Concordia Wisconsin 48 (1-0, 3-1)
Benedictine 40 (0-1, 0-4)

Rockford 20 (0-1, 1-3)
Wisconsin Lutheran 26 (OT) (1-0, 1-3)

Concordia Chicago 28 (0-1, 1-3)
Lakeland 61 (1-0, 1-3)

Aurora 28 (0-1, 0-4)
Eureka 31 (1-0, 4-0)

Now there can be no denying it - having topped one of the preseason favorites, the Red Devils are a serious threat to win their second different conference in as many years. That's certainly not to say other teams won't also try to get involved - CUW has quietly gotten off to a 3-1 start, and I was surprised that they beat Benedictine, and even a team like Aurora isn't necessarily out of it despite the early conference loss.

Lakeland finally figured out how to complete a pass - both with O'Neill, who easily looked the best he has all season, and even after turning to the freshman Broder due to injury - and that means the Muskies ought to be right in the mix as well. For CUC, Moise is every bit as good as advertised (between him and Reasnover, we have some quality backs in this conference!), but no RB can carry a team's entire offensive load by himself.
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

formerd3db

Yes, Ryan, I was going to ask the same thing. ;D Do others now think that Eureka is "the real deal" or is it still too early to assess that? ;) 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Ryan Stoppable

Week Six scores:

Lakeland 0 (1-1, 1-4)
Concordia Wisconsin 17 (2-0, 4-1)

Benedictine 27 (1-1, 1-4)
Rockford 20 (0-2, 1-4)

Aurora 35 (1-1, 1-4)
Concordia Chicago 30 (0-2, 1-4)

Wisconsin Lutheran 35 (1-1, 1-4)
Eureka 54 (2-0, 5-0)

A national nightmare has begun, as the Cheese Bowl will be staying in Mequon after the Falcons pick up their first win in the series since 2013. The CUW defense deserves plenty of credit, making a number of big plays in key areas of the field to deal Lakeland only its second shutout ever in NACC play.

Show me someone who before the season had Eureka and the Falcons as the only unbeatens after 2 weeks of conference play, and I'll show you a liar. :P So now the question is, will their meeting in Mequon on the 27th decide the conference title, or will there be some more curveballs to be had on the way?

NCAA Appearances

Gestekoe

Does anyone know the status of Lance Moise from CUC?  I heard he was carted off the field and couldn't feel anything.  Coming into today he was leading all D-III in rushing yards.

Hoping he's ok.

RFMichigan

Quote from: Gestekoe on October 06, 2018, 11:05:33 PM
Does anyone know the status of Lance Moise from CUC?  I heard he was carted off the field and couldn't feel anything.  Coming into today he was leading all D-III in rushing yards.

Hoping he's ok.
Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on October 06, 2018, 09:36:18 PM
Week Six scores:

Lakeland 0 (1-1, 1-4)

Rockford 20 (0-2, 1-4)

Aurora 35 (1-1, 1-4)

Eureka 54 (2-0, 5-0)

A national nightmare has begun, as the Cheese Bowl will be staying in Mequon after the Falcons pick up their first win in the series since 2013. The CUW defense deserves plenty of credit, making a number of big plays in key areas of the field to deal Lakeland only its second shutout ever in NACC play.

Show me someone who before the season had Eureka and the Falcons as the only unbeatens after 2 weeks of conference play, and I'll show you a liar. :P So now the question is, will their meeting in Mequon on the 27th decide the conference title, or will there be some more curveballs to be had on the way?

I think I'm a believer in CUW and I do think that their meeting with Eureka will most likely be for the conference championship but there seems to be a lot of parity based on the scores from yesterday.

Hadn't heard about Moise. Hope and pray things are okay with him.

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: RFMichigan on October 07, 2018, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: Gestekoe on October 06, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

Hoping he's ok.
Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on October 06, 2018, 09:36:18 PM
Week Six scores:

Lakeland 0 (1-1, 1-4)

Rockford 20 (0-2, 1-4)

Aurora 35 (1-1, 1-4)

Eureka 54 (2-0, 5-0)

I think I'm a believer in CUW and I do think that their meeting with Eureka will most likely be for the conference championship but there seems to be a lot of parity based on the scores from yesterday.

