FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astro9046

"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

Gray Fox

I saw that Bruce Allen is president of the Washington Redskins.
He was the worst coach in Occidental history. 
Peter Principle in action.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/2018/12/06/redskins-cant-fire-president-bruce-allen-soon-enough/?utm_term=.bc7c81c0af48

Fierce When Roused

D O.C.

Not familiar with the pedigree. Would that possibly be a relative of George?

Gray Fox

Quote from: D O.C. on December 08, 2018, 12:16:59 PM
Not familiar with the pedigree. Would that possibly be a relative of George?
Son of George, a legendary head coach at Whittier, etc.
Fierce When Roused

D O.C.

Well, that was my guess because daddy was a Washington icon as well.

Purple Heys

Don Coryell also coached at Whittier.

I think, but I'm not quite sure about this, that his lesser known son, Osvaldo Coryell, was also a lousy coach at Oxy.

I may need to double-check my facts on that, though.   ;)
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Purple Heys on December 09, 2018, 12:17:00 AM
Don Coryell also coached at Whittier.

I think, but I'm not quite sure about this, that his lesser known son, Osvaldo Coryell, was also a lousy coach at Oxy.

I may need to double-check my facts on that, though.   ;)
Air Coryell indeed coached at Whittier (22-5-1)

Osvaldo was only a cheerleader at Oxy.  :P
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Doing a little reading on a buddy and totally forgot, the Regals used to play NCAA D2 football, in the Western Football Conference (82-92)...
The Regals were in the league from 85-89, played up and down the coast... Members were Santa Clara, Slo, CSUN, Sac State, Portland State, CP Pomona, and S. Utah...used to play Chico, Hayward etc ...all the time...

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

That would be such a cool conference to play in!  It is very sad to see what the UC and Cal State have done to their football programs and scrapped them.  Now Arizona JC ball is dead.  I wonder if CA JC ball will die too.  Sad face.
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

olddog

Quote from: 10Freeway on December 11, 2018, 06:10:59 PM
That would be such a cool conference to play in!  It is very sad to see what the UC and Cal State have done to their football programs and scrapped them.  Now Arizona JC ball is dead.  I wonder if CA JC ball will die too.  Sad face.

I think CCCAA Football will be gone in the next 10 years. The interesting thing is they will be forced to drop some women's sports to get back to parity. Irony....budgets have to be balanced between men and women with state money.

Just imagine if Cal State Fullerton or LB State played D3 football. Low cost to get in, endless talent pool. Wait ....this scenario already exist in Wisconsin, ..its my understanding kids from Ill. can go to Whitewater at resident rates,....hear comes the argument they work harder and have smarter coaches like Texas.

10Freeway

If Long Beach St and Fullerton both played FCS as non scholarship schools, they would dominate! 
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

(509)Rat

Quote from: 10Freeway on December 12, 2018, 04:38:48 PM
If Long Beach St and Fullerton both played FCS as non scholarship schools, they would dominate!

olddog

Quote from: (509)Rat on December 12, 2018, 05:00:29 PM
Quote from: 10Freeway on December 12, 2018, 04:38:48 PM

If and only we could find coaches as smart and hard working as they have in Oregon and Texas...

Gray Fox

Oxy has a new AD.  From a school without football.  From a conference without football.

http://www.oxyathletics.com/othernews/2018-19/shandaness?fbclid=IwAR1FsUFKJ5g6tSkcsClahRAv8zP7OChM-nS8y2RxA08xYo16VS7oF8YZHrw
Fierce When Roused

D O.C.