1.     Wisconsin Whitewater      
2.   Concordia Chicago
3.   St. Scholastica
4.   St. Thomas (Minnesota)   
5.   Concordia Wisconsin   
6.   Wisconsin-La Crosse   
7.   Benedictine (Illinois)
8.   Wisconsin-Oshkosh

Surprised to see just one MIAC team while three WIAC teams made the list.  Thought Bethel might have done enough to crack the rankings.
The 2nd/3rd WIAC team(s) need to hope for faves to win Pool A bid. CSS is all but a lock in the UMAC. Nice to see Benedictine in the mix as former CU-C coach Adam Smith has made an immediate impact on his new program. WIAC should be at least a two-bid league, MIAC should be a one-bid league....Interesting to see three NathCon teams in the mix... that league has really taken off in past 5 years.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 27, 2017, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: cubs on April 27, 2017, 12:43:56 PM
Midwest Regional Rankings

1.     Wisconsin Whitewater      
2.   Concordia Chicago
3.   St. Scholastica
4.   St. Thomas (Minnesota)   
5.   Concordia Wisconsin   
6.   Wisconsin-La Crosse   
7.   Benedictine (Illinois)
8.   Wisconsin-Oshkosh

Surprised to see just one MIAC team while three WIAC teams made the list.  Thought Bethel might have done enough to crack the rankings.
The 2nd/3rd WIAC team(s) need to hope for faves to win Pool A bid. CSS is all but a lock in the UMAC. Nice to see Benedictine in the mix as former CU-C coach Adam Smith has made an immediate impact on his new program. WIAC should be at least a two-bid league, MIAC should be a one-bid league....Interesting to see three NathCon teams in the mix... that league has really taken off in past 5 years.

Kind of surprising to see BU on there. They've have had up and down stretches throughout conference play. Though having three wins against regionally ranked teams helps. They have a solid chance to pick up 1-2 more today against CUC.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

cubs

Week #2 Midwest Regional Rankings

1.   Wisconsin Whitewater      
2.   Concordia Chicago      
3.   St. Thomas (Minnesota)      
4.   St. Scholastica      
5.   Concordia Wisconsin      
6.   Wisconsin-La Crosse      
7.   Bethel (Minnesota)      
8.   Benedictine (Illinois)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

So Whitewater/Concordia-Chicago stay #1/2, St. Thomas and St. Scholastica flip-flop at #3/4, Concordia-Wisconsin and La Crosse stay at #5/6, and Bethel replaces UWO coming in at #7, while Benedictine drops to #8.

BaseballFan

CSS beats Bethel today 4-0 with only giving up 2 hits. They have 2 against tommies on Sunday.

MIACLUV

I've been on a board break for a while, but I think it's time to break the silence. As I look through this Midwest Region this could be the year that I believe it's anyone's regional to be had. Sadly I believe that the MIAC may only be a 1-bid conference which is frightening given the Tommies past couple years in the MIAC tourney. Same can be said for the WIAC, if WW takes care of business, as is tradition, that will leave LAX with 17 losses and even though their SOS is crazy good, a 17 loss team getting a C bid is RARE, again if Tommies stumble that leaves them a 16 loss C candidate. In the MIAC we can look to Bethel with a chance, but SOS (as usual) is poor. Great record, but play some good teams already! Bethel's "Best offense in the MIAC" got dominated by St Scholastica's #3 and had 2 hits, at home! Getting to see the Tommies vs St. Scholastica on Sunday was an eye opener, the St. Scholastica offense is pretty solid top to bottom, and their game 1 pitching was solid. Game 2 for both teams looked to be a playoff prep with both teams taking out some of their regulars and pitching guys that have very little stats to speak of, SS is a strong#4 seed. It was nice to see the Tommies middle of the order get rolling in that 2nd game, hopefully that carries over.

A-Bids
MIAC - St. Thomas
WIAC - UW Whitewater
UMAC - St. Scholastica
NACC - Conc-Chicago

C-Bid Hopefuls
WIAC - UW Lax (SOS puts them in the talks)
MIAC - Bethel (SOS may keep them from being a lock)
UMAC - Temps in hell still above freezing
NACC - Conc. Wis (Making the Conf. Tournament final is a MUST)

The Midwest Regional will be a 6 team, with a strong Central team coming up as a 2 or 3 seed and one of those three C-bid hopeful's makes it just to fill it out.