Hadn't heard about Moise. Hope and pray things are okay with him.

EC still has to play BU (Who I think is better than their record states) before their matchup with CUW. I think the Eagles can throw a big wrench (despite being ineligible for the title) into the title chase.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Ryan Stoppable

Week Seven scores:

Concordia Wisconsin 23 (3-0, 5-1)
Aurora 20 (1-2, 1-5)

Eureka 44 (3-0, 6-0)
Concordia Chicago 14 (0-3, 1-5)

Wisconsin Lutheran 31 (1-2, 1-5)
Benedictine 40 (2-1, 2-4)

Rockford 37 (1-2, 2-4)
Lakeland 20 (1-2, 1-5)

We don't yet know who will go to the playoffs from our conference, but we know who won't be - both Kickoff's choice as the NACC champion (Aurora) and the coaches' pick (Lakeland) picked up their second conference losses on Saturday. And the NACC has never had a champion with more than one loss in conference play.

NCAA Appearances

Captain_Joe08

Good job for Rockford for finally getting a nice win against Lakeland. I believe that is their first win against Lakeland ever (0-10 previously).
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on October 16, 2018, 12:32:34 PM
Good job for Rockford for finally getting a nice win against Lakeland. I believe that is their first win against Lakeland ever (0-10 previously).

On the podcast I referred to it as the biggest victory in the history of the Rockford program:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2018/10/15/around-the-nation-podcast-212-taking-down-the-big-dog/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Rhythm21

Late to the party, but I've been trying to watch the Rockford over Lakeland game on their Stretch Portal network all week. Thought there was a typo on the score updates last week. However, I keep getting an error that won't allow playback and have this sneaking suspicion that Lakeland deliberately corrupted the file  ;) Also, I'll be the first to admit that at the start of the season, I had Eureka finishing at 6-4/5-5. I have the feeling that the CUW and Eureka game will decide who gets the AQ, as every other team (Not named Benedictine) already has 2 conference losses to their names. Side Note: In the year of the RB in the NACC, Aaron Nixon is playing like a man possessed. Let me give you the first 4 players locked into the 2018 All-NACC 1st Team- QB Aaron Nixon (CUW); RB Lance Moise (CUC); RB LeAnthony Reasnover (Eureka); WR Josh Sanders (CUW).

Now for the really upsetting part (At least for me)... Aurora is 1-5 after being picked to finish near the top of the conference... and are below Rockford in the standings. This is maybe the first time since the NACC's inaugural 2008 season that I am seriously concerned about my Spartans going up against Rockford. I personally would like to see AU use that talented freshman from Louisiana a little bit more at QB (Halen Miller.) Up until now, he's been mostly relegated to a few Wildcat plays (Just 1 rush for 5 yards and a tuddy on the year) but it's pretty clear to me that Zimbleman is not turning that corner we talked about early in the season. With 5 losses on the season already, and 2 in conference play, I'd be surprised if Ponx doesn't get Miller a few extra series to see what he can do against Rockford. Let's be clear, Zimbleman is not the only person to blame for the 1-5 start. Those 1-score losses to Elmhurst, Eureka & CUW are heartbreaking and no single play or player is to blame. But it is in those tight situations where you need to be able to rely on your QB to lead the team down the field and win the game. Zimbleman just hasn't been able to accomplish that with the ball in his hands thus far this season (Mirabelli missing a couple late kicks hasn't helped.) Aurora seems to be lacking in urgency for some reason this year. Sorry for venting, it's just been hard to watch. Anyway, here's hoping AU can keep the streak against Rockford going this weekend and that Zimbleman can prove me wrong.
AU Black and Blue

ecreddevils

Eureka 50
Benedictine 20

Reasnover rushes for 282 and 5 tds.

