MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Letourneau

Oh, well I thought it was.  Its a little tough to tell when you're doing it.

BTW--I do think Scranton probably gets some calls up there, and it might be a little bit worse than some places (everybody gets calls at home, bu I've heard from other players and coaches that they think its a little worse up there than most places--and not just CUA people!).  But I have no foundation to really make that accusation, I was just stirring up the pot a little bit!

TheGrove

I'm so glad we've moved on from the POY fight to winking smilies.  ;)

tpm4286

;D Here's a smiley face thought for you guys. Catholic will have the worst end of the season downfall in the conference this year. Losing two games last weekend and they will lose to Goucher this weekend. dropping 3 straight going into the tourny isn't good Matt.

Matt Letourneau

First of all, I don't think they will lose to Goucher. 

They had a end of season road trip.  They are a young team under pressure. 

To be honest, even if they don't win a game this year, they exceeded my expectations.  Go back to the beginning of the year and look at what I wrote.  They were a 10 win team last year, and they lost several of their better young players like Wes Parker.  As of now, they've won 6 more games, and they are going to continue to get better. 

I always thought that next year is the year they will really make the leap, assuming they can keep the current roster together. 

NEPAFAN

You get Kings or Wilkes at the Long Center and maybe you'll get some more fannys in the seats. Hard to get students out on Valentine's Day night and a Sunday afternoon.

I would have like to see some more use of the bench versus Goucher, these kids are going to get tired during back to back games, especially in what was a tough contest against the Catholic Banzhaf's ( I mean Cardinals)!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

cold_case

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 17, 2009, 06:05:14 PM
You get Kings or Wilkes at the Long Center and maybe you'll get some more fannys in the seats. Hard to get students out on Valentine's Day night and a Sunday afternoon.
I would have like to see some more use of the bench versus Goucher, these kids are going to get tired during back to back games, especially in what was a tough contest against the Catholic Banzhaf's ( I mean Cardinals)!

When did Catholic change their name to the Cardinals? Hmmm.

tpm4286

Here is why the Goucher Gophers will come away with a win against Catholic this weekend to end the season on a good note against there bitter rivals....Catholic is a one man team, all Goucher will have to do is pay particular close attention to Banzhaf and not let him beat you. Let the other players who are not capable of winning a game as seen this weekend vs. Scranton attempt to beat you. Another reason why is because Goucher has had success over the past 2 years beating Catholic down there. My final reason is because Catholic is on a downward spiral and falling harder than the US economy, losing 2 this weekend and 1 this weekend will keep Catholic out of the race to make the NCAA. Sorry :o

NEPAFAN

Congrats to Ryan Fitzpatrick, MVP for Royals for the 2008-2009 season and roughly 30 points away from 1,000 for his career.

Catholic is getting pretty beat up on the board, all in jest I am sure!  ;D
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

tpm4286

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 19, 2009, 11:35:22 AM
Catholic is getting pretty beat up on the board, all in jest I am sure!  ;D

Catholic brought it on themselves with all that talk about Banzhaf being the POY and how they may make the Tourny. It's quite obvious to any nimrad that they are a one man team and if you shut (Banzhof) down you will win. Take note going into the playoffs head coaches or whoever will play them first round! It's an easy equation: shut banzhaf down = WIN

TheGrove

tpm4286

Yes, that easy. Guaranteed

NEPAFAN

Banzhaf or Banzhof? Nimrad of Nimrod?
Vince Lombardi

tpm4286

haha i was typing on my iPhone, screwed up on the spelling. Please forgive me.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Goucher-66        Catholic- 59

NEPAFAN

Dhoops.com on your IPHONE very impressive.

Goucher better win or you are going to hear it!
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: tpm4286 on February 20, 2009, 10:14:22 AM
haha i was typing on my iPhone, screwed up on the spelling. Please forgive me.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Goucher-66        Catholic- 59
For a minute there, I was affraid you were showing off that Goucher education!!!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.