MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

Amusing, "veterancciwfan" tells a totally different story on the cciw page regarding the "winner" of the Blackburn - IWU scrimmage than dynasty 22 does above  -  who to believe?
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 10, 2006, 08:48:52 PMAt least we get some sort of a story - the local d3 [Concordia, Ann Arbor] is often lucky to get 3 lines in the agate section!

Concordia (MI) isn't D3, it's NAIA, Chuck. If even the most ardent small-college basketball fan in Washtenaw County isn't aware of the school's affiliation, what hope is there for the Cardinals?  :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: y_jack_lok on November 12, 2006, 10:55:08 AMI just don't know how the NCCAA stacks up competitively to D2 or D3.

Very poorly. Last year, according to the running tally that Rhodes Scholar keeps in the "D3 vs. D1/D2/NAIA/NCCAA" room, D3 teams won 73 of 82 contests against NCCAA-affiliated teams. I'm not sure if the NCCAA or the USCAA constitutes the bottom rung of college basketball in terms of talent level, but it's one or the other.

Having said that, Oakland City is obviously a very good program by the usual standards of that level.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mac Attack

Report on the CCIW page says Millikin beat Greenville by 40 in an exhibition game last Friday night in Decatur. Ouch....

Mac Attack

From this morning's Bloomington Pantagraph...

The Lincoln College men's basketball team defeated Marshalltown Community College 85-65 at Kewanee on Sunday.

Lincoln was led by D. J. Lindsay and Kenneth Calvert who each scored 18 points. P.J. Keaton had a great all around game for the Lynx scoring 13 points, grabbing 14 rebounds and handing out six assists.

Kenneth Trotter added 11 points for Lincoln as they moved to 4-1 on the season.

Marshalltown was led in scoring by DaShawn Wright and Kenard Moore each with 17 points.

pantherpride06

Quote from: Mac Attack on November 13, 2006, 08:51:59 AM
From this morning's Bloomington Pantagraph...

The Lincoln College men's basketball team defeated Marshalltown Community College 85-65 at Kewanee on Sunday.

Lincoln was led by D. J. Lindsay and Kenneth Calvert who each scored 18 points. P.J. Keaton had a great all around game for the Lynx scoring 13 points, grabbing 14 rebounds and handing out six assists.

Kenneth Trotter added 11 points for Lincoln as they moved to 4-1 on the season.

Marshalltown was led in scoring by DaShawn Wright and Kenard Moore each with 17 points.

Are we just posting randon newspaper articles now?  MacAttack, if you are thinking that's Lincoln Christian, I think you'd be wrong because in Lincoln, there is Lincoln College and Lincoln Christhan College.  I think Lincoln College is a JUCO.  Just an FYI.
Panther Pride

Mac Attack

I assumed it was Lincoln Christian. If not, my mistake. I'm not in the habit of posting random newspaper articles.

What's the story on the game at Millikin? You never really know about what goes in exhibition games, but a 40 point loss is an eye opener...makes me wonder what the Highlanders will be looking at next Saturday afternoon. Mac lost by three at Millikin last year, and had a chance to win with a minute to play. I think Mac is better this season, maybe much better. Millikin will be a heavy favorite, but my guess is the Highlanders will make it interesting. Maybe very interesting.

pantherpride06

HOT OFF THE PANTHER WIRE:  Bryson Taylor is back for the Greenville Panthers.  Bryson only played 3 years of basketball (2 at Greenville and one at his old school.)  Prior to the school year, he thought his elgibilty was up.  Upon further investigation with the Athletic Dept. and the NCAA, he is cleared for another year.

Does Tayor help the Panthers, absoutely.  After the 40 point drumming by Millikin, Taylor will give the bench some more depth and leadership on the floor.  Taylor will be a big key in the Panther attack this season.  Does it make the Panthers better record wise?  Not sure.  He may get the Panthers a few more wins and put them up there at 4-6 in the final standings. 

And on the SLIAC Coaches Poll questions, as an assistant in the program, I know there is a coaches poll.  Should be released this week.

What say you on the revitalization of the Panthers w/ Taylor back?
Panther Pride

pantherpride06

Stats on Fontbonne v. Oakland City (In)

http://www.oak.edu/athletics/mbasketball/06-07%20Season/OCUvsFontMen.htm

First of all, tons of credit to Fontbonne on a big win, but statistically speaking, Fontbonne played out of their mind, shooting 60% for the game.  Oakland City played about where they will play throughout the season.  FU won't shoot 60% from the field every night, wont shoot 90% from the stripe, and 50% from dream land.
Panther Pride

dynasty22

Hopefan - Their were multiple games being played. IWU was clearly the winner on the night, but BC did win a couple of the game thay they had won. Plus it doesn't matter anyways, BC won't see an opponent the caliber of IWU until the National tournament, pending they get there first...
Go Beavers!

fcnews

Gregory are you telling me that Greenville College had 6 of the nine NCCAA wins last year?

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 13, 2006, 03:02:24 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 10, 2006, 08:48:52 PMAt least we get some sort of a story - the local d3 [Concordia, Ann Arbor] is often lucky to get 3 lines in the agate section!

Concordia (MI) isn't D3, it's NAIA, Chuck. If even the most ardent small-college basketball fan in Washtenaw County isn't aware of the school's affiliation, what hope is there for the Cardinals?  :D

Not much, and this proves it! ;) ;D

I had meant to type 'd3-type school' - I was pretty sure they weren't d3 (I think the MIAA schools are Michigan's only d3s, except Finlandia), but I would have guessed they were NCCAA.  (Considering their incredible lack of success in every sport I've noticed, maybe they SHOULD be!)

hopefan

FCnews - no Greg is not counting Greenville as an NCCAA team, as its obvious primary membership is NCAA D3.   Reporting done in that record (which I did for most of last year in conjunction with Rhodes Scholar) were for schools listed only as NCCAA or USCAA.  Believe me, those schools over all were BAD.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

fcnews

Then Oakland City is considered NCCAA, even though they are a member in good standing with the NCAA DII as an independent.

fcnews

Pride - Don't be to suprised if you don't see FU around the 50% from 3's, and they are a much better free throw shooting team then last year. Branch, McCoy and Parker all will shoot a high percentage.