ESPN could be convinced to cover or, at the very least, report on this milestone. Pat and Warren any thoughts?

GO DIPS!

Eric

diplomaniac1

Hey guys -

Are there any Centennial Conference Fans out there or is everyone at the shore??

Does anyone have news they wish to share?

Bring on the season now!

Eric

diplomaniac1

Folks -

News from F&M's website: Guard Jerome Maiatico (Class of 2000) has been named to the F&M Athletics Department Hall Of Fame. It is his first year of eligibility. This marks the first time that an F&M athlete has been selected in the first year of eligibility.

Jerome was a class scholar-athlete and is well-deserving of this honor. Congratulations to Jerome!

Regards to all.

Eric

swish

Eric,

Do you know what other out of conference teams F&M plays this year?

swish

Eric,

Is there somewhere I can find a F&M schedule? Also, what's the story with the Alvernia game possibly being played at Sovereign Arena in Reading? More details please. Thanks.

slim

Quote from: diplomaniac1 on August 17, 2005, 03:25:47 PM
Are there any Centennial Conference Fans out there ...??

Eric,

Yes, there are other Diplomat fans looking forward to this season! 

Slim

diplomaniac1

Swish -

The six confirmed non-conference games that I am aware of are as follows:

Sponaugle Tournament - 2 games
December 1 - Lebanon Valley College - 1 game
Rotary Tournament - 2 games
TBA - Alvernia College - 1 game.

By my count, with eighteen Centennial Conference games, that leaves one more non-conference game to be announced. I am assuming that it will be an in-region opponent based on NCAA tournament selection criteria.

The Alvernia game is not yet scheduled. However, it will be later in the season and in Lancaster. So, a game at the Sovereign Center is out!

Schedules have not be published or made available yet. Hope this information is helpful. I can't hardly wait for November 18th! ;D

Eric

diplomaniac1

Pat -

What exactly does term "Karma" located in the left-hand margin of the posts signify? Please advise. thanks.

Eric

diplomaniac1

Swish, Slim, and other F&M Fans -

Here is some more information on F&M games that I received from Ed Haas, F&M's Sports Information Director:

"F&M-Alvernia -- December 30 in Lancaster

The other game was Catholic on December 21 - but they have backed out. They are still trying to get a deal done with Catholic for here in Lancaster, but Glenn is also looking at other opponents as well."

Eric