BigPoppa

Quote from: MIACLUV on May 10, 2017, 01:47:30 PM
I've been on a board break for a while, but I think it's time to break the silence. As I look through this Midwest Region this could be the year that I believe it's anyone's regional to be had. Sadly I believe that the MIAC may only be a 1-bid conference which is frightening given the Tommies past couple years in the MIAC tourney. Same can be said for the WIAC, if WW takes care of business, as is tradition, that will leave LAX with 17 losses and even though their SOS is crazy good, a 17 loss team getting a C bid is RARE, again if Tommies stumble that leaves them a 16 loss C candidate. In the MIAC we can look to Bethel with a chance, but SOS (as usual) is poor. Great record, but play some good teams already! Bethel's "Best offense in the MIAC" got dominated by St Scholastica's #3 and had 2 hits, at home! Getting to see the Tommies vs St. Scholastica on Sunday was an eye opener, the St. Scholastica offense is pretty solid top to bottom, and their game 1 pitching was solid. Game 2 for both teams looked to be a playoff prep with both teams taking out some of their regulars and pitching guys that have very little stats to speak of, SS is a strong#4 seed. It was nice to see the Tommies middle of the order get rolling in that 2nd game, hopefully that carries over.

A-Bids
MIAC - St. Thomas
WIAC - UW Whitewater
UMAC - St. Scholastica
NACC - Conc-Chicago

C-Bid Hopefuls

The Midwest Regional will be a 6 team, with a strong Central team coming up as a 2 or 3 seed and one of those three C-bid hopeful's makes it just to fill it out.

There is NO strong Central team this season. But if any, I could see the CCIW champ or WashU being shipped in.

Jim Dixon

I don't see Washington or the CCIW champ going to the Midwest.  The Central needs as many of the best teams as they can get.

I would like to see Dubuque get in as a reward for their fine season.  They would be a perfect team to ship to the Midwest Regional if they need a nearby team to  round out the regional.

We could see an eight team regional with 2 WIAC, 2 MIAC, 2 NACC, St Norbert, St. Scholastica.  I cold see a team out of this scenerio shipped if Dubuque in in to bolster the Central competition.

badgerwarhawk

I've been told that WHITEWATER will be hosting an 8 team regional. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Jim Dixon

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 10, 2017, 07:44:35 PM
I've been told that WHITEWATER will be hosting an 8 team regional.

I expect they are told to expect an eight team regional.  The distribution of teams is not yet known.

cubs

Week #3 Midwest Regional Rankings

1.   Wisconsin Whitewater   
2.   Concordia Chicago
3.   St. Scholastica      
4.   St. Thomas
5.   Wisconsin-La Crosse      
6.   Bethel    
7.   Concordia Wisconsin      
8.   Saint John's

cubs

So we see St. Scholastica and St. Thomas "flip-flop" in the #3 and #4 spot this week, Concordia-Wisconsin drop two spots from #5 to #7, and St. John's enter the rankings at #8 in place of Benedictine.

cubs

Quote from: MIACLUV on May 10, 2017, 01:47:30 PM

A-Bids
MIAC - St. Thomas
WIAC - UW Whitewater
UMAC - St. Scholastica
NACC - Conc-Chicago

C-Bid Hopefuls

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't followed the Minnesota schools as much as I normally do, so with that said, the first question I would ask is do any of them have the depth in their starting rotation #1-4 to win a Regional? 

The reason I ask, is that I think the quartet of Jones/Renz/Wuethrich/Kaska that Whitewater will be able to send out their might be one of the deepest and talented rotations Vodenlich has had and as we all know, it always seems to come down to pitching this time of year.

I have gone on record stating that the WIAC was a one-bid league this year, however with La Crosse sticking at #5 in the Regional Rankings this week, assuming there aren't any upsets in the other Midwest Tournaments (WIAC, MIAC, NACC, and UMAC) they would likely be at the table from the start to represent the region.  If that is the case, that SOS number might just be enough to overcome the 17 losses.

BigPoppa

I think the WIAC is almost always a two-bid league (or three some years). The committee understands their schedules and losses in the WIAC are not as devastating as losses in other conferences.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 11, 2017, 12:30:38 PM
I think the WIAC is almost always a two-bid league (or three some years). The committee understands their schedules and losses in the WIAC are not as devastating as losses in other conferences.
I would tend to agree with you if there was a "clear cut" #2 team in the WIAC this season, but as evidenced by the three-way tie for second place at 11-9, I'm not sure I could pick one.....  Of course if Boushley is on the mound, I would probably take La Crosse over the other two.