MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: doolittledog on November 15, 2018, 06:04:09 PM
Dubuque has a junior transfer, Avery Butler. 

27-31 from the field
5-15 from the line

I'm curious to see how this develops over the course of the season.

9 minutes last night. Did he get hurt?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

doolittledog

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 15, 2018, 09:34:51 PM

27-31 from the field
5-15 from the line

9 minutes last night. Did he get hurt?

In the 1st half with maybe 8 minutes left he went in for a lay up and looked like he twisted an ankle when he came down.  They took him out right after that.  He came back on with maybe 2 minutes left in the half and never saw the floor again.  Hopefully just an ankle sprain in a game they didn't really need him. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

AndOne

27-31 from the field
5-15 from the line

It still would be interesting to learn how Dubuque "lost" (or is it how Loras "found") Cole Navigato just prior to the beginning of last season.
Navigato had "signed" (Celebratory Signing Form/Twitter/Verbal) with Dubuque last year to the point where his name was on the Dubuque roster when it was first posted on their web site prior to last season. A week or so later, he was gone from the UD site and, almost immediately, appeared on the Loras roster. Very strange situation to say the least. He is now in his soph year at Loras. Anyone have any info on how this switcheroo went down?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: AndOne on November 16, 2018, 12:02:46 AM

27-31 from the field
5-15 from the line

It still would be interesting to learn how Dubuque "lost" (or is it how Loras "found") Cole Navigato just prior to the beginning of last season.
Navigato had "signed" (Celebratory Signing Form/Twitter/Verbal) with Dubuque last year to the point where his name was on the Dubuque roster when it was first posted on their web site prior to last season. A week or so later, he was gone from the UD site and, almost immediately, appeared on the Loras roster. Very strange situation to say the least. He is now in his soph year at Loras. Anyone have any info on how this switcheroo went down?

Reason 354 why when people ask me about recruits or individuals on a program, I tell them I don't care until all of the above happens...
- They have paid their deposit.
- They have shown up on campus.
- They have starting taking classes (have enough credits).
- Have met with the coach.
- Have started practicing with the team.
- Have been given a uniform.
- Have shown up on a roster.
- Are in their uniform for a game.
- Enter a game.

There are also, but sometimes more complicated as it is an eligibility thing that can happen after the fact:
- Paid their tuition bills.
- Continue to show up to class.
- Kept their grades up.

There are so many ways, especially in DIII, for things to go in a different direction and thus why I don't pay that much attention to where recruits (or schools) say they are going.

That said ... certainly interesting. I'll read what might have happened. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

doolittledog

Quote from: AndOne on November 16, 2018, 12:02:46 AM

27-31 from the field
5-15 from the line

He showed up and was on campus for the first few weeks of classes last year.  Then made the switch over to Loras.  This has all the ingredients for a classic story since he left for the cross town school.     

The conspiracy theory guy in me says lets make this D1 basketball.  1st year Loras coach has ties to AAU funny money and boom, kid leaves the school less than a mile away to join their rival.  Reality is probably something much simpler...but it's fun to speculate about something dirty  ;D
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

dunkin3117

BV-Bethany Lutheran was the only ARC game on the docket last night.  In looking at the box score, BV is going to be getting 3's up this year.  Dominic Sesma 7-9, Tim Jeffries 3-4, Connor Winkelman 4-4.  WOW!

Full slate of games tonight and Saturday.

Tonight...
Simpson at North Park
Central at St. Norbert
UD vs Olivet
NWU at Carroll
Loras vs St. Scholastica
Coe at Wheaton

Saturday...
NWU at St. Norbert
UD vs St. Scholastica
Luther vs Bethany Lutheran
BV at UW-Stevens Point
Wartburg vs Viterbo
Central at Carroll
Loras vs Olivet

Unlike earlier this week, I will be tuning in and keeping a close eye on each and every one of these games.  Most intrigued by the NWU/St. Norbert game Saturday afternoon.

Smitty Oom

https://twitter.com/DuhawkMBB/status/1063654540417871873

Big shot by Rowan.... would have been a bad loss come March for the Duhawks.

On the flip side, the UMAC has a had a very impressive showing thus far early in the season.

EDIT: Game ended 81-80... Duhawks were down 2 before the shot!

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 17, 2018, 12:20:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DuhawkMBB/status/1063654540417871873

Big shot by Rowan.... would have been a bad loss come March for the Duhawks.

On the flip side, the UMAC has a had a very impressive showing thus far early in the season.

Very nice! I love buzzer beaters. I wish D3hoops still had that page, but one of them told me it's really hard to keep updated...or something.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Smitty Oom

That was an awesome page! I would volunteer to run that page for free!  ;D   :D

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Part of the problem was getting video from schools.  Some SIDs are great about it (Loras had the shot on Twitter within 90 seconds, I think), but others are really tough.  It's just a lot of work.

Apparently, Albertus Magnus beat Bowdoin last night on a layup that got blocked off the backboard into the hands of a trailing player for a buzzer beater.  I'd love to see it if any of you can track down some video.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 17, 2018, 02:39:21 PM

Part of the problem was getting video from schools.  Some SIDs are great about it (Loras had the shot on Twitter within 90 seconds, I think), but others are really tough.  It's just a lot of work.

Apparently, Albertus Magnus beat Bowdoin last night on a layup that got blocked off the backboard into the hands of a trailing player for a buzzer beater.  I'd love to see it if any of you can track down some video.

I don't think it's really a "problem". It's a completely voluntary page. If SIDs don't want to send footage in, so be it. Even if 400+ teams send in a half dozen buzzer beaters a week, that's fine with me. You have a volunteer!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Smitty Oom

What is the legality of taking videos from Synergy?

duckfan41

Huge game Wednesday night for Loras against Augustana (the D3 Augie this time around). Augustana is very good, and arguably better than last year having Pierson Wofford back.

I’m interested to see how Augie will guard Josh Ruggles, as Grey Giovanne lost out on Ruggles when he was looking for a D3 school to land at following his transfer from NAIA Grace College. I wouldn’t be surprised if they throw Crishawn Orange or Nolen Ebel at him all night, but time will tell.

Jordan Boyd/Jake Toman and Ryan DiCanio will have their hands full all night with the likes of Micah Martin and Brett Benning respectively, but I feel they will be up to the task. Very much looking forward to this one!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 18, 2018, 10:57:22 AM
What is the legality of taking videos from Synergy?

Not really allowed as I understand it. THat said, that is basically how the Fitchburg State elbow was released to the world (before smarter folks like us knew you could get the footage via their stream). So maybe... frowned upon?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Lost in the big Wednesday night game between Augustana and Loras is the "Don't forget about us" game between Simpson and ranked Platteville. Platteville just dropped a home game against fellow, lower ranked St. John's while Simpson hammered #26 Hope over the weekend.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!