2015 D3 Season: NATIONAL PERSPECTIVE

Started by D3soccerwatcher, February 08, 2015, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 08, 2015, 01:09:57 PM
Here's the actual game video from the last 90 secs OWU-Kenyon....really unbelievable when you think about all the different things that had to happen (and go wrong....and right) for both teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmw8eudQV2A

Watching the other video last night and now this one I think Barnes for OWU actually made a smart play.  Glassman was in and had plenty of time...more than 5 secs as he broke deep in the box.  Now he might have missed wide or hit it over but he was in and he had enough time to finish the play.  Glassman made a nice play with a chest trap pass to himself and into the open channel.  Kenyon's Barnes was right there running parallel with him.

Did you have the Xanax handy, NCAC? If there was any time for it, it was then! ;)

Brother Flounder

Quote from: blooter442 on November 09, 2015, 12:50:04 PM
Here's the actual game video from the last 90 secs OWU-Kenyon....really unbelievable when you think about all the different things that had to happen (and go wrong....and right) for both teams.

Watching the other video last night and now this one I think Barnes for OWU actually made a smart play.  Glassman was in and had plenty of time...more than 5 secs as he broke deep in the box.  Now he might have missed wide or hit it over but he was in and he had enough time to finish the play.  Glassman made a nice play with a chest trap pass to himself and into the open channel.  Kenyon's Barnes was right there running parallel with him.

Did you have the Xanax handy, NCAC? If there was any time for it, it was then! ;)

Or.... some of Tennessee Jed's Hooch!

TennesseeJed

Quote from: Brother Flounder on November 09, 2015, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: blooter442 on November 09, 2015, 12:50:04 PM

I would have gladly split my own requirements w/ NCACNE (or any other Kenyon fan...  :)), but I can assure you there was not enough left to spare after that...

Or.... some of Tennessee Jed's Hooch!

Flying Weasel

POOL B AT-LARGE BERTH - 1 Berth
UW-Whitewater

POOL C AT-LARGE BERTHS - 18 Berths
Amherst
Carnegie Mellon
Chicago
DePauw
Dickinson
Franklin and Marshall
Macalester
MIT
Montclair State
Ohio Wesleyan
Plattsburgh State
Rowan
RPI
Thomas More
Tufts
UW-Oshkosh
Washington U.
Wheaton (Ill.)

Ron Boerger

Trinity (TX) hosting both men and women this weekend - six games on a pitch that has seen a good deal of rain the last two weeks.   Fortunately things should dry out this week with very little chance of rain before Sunday (30%).

Mr.Right

RPI and Oshkosh are surprises. Etown not getting in is not a surprise but Midd missing out is a surprise.

Also, DePauw.

Flying Weasel

Any sentimentality with the UW-Oshkosh pick?

RPI?  Let the debate rage on!

Golden_Fan

RPI and Plattsburgh getting in over Brockport?!

deutschfan

I am a Liberty League fan but RPI over Hobart, and their moving up 3 spots in the NCAA regional rankings the week after they lost at home to Vassar and were eliminated from the conference tournament, just reeks of undue influence.  It is not like their comeback win in their final game was against a quality team, and their 1-0 loss to Williams in hindsight looks far worse given Williams year-end fall.  The NCAA took a seventh place team from a conference--when has that ever happened?   

igotthisfeeling

I have to say I'm shocked Etown didn't get in...yet they take Dickinson...who ETOWN BEAT, and even beyond that there are other teams that got taken who have worse records then Etown and worse stats. Granted their SOS was low but every other stat was solid. Guess the Mid Atlantic committee of coaches were out to make sure Etown didn't get in - and can figure that based on who is on that committee. You go 17-2-1 and your only losses are to F&M and then the conference final 3-2 after running the table all year - guess that isn't a good enough season to qualify for the NCAA tourney.
Good luck to everyone who got selected. 

Wisco21

Quote from: Flying Weasel on November 09, 2015, 01:46:05 PM
Any sentimentality with the UW-Oshkosh pick?

RPI?  Let the debate rage on!

I would say more than likely, but I'm not complaining! Hopefully they can do something with this "new life" so to speak. Would be very disappointing to see them go one and done.

jknezek

So does Methodist win the "longest bus ride" award? W&L and Methodist travelling to Haverford. That's 454 miles on TES, a little longer on Google, for Methodist.

KnightFalcon

Mr.Right

PaulNewman

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 09, 2015, 02:19:54 PM
Loras got a "bye" to the Final 4

Agree!  Amherst with bye to Elite 8.  Oneonta with next easiest.  Winner of Haverford-SLU sitting pretty.  I like OWU's draw to the Elite 8.  No one there they can't handle and get Calvin most likely on own field.