FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wabco

Just to get the ball rolling ... if my computation is correct (I am a Div 3 major)... the cumulative 4 year Bell score is Wabash 147  ;D and the Dannies 26  :o

wabashcpa

Glad to see that the Griffith football pipeline to Wabash is alive and well with Austin Brown coming to C'ville in the fall.  Great kid, great player - ran the wishbone for 3 years as QB and also starter at DB.  Curious to see if he will wear #16 in the tradition of Lehmann and Najar.

wabco

Glad to see we have another Buresh comiung from the Hamilton HS, Mishigan pipeline.  Ethan Buresh.  He will join brother Cody at the LB spot (Cody has started since Freshman year), and follows brother Tyler who has graduated.  From what I hear, Ethan will help Wabash out just fine ... just like his brothers. 

Reminds me of the Henry dynasty from "du region" ... a number of years ago.  5 Henrys ... starting back in time from when Wabash ran the Single Wing (Ken Kurfle was coach days).  Marc Henry, Class of 74, was the youngest.  Don't remember the names of the rest of the Henry clan ... except ... all were running backs I believe.

Are there other Wabash brother/relatives dynasties out there?

wally_wabash

Quote from: wabco on May 06, 2013, 12:11:30 PM
Glad to see we have another Buresh comiung from the Hamilton HS, Mishigan pipeline.  Ethan Buresh.  He will join brother Cody at the LB spot (Cody has started since Freshman year), and follows brother Tyler who has graduated.  From what I hear, Ethan will help Wabash out just fine ... just like his brothers. 

Reminds me of the Henry dynasty from "du region" ... a number of years ago.  5 Henrys ... starting back in time from when Wabash ran the Single Wing (Ken Kurfle was coach days).  Marc Henry, Class of 74, was the youngest.  Don't remember the names of the rest of the Henry clan ... except ... all were running backs I believe.

Hammer brothers! 

Hodges brothers! 

I'm trying to think of other sets of brothers that I've seen...Kubas, Springers, Koliseks...I'm sure there are a bunch of others from the last decade or so that I'm forgetting. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Bishopleftiesdad

This is more recent and I am not sure? Does the younger Holms, play football. I know currently he is a relief pitcher for Wabash.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on May 06, 2013, 02:10:02 PM
This is more recent and I am not sure? Does the younger Holms, play football. I know currently he is a relief pitcher for Wabash.

Luke Holm was not on the 2012 football roster.  There's still time to fix that though.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

cave2bens

Quote from: wally_wabash on May 06, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

Hammer brothers! 

Hodges brothers! 

I'm trying to think of other sets of brothers that I've seen...Kubas, Springers, Koliseks...I'm sure there are a bunch of others from the last decade or so that I'm forgetting. 

A few more names are Banach, Relue, Vandergrift, Weber, Huntsman, and Wood
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

sigma one

Might be another Belton.  Also a QB.  Not sure yet, but who is in DIII until first practice. 

sigma one

Sorry for two posts back to back.  I had to look it up.  The Henrys were Bert, Marc, Matt, Mike, Steve.  All were at Wabash between 1963 and 1974.  Mike is third on the all-time single season rushing list at 1379 yards.  He also is fifth on the list of pre-2012 single-game rushing v. Valparaiso, 34 att. 233 yds.; also 14th v. Wheaton 36 att. 196 yds; 15th v. Denison, 31 att. 195 yds, and 22nd, v. Ohio Wesleyan, 39 att. 184 yds.  All in 1969.  Look at the number of attempts:  workhorse back.  He had seven 100+ yard games that year.  Bert and Mike were Wabash football MVPs.  I'm not sure all five were running backs.  Bert and Mike were for sure.  The 1969 team was 3-6 and lost to DPU (7-17). 
     Fathers and sons are also interesting to note.  Two pairs in my lifetime (that I can recall off the top of my head)) are Dave Knott and Jake Knott (both QBs) and Tom and Ryan Freeman.  Then there are the three Koliseks:  Frank, Jake, and Charlie.  Frank is now President of OrthoIndy and one of the best hip surgeons anywhere.  I'm sure there are other f/s combos.   

Pat Coleman

Quote from: wally_wabash on May 06, 2013, 03:08:50 PM

Luke Holm was not on the 2012 football roster.  There's still time to fix that though.   :)

I don't think so. Pretty sure the 2012 football roster is pretty set by now. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 06, 2013, 11:47:04 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on May 06, 2013, 03:08:50 PM

I don't think so. Pretty sure the 2012 football roster is pretty set by now. :)

Touché.  :)

Joe Wally

Quote from: wally_wabash on May 06, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

Hammer brothers! 

Hodges brothers! 

Kaisers!

bashgiant

Wabash is off to Panama this week, does any one know if the host team will broadcast this game on the internet?
Sounds like the Wabash defense is going to be wicked good this year! Is September here yet?!?

bashbrother

Quote from: wabco on May 03, 2013, 10:53:01 AM
Just to get the ball rolling ... if my computation is correct (I am a Div 3 major)... the cumulative 4 year Bell score is Wabash 147  ;D and the Dannies 26  :o.

Looking at the stats from the last 3 years,  the picture looks pretty bad for the Dannies offensively....  They had  387 yards (129 yds/gm) of offense to Wabash's 1,110 yards (370 yds/game).  Four years ago, Depauw actually out gained Wabash, 450 to 418 in the loss.
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

wally_wabash

Quote from: bashbrother on May 15, 2013, 12:42:14 AM
Quote from: wabco on May 03, 2013, 10:53:01 AM
Just to get the ball rolling ... if my computation is correct (I am a Div 3 major)... the cumulative 4 year Bell score is Wabash 147  ;D and the Dannies 26  :o.

Looking at the stats from the last 3 years,  the picture looks pretty bad for the Dannies offensively....  They had  387 yards (129 yds/gm) of offense to Wabash's 1,110 yards (370 yds/game).  Four years ago, Depauw actually out gained Wabash, 450 to 418 in the loss.

I think DePauw has hit bottom.  While I hope that we indefinitely thump on those guys just like we have over the last four years, I think the reality is that they'll be getting better soon.  Bill Lynch can coach...is he going to be a 15-year guy there?  Probably not, but he's got enough years left to steady the boat and get them going in the right direction.  And DePauw has decided to pretty aggressively get up to speed with their playing surfaces and facilities...Blackstock is due to be renovated in time for the upcoming season. 

Don't get me wrong...we aren't losing to those guys anytime soon.  It's just about to not be quite as easy as it has been recently.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily.