2018 Great Lakes Region

Started by bestfancle, August 28, 2018, 12:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulNewman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2018, 04:10:03 PM
Canceled? Nope. The d3soccer.com scoreboard says that the match is postponed until tomorrow, as do the Capital and Ohio Northern websites.

I suspect Domino1195 is quite aware of the status and that tournament games get played.... ;)

Domino1195

JCU hangs on - Mt Union made the last 15 minutes very interesting. Got one back but couldn't overcome the 2-0 hole. JCU loses a key player for the final due to RC.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 01, 2018, 04:28:30 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2018, 04:10:03 PM
Canceled? Nope. The d3soccer.com scoreboard says that the match is postponed until tomorrow, as do the Capital and Ohio Northern websites.

I suspect Domino1195 is quite aware of the status and that tournament games get played.... ;)

Well, he said "canceled". And they weren't canceled.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

PaulNewman

I was watching Montclair and came back and saw Chewy scored and then was subbed a minute or two later.  Injured?  Hard to believe the 21st minute is when he usually comes out.

OldNed

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 02, 2018, 07:33:35 PM
I was watching Montclair and came back and saw Chewy scored and then was subbed a minute or two later.  Injured?  Hard to believe the 21st minute is when he usually comes out.

It's kind of hard to see player numbers on the feed, but there was an injured player who went off shortly after Chewy scored.  It looks like it could have been Chewy, but I'm not positive. 

PaulNewman

Quote from: OldNed on November 02, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

It's kind of hard to see player numbers on the feed, but there was an injured player who went off shortly after Chewy scored.  It looks like it could have been Chewy, but I'm not positive.

At the time he was the only played that had been subbed so must have been him.  Did he walk off or carried off?

OldNed

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 02, 2018, 07:41:23 PM
Quote from: OldNed on November 02, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

At the time he was the only played that had been subbed so must have been him.  Did he walk off or carried off?

He walked off from behind the ONU goal and he was limping noticeably.  I don't have the sound on, so I'm not sure what the announcer might have been saying.  Whatever injury it might be, it looked like Chewy was in some pain. 

Domino1195

He sprinted for a through ball and then went  down with no contact. I mentioned earlier that he's been injured every year and that his success this year has been due to staying fit. 5 minutes in the Wilmington game, 1 in the Otterbein game, about 20 tonight.

Cap very sloppy with their passes and lucky to have a lead. ONU has brought intensity from the opening whistle - very reminiscent of the OWU and JCU game (first half). Interested to see how they start the second half

Gregory Sager

Polar Bears win in double OT, 2-1.

I had the match on, and when I wasn't watching it I could at least hear it ... and I don't remember the broadcasters saying anything about Chewy Gordon being injured. (I might've missed it when I went to the bathroom.  ;)) But his absence after he came out was, obviously, the elephant in the room.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Domino1195

ONU played with grit and toughness all night and got a deserved win. Cap probably with little chance left but a very good season nonetheless. Many of these players return for what will be Cap's biggest senior class in 5-6 years.

Mr.Right

I think Capital still has a shot but you are right a Win over Ohio Northern would have clinched it IMO. That would have given them their 3rd RvR and their SOS will rise anyhow. Now I think they are on the bubble but probably the wrong side of it especially if Ohio Northern defeats JCU and as you said one of their best players got a red in the Semi's.

Domino1195

Grove City drops the championship game 1-0.  I watched Westminster vs Case and was impressed - especially after that horrible start to the game.  They are very stingy on defense - and I expect that they will be going to Kenyon for their first round game.  Assumptions that Case and Kenyon will host first round action.

Mr Right - would like to think they have a shot but they really don't.  Had they won last night - maybe.  But it's a building programs and they have been on a good path the last three years.  The recruiting for central Ohio players is getting very competitive and Cap has been getting a steady stream of young talent.

Domino1195

Hanover with a horrible KFTM loses their NCAA bid. Most saddened for Grove City. Hope there's room for OWU.  But CMU solidified their bid today - that makes 7 GL bids - 5 AQ and 2 UAA Pool C bids. We're on the fence for an additional bid. Amherst loss is painful . . .

Domino1195

GL 6-2. Congrats to PSU-B with the big underdog victory. GL teams crash head on tomorrow - represent lads!!!