Author Topic: Liberty League  (Read 551072 times)

Offline nyhoopstalk

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty League
« Reply #2685 on: April 15, 2020, 08:51:53 am »
Ithaca loses some firepower along with Mullins retiring, but I bet they'll be fine with Burton at the helm.  They won't miss too big of a beat.    Next year is going to be interesting.   RPI and Hobart should be top dog, and Union only loses one player.  I can't imagine Skidmore will be as poor as they were this year.   My alma mater did not have a great season but they were quite young and affected by injuries all year, including one who was supposed to be the starting center.   Doesn't hurt to have the last 2 LL rookies of the year in the starting squad next season.    I'd keep an eye out for Clarkson next year too.

I believe this infusion of youth will propel Ithaca to becoming a major player in the LL/East Region for years to come. Between the campus and facilities at Ithaca, there is plenty of reason for top D3 prospects to consider playing basketball for the Bombers. I believe recruiting took a bit of a step back the last couple of years there; maybe this will inject some life into their recruiting efforts.

Offline Greek Tragedy

• All-American
  • I'm my dad's mini-me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: April 15, 2020, 01:23:57 pm »
Ithaca is definitely a beautiful campus and located with some great scenery.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 26, 2020, 03:03:29 pm »
Nice to see some more local talent commit to SLU.    https://www.nny360.com/sports/highschoolsports/high-school-basketball-macaulay-brothers-commit-to-st-lawrence-university/article_fb363596-002a-505f-bceb-c154db0769f1.html    I was hoping Downs would try to recruit them but I thought they might get some lower end D1 offers or get snagged by Coach Bechtel at Potsdam.   One hallmark of any good SLU team in the past has usually been a local face or two on the roster.  Bardeschewski in '98, Sharlow, Shaver and Augliano in '07, J. Sharlow, G. Sharlow and Parham in '09 and '10 etc.

There's a pretty big haul of fresh faces coming into Canton next year.  Now at least 4 newcomers next year by my count, not including the minimum of 2 that were part of this season's recruiting. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:20:44 pm by stlawus »

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 08, 2021, 09:10:30 pm »
Some Liberty League action tomorrow night with Clarkson making the trip to Burkman Gymnasium.   I've had my guesses as to how many players SLU would have for this year and I was largely right.  There are only 8 players on the roster.   Several players that did not get much playing time last year which is what I thought would be the case.  2 starters from last year, with Hicks being the most notable roster inclusion.   He did a post grad year though so I can see why he wouldn't want to take a whole year off.  With the amount of recruits coming in next year there is going to be a pretty big roster next season.

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: April 26, 2021, 08:26:54 pm »
Sean Burton resigns from IC effective immediately, per The Ithacan. That seems less than great.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: April 26, 2021, 08:35:23 pm »
Sean Burton resigns from IC effective immediately, per The Ithacan. That seems less than great.

He never coached a game, right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: April 26, 2021, 09:39:43 pm »

He never coached a game, right?

unblemished in any way 0-0 career record

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 24, 2021, 08:00:34 pm »
IC's new head coach is Waleed Farid, head coach for the past 4 seasons (plus the 1-game 20-21 not-exactly-a-season) at Hartwick.

In my head he had won a lot of games there but looks like it was mostly his predecessor that did the winning. In fairness, almost nobody in any sport can win at Hartwick. Hopefully he can do a little more with a little bigger budget program.

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 29, 2021, 02:24:38 pm »
I totally missed it a few weeks ago, but looks like even SLU got in on the transfer portal action.   Niagara walk-on Will Engelhardt will suit up for the scarlet and brown this coming season, a great get by Downs.