Introduction

Started by Smashmouth, November 30, 2010, 03:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smashmouth

Gents,

I just got my account approved and wanted to introduce myself.  I am a father of a UMHB football player and have the love of football in my genes, as most of you.  I played linebacker for a national championship team in 1985 that is now in Divison II which was eliminated a few weeks ago in their playoff bracket. 
     I just found this message board a few weeks ago and several topics have come up that I would love to weigh in on.  Looking forward to the game this weekend up in Dover and will be there rooting on the fighting Cru.  Been to every game for the last two years and have seen a dramatic change and maturity in this team since then. 
     This weekend will be a very good game that I hope none of you miss. 

Go Cru,

Smashmouth

02 Warhawk

welcome....if you haven't found it already, in the South Region Football boards, theyr'e is a ASC board you can discuss Cru football with, and battle it out with HSU folks as well  ;)

enjoy

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Welcome to the boards Mr. Duke!
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Smashmouth

Now how did you know my last name.  I was hoping to keep that confidential for a little while?????

Toby Taff

Quote from: Smashmouth on November 30, 2010, 04:57:34 PM
Now how did you know my last name.  I was hoping to keep that confidential for a little while?????

when you click on the screen name it shows info like your email address.   ;)
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Smashmouth

Learn something new every day.  I was hoping for anaminity so I could post candidly for my sons sake.  Cats out of the bag. 

Toby Taff

Quote from: Smashmouth on November 30, 2010, 05:06:38 PM
Learn something new every day.  I was hoping for anaminity so I could post candidly for my sons sake.  Cats out of the bag. 
Don't worry about that too much.  There are other player's parent's, past and present here like Roocru, Kelly Boggs, Wesley Dad, Bill McCabe...
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Smashmouth

No worries.  On to bigger and better things.  BTW, I totally agree with your assessments thus far on the ASC and the teams of that conference. 

Toby Taff

Quote from: Smashmouth on November 30, 2010, 05:17:43 PM
No worries.  On to bigger and better things.  BTW, I totally agree with your assessments thus far on the ASC and the teams of that conference. 
Thank you.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts and maybe meeting you over some Schoepfs BBQ with some of the other boards regulars sometime.

roocru

Quote from: Toby Taff on November 30, 2010, 05:12:46 PM
Quote from: Smashmouth on November 30, 2010, 05:06:38 PM
Don't worry about that too much.  There are other player's parent's, past and present here like Roocru, Kelly Boggs, Wesley Dad, Bill McCabe...

Yeah, you just have to be careful until they graduate and then you can say whatever you want!! ;D ;)
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

wesleydad

smashmouth, welcome.  they are right.  you have to sort of play it cool until they graduate then you say what you want.  but in my case i missed the first part.  make sure you come and find me this weekend.  i will put on the #13 jersey that my son proudly wore so it will be easy for you to find me.  i will be in the tail gate area around 1030.  please stop by and have a beverage, i only bring good stuff and have shared some time with toby and roocru so hopefully they will vouch for my beverage cred.  it would be great to meet you.

Smashmouth

There will be a small group of us and we will look for you around 1030.

Smashmouth

Wesley Dad,

I sent you a personal email.  Did you get it? We are flying east early tomorrow morning.  Interested in hooking up Saturday morning in the parking lot. 

817-559-7849

Byron

wesleydad

byron, got it.  i will take your number with me.  safe travels, see you saturday.