BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: ADL70 on March 05, 2017, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 04, 2017, 06:50:51 PM
Does Allegheny not go on spring break for another 2 weeks??  I was looking at their schedule and they're playing Case now and then don't play again for ages. 

Also, unrelated but I am watching the game against Case and the Spartans are sporting quite possible the worst uniforms I've seen.  Navy jerseys with navy pants.  They look like a freaking softball team!  Just terrible.

That's what the 'Gheny guy said in the broadcast. Another schedule quirk has CWRU starting the season with 19 straight away or neutral site games. First home game is March 31.

About the unis, to my eyes, I like them better than navy over white pants, but do like navy over dark gray which they have worn.  I'd prefer traditional white /gray  unis, but that ship sailed long ago. These mimic the football team's.

I'm with you.  I'd prefer white/gray, but I've always been a traditionalist even as a player.  I despised our purple/black jerseys.  Although I will say teams now have much nicer color jerseys than we did.  Nicer quality I mean.  That helps.

Also, this discussion had me remembering Wooster's gold jerseys.  Those are gross too.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 06, 2017, 08:44:03 AM
Quote from: ADL70 on March 05, 2017, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 04, 2017, 06:50:51 PM
Does Allegheny not go on spring break for another 2 weeks??  I was looking at their schedule and they're playing Case now and then don't play again for ages. 

Also, unrelated but I am watching the game against Case and the Spartans are sporting quite possible the worst uniforms I've seen.  Navy jerseys with navy pants.  They look like a freaking softball team!  Just terrible.

That's what the 'Gheny guy said in the broadcast. Another schedule quirk has CWRU starting the season with 19 straight away or neutral site games. First home game is March 31.

About the unis, to my eyes, I like them better than navy over white pants, but do like navy over dark gray which they have worn.  I'd prefer traditional white /gray  unis, but that ship sailed long ago. These mimic the football team's.

I'm with you.  I'd prefer white/gray, but I've always been a traditionalist even as a player.  I despised our purple/black jerseys.  Although I will say teams now have much nicer color jerseys than we did.  Nicer quality I mean.  That helps.

Also, this discussion had me remembering Wooster's gold jerseys.  Those are gross too.

I am thinking of renaming this thread fashion police.  I have to agree a return to the grey pants would be an improvement.

Dr. Acula

I saw Hiram went 7-3 in FL and I was about to come on here and give them some love.  But then I looked at their schedule and saw who they played.  7-3 against that schedule is probably not any cause for celebration.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 12, 2017, 05:51:20 PM
I saw Hiram went 7-3 in FL and I was about to come on here and give them some love.  But then I looked at their schedule and saw who they played.  7-3 against that schedule is probably not any cause for celebration.

Hiram's schedule is not the worse I have seen but yeah not good at 319th in the nation. 

SOS: http://www.d3baseball.com/seasons/2017/schedule?tmpl=sos-template

Dr. Acula

I wonder why Witt was only in FL for 5 days and only played 6 games?  Seems like if you're going to make that trek you'd want to get in as many games as you could while you're there.

Bishopleftiesdad

OWU is finally getting on the winning side of things, after starting 0-5, they have win 3 in a row. Now the teams they beat are not doing that well themselves. The best of the lot in florida, so far, was supposed to be Susquehanna, but they are 3-6. But they have beat some good teams.
http://www.gosusqu.com/sports/bsb/2016-17/schedule
North Central is up next

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 14, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
I wonder why Witt was only in FL for 5 days and only played 6 games?  Seems like if you're going to make that trek you'd want to get in as many games as you could while you're there.
OWU's schedule is pretty similar, they are down there from the 13th to the 17th.

Dr. Acula

That Wielansky kid seems like he is going to be an absolute stud.  He and Lackner have to be the best 1-2 punch in the middle of the order in the NCAC.  Good grief.

Bishopleftiesdad

Yeah, They are going to be hard to stop. They have to be the favorite to get the NCAC bid. Not sure I see another Pool C out of the NCAC, unless possibly Denison.

old scot

Scots off to a good start. Not sure how strong the competition is. 5 and 0 coming out of the gate.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: old scot on March 17, 2017, 04:39:07 PM
Scots off to a good start. Not sure how strong the competition is. 5 and 0 coming out of the gate.

Looking at their schedule the competition is not bad at all.  Arcadia and Susquehanna both have nice wins to their credit this year.  And Adrian today will be a nice early test too.   

TexasDad

Congrats to Denison University Coach Mike Deegan on his 100th career victory today in a win against Marietta.

Dr. Acula

That had to be sweet coming against the alma mater.  First of many milestones for Deegan.  Congrats!

Dr. Acula

Nice win for Wooster today over JHU.  Coach P had a very quick hook with Saran in the 1st.  BB, BB, HBP, take a seat.

old scot

Scots finish their Florida trip 9-1 and 10-1 for the season. Ready for northern baseball and good weather.