MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madzillagd

Haven't been on this board for awhile but in response to the CLU job, I'm not surprised at all that Dains didn't get the gig. When a major supporter of the university wanted Rider to be gone for awhile, he's not going to miss a chance to push for change when Rider finally went away. This really wasn't about Dains, it was a dislike for Rider and basically guilt by association.

Greek Tragedy

So, don't get over here too often,  but what happened to Cam Hallam? I don't see him on Chapman's roster this year and he would've only been a junior after winning POTY as a freshman, if I'm correct.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 13, 2017, 08:52:28 AM
So, don't get over here too often,  but what happened to Cam Hallam? I don't see him on Chapman's roster this year and he would've only been a junior after winning POTY as a freshman, if I'm correct.

I went looking for him as well for several reasons... didn't see him on the roster and didn't have time to chase. I am curious as well.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

OxyBob

Oxy began its season with a couple of exhibition games, losing to Westmont 69-62, and beating Bethesda 75-72. Last night the Tigers got their first official win of the season, beating Caltech 80-60. Oxy led 37-31 at halftime and blew the game open with a 16-0 run in the second half. For Oxy, Zach Baines had 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Austin DeWitz scored 18.

Next up for Oxy is West Coast Baptist this Friday at 7:00 p.m.

OxyBob

WoostAr

Not a good first week for SCIAC basketball

CMS dropped two in Wisconsin to White Water and Platteville
Whitworth beat La Verne
Linfield dropped Whittier and Pomona Pitzer w/ upcoming games against La Verne and Caltech
Pacific and Puget Sound dropped Redlands

.....the SCIAC has yet to win a non-conference NCAA game outside of UC Santa Cruz...here's hoping week 2 goes better.

WoostAr

Also -- Michael Scarlett is on the roster, was a pre-season all American (3rd team), but didnt play in Wisconsin -- is he hurt or something?

Smitty Oom

Quote from: WoostAr on November 20, 2017, 03:44:09 PM
Also -- Michael Scarlett is on the roster, was a pre-season all American (3rd team), but didnt play in Wisconsin -- is he hurt or something?

Was mentioned at a couple places on the board here and on the Hoopsville Pod but no ones seems to know. As Ryan Scott said earlier, news from some of the west coast teams come via pony express, so no news as of yet. (I think he said
via wagon, but I put my own twist on it  8-))

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 20, 2017, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: WoostAr on November 20, 2017, 03:44:09 PM

Was mentioned at a couple places on the board here and on the Hoopsville Pod but no ones seems to know. As Ryan Scott said earlier, news from some of the west coast teams come via pony express, so no news as of yet. (I think he said
via wagon, but I put my own twist on it  8-))

Did those low-life varmints cut the telegraph wires AGAIN?!

WoostAr

And the SCIAC finally gets a couple non-conference NCAA wins.........against a school that up until last year was an all women's college.

.........buckle up -- this could be a long season...

OxyBob

Quote from: WoostAr on November 27, 2017, 12:55:32 PM
And the SCIAC finally gets a couple non-conference NCAA wins.........against a school that up until last year was an all women's college.

Last night Oxy beat something called Westcliff University, 88-67. Westcliff is apparently located in Irvine in the 10-story University Tower, which, according to the property manager, "offers unparalleled retail & restaurant amenities and support services just steps away including: In-N-Out Burger, Steelhead Brewery, Mendicino Farms, 24 Hour Fitness, Kinko's and Trader Joe's." Westcliff has a win over the University of Los Angeles College of Divinity.

OxyBob

OxyBob

Oxy got off to a good start in conference play with a 67-63 OT win over Cal Lutheran. Oxy rallied from 46-31 to tie the game at 59, and held CL (formerly known as CLU) to 4 FTs in OT.

For Oxy, Zack Baines had 24 pts and 11 rebs, Austin DeWitz had 10 pts and 10 rebs, Jonny Crossthwaite had 11 pts and 11 rebs, and Jeevin Sandhu scored 11.

For CL, Kyle Ferreira scored 20, Austin Cole scored 16, and Blake Miles scored 10.

Oxy is 6-0 (1-0) and plays next at West Coast Baptist on 12/8. Big test for Oxy coming up on 12/17 against D-III No. 1 ranked Whitman.

Cal Lutheran is 2-3 (0-1) and is home to NAIA Vanguard on 12/9.

OxyBob

WoostAr

CMS goes down to Santa Cruz -- of course, the story has to be that CMS not only didn't start any of their normal starters (Lynds, President, Ely, Scarlett, Morris) -- they didn't play them at all......and they didn't play them at all after a night where they won a game with pretty good looking stats. 

Claremont's story has to be the surprise of the season so far: after starting the year ranked #15, with an injured all-american who came back and then got benched??, and are now 2-6 overall.

One other SCIAC thought -- I don't understand the conference schedule -- some teams have played 2 conference games already, but Caltech has played zero?....how did that happen?