MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightSlappy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gregory Sager

Owen's a western Michigan native who prepped at Holland High. He might've wanted to make a statement in front of all of his friends and family in the gym.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

sac

Quote from: goodknight on November 29, 2018, 10:11:16 AM
Quote from: KnightSlappy on November 29, 2018, 09:42:16 AM
It appears that Owen Handy's two technical fouls last night were his first two of the season. The venerable John Creek wasn't having any of it last night.
You can scarcely blame Owen for not wanting to watch his struggling Ravens last night. Not sure, but I think I might have heard him spit out "NEVERMORE" as he departed the VNA court for the solitude of the locker room.

high quality for a lurker  :)

goodknight

Quote from: sac on November 29, 2018, 02:18:33 PM
It appears that Owen Handy's two technical fouls last night were his first two of the season. The venerable John Creek wasn't having any of it last night.
You can scarcely blame Owen for not wanting to watch his struggling Ravens last night. Not sure, but I think I might have heard him spit out "NEVERMORE" as he departed the VNA court for the solitude of the locker room.

I prefer to spell it "Luurker."

goodknight

Quote from: sac on November 29, 2018, 02:18:33 PM

Just short of Poetic? (I'll stop now before Sagar smacks me and oldknight taunts me!)

sac

sac

Benedictine 69  Kalamazoo 62

Hornets will feel like they maybe should have won this one, so many missed opportunities.  After a promising 2-0 start Kzoo has dropped 6 in a row.   Probably not favorites in the next two either.

maroonandgold

What?  No write-up on Hope's win over Grace last night?  It appears Grace shot well in the first half, but they could not keep up Hope on the boards and avoiding turnovers.  How would those who went to the game evaluate Hope's performance?  I notice that Teddy Ray had an outstanding game, and that has to be encouraging.

For those of us who wanted to watch on the computer, what do we have to do when it says "restricted" to be able to see the game?  I run into that with about half the league games, and I imagine the solution in simple.  But I don't know how to address that.

HupHolland

Quote from: maroonandgold on December 05, 2018, 09:45:29 AM
What?  No write-up on Hope's win over Grace last night?  It appears Grace shot well in the first half, but they could not keep up Hope on the boards and avoiding turnovers.  How would those who went to the game evaluate Hope's performance?  I notice that Teddy Ray had an outstanding game, and that has to be encouraging.

For those of us who wanted to watch on the computer, what do we have to do when it says "restricted" to be able to see the game?  I run into that with about half the league games, and I imagine the solution in simple.  But I don't know how to address that.

To address the "Restricted Video" situation...
Go to YouTube, click on the profile icon, go to settings, then turn off Restricted Mode

maroonandgold

Quote from: HupHolland on December 05, 2018, 10:59:00 AM

To address the "Restricted Video" situation...
Go to YouTube, click on the profile icon, go to settings, then turn off Restricted Mode

Thanks!  I knew it had to be fairly simple, but I didn't know what it was.

KnightSlappy

I think Grace is fairly good this year. I just saw them the once in the early going against Calvin, but I've followed their schedule a bit which has featured opponents who are either very good or very bad. Unfortunately they've lost to most of the very goods: Calvin, Hope, Grand Valley, Spring Arbor, and Indiana Wesleyan. They do have wins over Shawnee State, who appears to be a middling NAIA-I team, and Siena Heights. Most of their wins against their traditional NCCAA competition have been dominating and really only the Indiana Wesleyan loss was by a particularly large margin.

pointlem

How would those who went to the game evaluate Hope's performance? 
Takeaways: 
1) Jason Beckman's new look (short haircut) didn't hurt his game.  :)
2) The three starting guards combined for 70 of Hope's 89 points.

maroonandgold

I just read the new policy of 6 team playoffs.  It appears to be a good idea to me, and I also like the way it is set up, giving the top teams a bye for the first round.

Flying Dutch Fan

I agree about liking the 6 team tournament - I'm especially excited about the semis and finals all being in one location. Watching back to back semi final games on a Friday evening has always been one of my favorite times during the season. Great atmosphere for fans and players alike.
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

KnightSlappy

I still prefer the full tournament -- I'd like to see that as a requirement for the AQ for all conferences (knowing that would never happen) -- but this is at least a step in the right direction for the MIAA.

sac

I don't think the 4 team tournament format was very popular around the league (soccer, baseball, softball also had them)  6 seems like a nice compromise.