FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: wally_wabash on February 05, 2019, 01:54:23 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on February 05, 2019, 01:31:18 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Campbell elects to do going forward.  According to a tweet from Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register he had 6 NFL teams reach out to him.

Does he know Sean McVay?  Does he know someone who knows Sean McVay?  Does he know someone who once attended a Rotary Club luncheon where Sean McVay spoke for 15 minutes? 

These are the current qualifications for NFL head coaching hires.

No Wally, he doesn't even to use the full name "Sean McVay".  He just has to say it's a "Sean thing".  Immediate HC job in the NFL.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: wally_wabash on February 05, 2019, 01:54:23 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on February 05, 2019, 01:31:18 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Campbell elects to do going forward.  According to a tweet from Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register he had 6 NFL teams reach out to him.

Does he know Sean McVay?  Does he know someone who knows Sean McVay?  Does he know someone who once attended a Rotary Club luncheon where Sean McVay spoke for 15 minutes? 

These are the current qualifications for NFL head coaching hires.

Word is there is a secret handshake and this eliminates the need to say his name, at all.  The secret handshake got Taylor the HC position with the Bengals. 

ALSO:  Boy was the fun watching Bill Belichick outcoach him. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

purple

I usually do call character witnesses as defense witnesses. I think juries identify with people like themselves and when an elder, an employer, a former coach or teacher says the kid has a good reputation for character and honesty it has some impact.
  I imagine D'Angelo's lawyer has raised the issue about the delay in serving the warrant, and the time that has gone by. (Please check my spelling Frank and Wally, wouldn't want you to get your panties in a bunch.)
It's simply unfair to a defendant, who wasn't hiding or on the run, to try and find witnesses or anyone who can recollect anything, after a one year or more delay.

hsbsballcoach7

I've been trying to keep a little running tab on guys that have "committed" to Mount Union. This doesn't mean they're coming for sure obviously, but at least a small preview. If I miss any that people know of, please add. Good looking Oline so far. Some little speedy receivers (a couple remind me of BJ Mitchell... Not yet obviously)and undersized, but high motor Dline.

Davis Ward TE Hendersonville, TN
Duke Hill DT Memphis, TN
Luke Lukowski OL Auburn, NY
Terrance Brown DB Ecorse, MI
Adrian Brown DE Detroit, MI
Kaleb Noelle LB Batavia, OH
Javon Delancy CB Palm City,. FL
Troy Haynes QB Greenwood, DE
Makati Pruitt WR Conyers, GA
Jaelen Ray QB Kissimmee, FL
Jayden Jones LB Kentwood, MI
Jesse Komorowski QB Memphis, TN
Zachary Beckton S Atlanta, GA
Elijah Stefanic WR Kissimmee, FL
Max Anderson OL Buffalo, NY
Susu Uchendu DB Jackson, MI
Anthony Shaffer OL Hubbard, OH
Devond Dobbins DE Kalamazoo, MI
Mike Valadez OL San Antonio, TX
BJ Gardner RB Memphis, TN
Zack Mazza WR Flint, MI
Shondel Hardnett RB Detroit, MI
Quinten Howell LB Hudson, OH
Bo Sowers QB Holly Springs, NC
Jaxon Rodriguez S McAlester, OK
Kris Lopez LB Columbus, NJ
Clonet Charmant DE Port St Lucie, FL
Joe Massey DT Port St Lucie, FL
Zach Rankin RB Coventry, OH
Devontae Shingles RB Orlando, FL
Ethan Knisley OL/DT Bellbrook, OH
Deandre Parker RB Crystal River, FL
Deron Jenkins DB West Bloomfield, MI
Jelani Barker-Walls OG Southfield, MI
Aaron Wahler RB Cheektowaga, NY

skunks_sidekick

Here's great thoughts (and prayers if you are inclined) to a certain QB who went under the knife to repair his "sprained ankle".  Let's get a full recovery and full speed ahead.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on February 08, 2019, 09:36:41 AM
Here's great thoughts (and prayers if you are inclined) to a certain QB who went under the knife to repair his "sprained ankle".  Let's get a full recovery and full speed ahead.

https://twitter.com/d12angelo/status/1093902164882345984?s=21
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

MUC57

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on February 08, 2019, 11:47:49 AM

Thanks you guys for the update. I had no idea he had surgery. Wish him a speedy recovery and the very best in Florida next month! Go Raiders!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

raiderpa

Quote from: MUC57 on February 08, 2019, 12:12:15 PM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on February 08, 2019, 11:47:49 AM

Never was a "high ankle sprain", seems the kid was unfairly criticized while trying to play with shredded ligaments in ankle. (not directed at you MUC 57)

Thanks you guys for the update. I had no idea he had surgery. Wish him a speedy recovery and the very best in Florida next month! Go Raiders!  ;D

MUC57

raiderpa

I was not directing that comment at you MUC57.  I know you are a faithful follower and supporter.

