MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

A little motivation?

Scranton, USMMA, and Susquehanna have clinched three of the four berths for the upcoming Landmark Conference tournament, which begins on Wednesday, Febraury 25, with semifinal action at the site of the number one and two seeds.
Of the three teams tied for the top spot, the Royals are in prime position to clinch homecourt advantage. If Scranton wins its last three games, all of which will be played at the Long Center, the Royals will be the number one seed.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

NEPAFAN: So, what's your take? Do the Royals go 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3?
  I don't see 0-3 being realistic especially at the Long Center...however, the other 3 choices have some degree of merit. Should the Royals defeat Catholic tomorrow, I think their chances to run the table go up considerably.

TheGrove

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 13, 2009, 02:32:38 PM
Of the three teams tied for the top spot, the Royals are in prime position to clinch homecourt advantage. If Scranton wins its last three games, all of which will be played at the Long Center, the Royals will be the number one seed.

Go Catholic!  ;) (sorry, I want homecourt for SU, of course)

Do we have a full breakdown of the playoff scenarios, or just Scranton's? I know Susquehanna has a tough matchup tomorrow with USMMA, then Drew Sunday, and then they have to go to Juniata next weekend which is never easy.

NEPAFAN

I don't have the other Landmark scenarios, that was from a Scranton release. I was unaware that if they win out they clinch the 1 seed.

Saratoga:  I can see them losing to Catholic or Moravian next weekend...(2-1)..although I think they might be coming together at the right time as evident in the USMMA game. Does your friend still think never has so little been done with so much?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

NEPAFAN: Haven't discussed it lately but, I'm sure he does. He's a Bess fan through & through & is not sold in any way on the current leadership. Still feels Bess should have picked his time etc.etc. Not sure Coach Danzig ever really had a chance in their eyes.

NEPAFAN

Vince Lombardi

lefty2

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 13, 2009, 10:25:45 PM
Saratoga,

Check your PMs..

I don't think it's appropriate to be discussing anyone's pms.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

ronk

Quote from: TheGrove on February 13, 2009, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 13, 2009, 02:32:38 PM

Go Catholic!  ;) (sorry, I want homecourt for SU, of course)

Do we have a full breakdown of the playoff scenarios, or just Scranton's? I know Susquehanna has a tough matchup tomorrow with USMMA, then Drew Sunday, and then they have to go to Juniata next weekend which is never easy.

Today is the last of the matchups between playoff contenders(Sus/MMA & Scr/CUA), so head-head results will be known then. Right now, Scr wins vs. MMA, MMA potentially wins vs. Sus and CUA likewise vs. Scr with wins today. Then who you tie with will be affected by the final 2 games with the non-playoff teams.
    Scranton, currently with a loss to Moravian, has the fewest losses in games between playoff contenders and that is why they would have 1st seed winning out. It should be clearer after today.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: lefty2 on February 13, 2009, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 13, 2009, 10:25:45 PM
Saratoga,

Check your PMs..

I don't think it's appropriate to be discussing anyone's pms.

Ha....I think all the PMSing is going on over on the Women's Board...and no I am not making a joke.. ;D

Edit: So I don't get banned for life, I was refering to the Saratoga/Pat Coleman debate on Regional Rankings...
Vince Lombardi

Matt Letourneau

So what's the best way to follow tonight's Catholic-Scranton game on the web?

tpm4286

I believe Scranton has live radio via there website but I'm not to sure of it. I think they have live stats def. though

TheGrove

ronk

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 14, 2009, 03:09:45 PM
So what's the best way to follow tonight's Catholic-Scranton game on the web?
Matt,
    For audio, click on the A of CUA/Scr on D3hoops home page or go to scranton.edu and search for WUSR.
   Moravian is supposed to be doing video today and tomorrow,but I haven't been able to get past buffering today
   Lady Cards give Royals all sorts of trouble but fall in a close one.

TheGrove

Susquehanna ekes one out over Merchant Marine, 58-55. How'd Scranton-Catholic end? last I heard Scranton was up two with about four to play.

Matt Letourneau

Scranton won, don't know what happened.  Seemed like a tight game the whole time.