Dominant performance by the Red Devils as they continue to earn the respect they deserve in the NACC.  Reasnover is a truly great back at the D-III level, does it every week when you know he's getting the ball.  This is a team clicking on all cylinders who will be very, very difficult to beat down the stretch.

Kurt Barth deserves national Coach of the Year honors.   He's taken a program that had 15 straight losing seasons before his arrival to a playoff appearance and now possible undefeated second playoff berth.

Great write-up at D3F.com if you haven't seen it:  http://www.d3football.com/columns/around-the-nation/index

Ryan Stoppable

Week Eight scores:

Benedictine 20 (2-2, 2-5)
Eureka 50 (4-0, 7-0)

Concordia Chicago 34 (0-4, 1-6)
Concordia Wisconsin 45 (4-0, 6-1)

Aurora 25 (2-2, 2-5)
Rockford 7 (1-3, 2-5)

Lakeland 38 (2-2, 2-5)
Wisconsin Lutheran 12 (1-3, 1-6)

The time is upon us. The game that will decide the NACC championship - but who would have thought it would be this one? Some new blood on top this year, with a Eureka team who has handled a change of conference far better than most expected, while CUW seemingly came out of nowhere to defy all preseason predictions. The winner will require just one more win in their final two games to lock up the NACC's playoff berth. Can the Red Devils keep rolling towards a second undefeated regular season in their long program history, or will the Falcons find a way one more time?

As for the NACC's "old guard," it looks like they'll be left to dispute third place. Lakeland did their part in that fight by overwhelming WLC on the ground as Rivers, Eddie and Nunnery all hit the 100 yard mark. Though LU, AU, and BU all have to play each other yet, so there's plenty to be decided there as well.

NCAA Appearances

Rhythm21

Hypothetically, if Eureka wins and then beats Lakeland and Rockford, I could see them getting matched up with the AQ from the CCIW, which is still up for grabs (Ill Wesleyan at the top.) If CUW wins out, it's more than likely going to be a cold journey to Whitewater. I'm jumping on the Eureka bandwagon. I don't know much about the Red Devils, aside from that Reasnover is the truth. Do they have the size on the offensive and defensive lines to hang with a CCIW team? And their secondary looks like it has the length to compete with Healy and IWU's WR core, but their LB measurements seem a bit undersized (though that hasn't seemed to hinder them at all this year.) Either way, excited to see how they handle Nixon, Sanders & Tennette this Saturday. Should be a great game.
AU Black and Blue

ecreddevils

Quote from: Rhythm21 on October 24, 2018, 01:09:47 AM
Hypothetically, if Eureka wins and then beats Lakeland and Rockford, I could see them getting matched up with the AQ from the CCIW, which is still up for grabs (Ill Wesleyan at the top.) If CUW wins out, it's more than likely going to be a cold journey to Whitewater. I'm jumping on the Eureka bandwagon. I don't know much about the Red Devils, aside from that Reasnover is the truth. Do they have the size on the offensive and defensive lines to hang with a CCIW team? And their secondary looks like it has the length to compete with Healy and IWU's WR core, but their LB measurements seem a bit undersized (though that hasn't seemed to hinder them at all this year.) Either way, excited to see how they handle Nixon, Sanders & Tennette this Saturday. Should be a great game.

I predict the EC offense will steamroll a CUW team that gave up 34 to CUC last week.  They will not shut down Reasnover.

Now, it will be interesting to see where EC gets paired when (ok, if) they go 10-0.

My opinion as a fan is that they should get a CCIW matchup and not get sent to one of the U-Dubs or Saints.  If EC gets IWU (this is a 35 minute road trip and game that makes a ton of sense if you want a huge crowd) we will have a ballgame.  I could also see North Central as a possibility.  Strength of schedule (235 out of 238) and conference reputation does not help, but 10-0 is 10-0.  This is an EC team that showed well at St. Thomas last year and deserves to test their mettle against a geographically proximate foe out of the CCIW. 

Pat Coleman

I could totally get on board with Eureka as a 7 or a 6 seed depending on who else is in the bracket.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.