I was just commenting that Fulford was, IMO, unfairly criticized all year when he was gutting it out with torn ligaments in his ankle.  I put it on your page, knowing that you had been supportive of the kid when others had not been very fair.  Obviously, it appeared wrong.  many apologies.

MUC57

raiderpa

Thanks for the clarification. I know you're one of the "good guys". I think my brain went dead. Let's get him better for another championship run this fall. Go Raiders!
Your apologies not necessary. I'm just in a fog. I didn't read it right. Your observations about his critics were right on. I wish the kid the best. I'm a fan, and I know, you are too.  ;D  :o

Dr. Acula

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on February 06, 2019, 11:15:38 PM
I've been trying to keep a little running tab on guys that have "committed" to Mount Union. This doesn't mean they're coming for sure obviously, but at least a small preview. If I miss any that people know of, please add. Good looking Oline so far. Some little speedy receivers (a couple remind me of BJ Mitchell... Not yet obviously)and undersized, but high motor Dline.

Davis Ward TE Hendersonville, TN
Duke Hill DT Memphis, TN
Luke Lukowski OL Auburn, NY
Terrance Brown DB Ecorse, MI
Adrian Brown DE Detroit, MI
Kaleb Noelle LB Batavia, OH
Javon Delancy CB Palm City,. FL
Troy Haynes QB Greenwood, DE
Makati Pruitt WR Conyers, GA
Jaelen Ray QB Kissimmee, FL
Jayden Jones LB Kentwood, MI
Jesse Komorowski QB Memphis, TN
Zachary Beckton S Atlanta, GA
Elijah Stefanic WR Kissimmee, FL
Max Anderson OL Buffalo, NY
Susu Uchendu DB Jackson, MI
Anthony Shaffer OL Hubbard, OH
Devond Dobbins DE Kalamazoo, MI
Mike Valadez OL San Antonio, TX
BJ Gardner RB Memphis, TN
Zack Mazza WR Flint, MI
Shondel Hardnett RB Detroit, MI
Quinten Howell LB Hudson, OH
Bo Sowers QB Holly Springs, NC
Jaxon Rodriguez S McAlester, OK
Kris Lopez LB Columbus, NJ
Clonet Charmant DE Port St Lucie, FL
Joe Massey DT Port St Lucie, FL
Zach Rankin RB Coventry, OH
Devontae Shingles RB Orlando, FL
Ethan Knisley OL/DT Bellbrook, OH
Deandre Parker RB Crystal River, FL
Deron Jenkins DB West Bloomfield, MI
Jelani Barker-Walls OG Southfield, MI

+k for the leg work pulling this together.

Interesting that there are only 5 OH kids on that list.  Once again they're hitting MI hard.  And 3 kids from Memphis?  That's a new area.

formerd3db

raiderpa: 

Not meaning this as disrespectful to you, however, I am just curious.  When you previously mentioned it was never a high ankle sprain, do you know that for sure? If he had surgery for "shredded" ankle ligaments, that could indicate several possibilities.  It could mean/include either just the lateral (or medial "Deltoid") ligaments or the lateral ligaments and those and above, the latter of which includes what is called the syndesmosis.  The latter condition is more serious, however, both types of injuries can be the cause of ankle instability.  Most grade III ankle sprains (in which all three lateral ligaments of the ankle are completely sprained i.e. torn  sprain=tear and these are graded according to severity) can be and are treated non-surgically, yet if it is such that the ankle becomes unstable, then a reconstruction type of procedure (not a repair) is needed.  This usually occurs when an ankle injury is more of a chronic type, but can result after an initial injury.  Not knowing all the specifics, but what has been generally shared here on the board in the past makes me tend to think his ankle injury was more extensive and involved the syndesmosis, which technically then makes it a "high ankle sprain."  But, again, it could certainly have been just significant lateral ligament tears.  Some additional information about his injury would have been helpful for people to discuss the situation (if you or others have it-assuming that information has been released/permission given by the person involved for public discussion.) Again, I was curious as to further details since you and others have mentioned this and also am just adding to the discussion for informational purposes.  Of course, all that said, I certainly wish him all the best for recovery and return next season at 100%.

Edited to correct a couple of spelling typos and an inadvertent left out word. :)

"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

MUC57

formerd3db

Thanks for the explanation on the surgery. Nothing like having a doctor weigh in on the discussion. We may only get specifics from the patient himself. I'm sure someone will make an announcement if it's OK with DF. Thanks again, doc!

Oh, and Go Hope!  ;D

formerd3db

MUC57:
You are welcome and thanks for you kind words.  Having good engaging discussion on these boards is what makes this fun and certainly what it is all about for all of us who love DIII football and what it has meant for us and what is means for today's current players in later life.  Your posts are always enjoyed and add to the various discussions.

"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice