FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3MAFAN

RAMS defense was amazing last week. They played very well on both sides of the ball getting stops and making great plays to stop an amazing QB and high powered offense. I continued to be impressed with what the coaching staff has been able to do offensively with the run game and limiting sacks (don't recall a sack given up). Having the ability to run the ball will only continue to help the passing game improve and as long as the RAMS can do both, they are going to be tough to stop as the RAMS enter conference play. Coaches have the players going in the right direction.

D3MAFAN

Excited for the big game tomorrow. Would have been nice if both teams were 2-0, which is what I wanted. However, one team has to continue playing at a high level and the other has to learn how to finish. I know BSU will be very excited to try to knock off one off the top teams in the North East to get back on track in front of their home crowd. I think the RAMS have to play poised, being that this is a big night for BSU as they try to redeem themselves in front of their home crowd. I think RAMS will have to be well balance and have to get the passing game going, BSU has been pretty good against the run. If the RAMS can get to a 65 run 35 pass ratio and get out early they should be good. Good luck to both teams and safe travels.

TeddyWestside1642

TeddyWestside's Week 3 Predictions,

After going 7-0 last week lets see if I can keep this undefeated streak of picks going...

Framingham State vs. Bridgewater State-  For the past couple of years this has been the conference championship game, I'm bummed they're playing so early in the season Conference Opener! My pick for this game is FRAMINGHAM STATE.

Fitchburg State vs. Worcester State-  This could be an exciting high scoring game both teams can put up some good numbers. The team whose defense shows up wins this game! My pick for this game is FITCHBURG STATE.

Mass Maritime vs. Maine Maritime-  The 45th Annual Admiral's Cup look for Mass Maritime to jump out early and hold on. My pick for this game is MASS MARITIME.

Plymouth State vs Western Connecticut-  This game has all the makings of the MASCAC game of the week! 2 very strong teams who have a shot at competing for the conference title. Both these teams have been very strong as of late. Plymouth has been on a roll and its been fun to watch! My pick for this game is PLYMOUTH STATE.

Westfield State vs. Umass Dartmouth-  I see UMD using this game as a way to jump start their season and work out any problems they have. My pick for this game is UMASS DARTMOUTH.

Good luck to all the teams playing in the first week of Conference play!

D3MAFAN

I didn't post yesterday or Friday night. However, I was impressed with the Defense, they bent, but did not break and made timely turnovers when the team needed it. Bridgewater State could easily be undefeated. I think the RAMS will only improve from this game, they needed this scare to allow them to play through the adversity. The atmosphere was great, I was on the edge of my seat until the final seconds. 

Zlax45

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Zlax45 on September 18, 2017, 10:46:41 AM
Forgot to post this the other week...Some photos from the Worcester State and Becker game from September 8th.

https://foleyphotography.smugmug.com/Football/College-Football/2017-Season/Becker-at-Worcester-State

Always loved the on the field photos. Thanks for the post.

TeddyWestside1642

TeddyWestside's week 4 predictions

10-2 overall so far...

Mass maritime vs. Framingham state- Framingham held on to their victory over BSU last week and have proved to be the team to beat in the MASCAC. My pick for this game is FRAMINGHAM STATE.

Umass Dartmouth vs. Plymouth state-
UMD pulled together a nice win last week can they keep it going vs a very solid Plymouth team or will Plymouth bounce back after a tough loss? My pick for this game is PLYMOUTH STATE.

Worcester state vs. Westfield state-
Worcester's offense seems to be firing on all cylinders averaging 35 points per game. I see another high scoring game for Worcester. My pick for this game is WORCESTER STATE.

Bridgewater state vs. Fitchburg state-
BSU could easily be 3-0 but some unlucky breaks and the amount of turnovers makes it hard to pick up some wins. I can't see Bridgewater going 0-4 I cant even remember the last time they went 0-3. My pick for this game is BRIDGEWATER STATE.

Salve Regina vs. Western Connecticut state-
It's early in the season but WCSU looks like they can challenge Framingham for the mascac title. Good thing about this game is that it's a non league match up that won't affect their league standings. My pick for this game is WESTERN CONNECTICUT.

Who do you guys got this week?

Good luck to all the teams playing this week!

D3MAFAN

Not much to say about the RAMS this past week except that we dominated on the ground and defensively. We passed efficiently, which is always good. We will need to continue to improve in the passing game to continue to beat tougher teams in conference and region come playoff time. Now on to the bye-week, which is always good. Having two weeks to prepare for a sneaky good Fitchburg State team that just beat a good Bridgwater State (Could be undefeated) team is going to do wonders.

TeddyWestside1642

TeddyWestside's Early Season Power Rankings

Still very early in the season but this is what I think through the first couple weeks...

1) Framingham State - Looks like the team to beat right now, but still have a couple of tests coming up...

2) Western Connecticut State - 2 impressive wins over Salve and Plymouth has them at #2 for me, interested to see how they finish...

3) Plymouth State - Tough loss to West Conn, other than that this is a very dangerous team that will cause problems for teams...

4) Worcester State - Worcester's offense is on fire right now lets see if it will keep up all season...

5) Fitchburg State - Big win vs Bridgewater after opening conference play with a loss. Tough opponent for anyone that has them still...

6) Umass Dartmouth - Early, all I've seen is a loss to Plymouth and win vs Westfield still a lot of season to climb the power rankings...

7) Bridgewater State - Never could've predicted the MASCAC Champs starting the season 0-4. Very disappointing start to the season...

8) Mass Maritime - Only one game into MASCAC play haven't seen much to put MMA any higher, time will tell...

9) Westfield State - Some big losses so far I don't know how many Westfield can pull off this year...

What do you guys think?

MASCACAlum

Have to agree with a lot here

Framingham keeps reloading every year sign of a great program.

West Conn is this the year????

Plymouth old school tough football hard to root against them

Bridgewater yes there 0fer but prob played the hardest schedule so far

Fitchburg great win over the bears

Worcester.....not really sure if your a true contender or pretender yet

UMD studs across the field lines struggling a little but should be better

Mass Maritime used it be high powered but now more of a tug boat what happened???

Westfield young team fighting and playing hard should put it together soon

The_MASCACman

MASCAC Mans Power Rankings through week 4

1. Framingham- The only way they don't go undefeated is if somehow West Conn or Plymouth can find a way to slow down their high powered rushing attack and force them to pass. Also the return of starting QB Wojenski will play a huge role in determining the outcome of their season

2. West Conn- Right now West Conn's QB Quinn Fleeting is on fire and an early season contender for MASCAC MVP, the only thing that worries me is West Conn's ability to stop teams, if they can slow down Framingham they may have a shot at their first MASCAC title

3. Plymouth State- Plymouth is a solid, hard nosed team on both sides of the ball. Look for them to continue to improve and be a challenge for every team that they step on the field against each week

4. Worcester State- Off to a very strong start with wins against Fitchburg and Westfield, high powered offense and one of the big surprises so far in the MASCAC. I have a feeling they will level off towards the bottom half as they start to play a tougher schedule but as of right now they have earned this spot.

5. Fitchburg State- They knocked off the reigning MASCAC champs last week and have done a good job putting up points all season. Look for them to be a threat to upset someone each week, but at the same time have the ability to lay an egg. I think they will finish middle of the pack due to inconsistency and youth.

6. Bridgewater State- They are better than their record shows, but not as good as people predicted them to be. They have lost the four games by a total of 10 points but have issues on both sides of the ball, look for this year to be a rebuilding year for BSU, I predict 5-5 at best.

7. UMD- Inconsistent on the offensive side of the ball, but extremely physical on defense. They will fly around and have the ability to upset teams only if their offense can put something together, they are young on that side of the ball.

8. Mass Maritime- Struggled heavily against Framingham in the Kelley Cup, but have shown more ability to score than Westfield so far this year.

9. Westfield- will struggle to win a game this year, they seem to be the bottom feeder of the MASCAC for 2017

Would love to see some predictions for this weeks MASCAC Games!

The_MASCACman

Week 5 Predictions

BSU vs. Westfield- BSU gets their first win in dominating fashion on Swenson field (27-7)

Plymouth State vs. Worcester State- Plymouth State continues to roll and slows down Worcesters high powered passing attack enough to seal a W (35-20)

Fitchburg State vs. Mass Maritime- Fitchburg continues to improve on both sides of the ball, Mass will fight early but Fitchburg pulls away (31-21)

West Conn vs. UMD- West Conn's Offense will be too much for UMD to handle (35-14)

Seems to be a pretty straight forward week, does anyone predict any upsets?
I could possibly see UMD upsetting West Conn if they find a way to score some points and come up with a strong defense gameplan to confuse Fleeting, but thats not likely.

TeddyWestside1642

TeddyWestside's Week 5 predictions

14-3 overall so far...

Westfield State vs. Bridgewater State-  I know I said last week there was no way I could see BSU go 0-4...I was wrong but I'll say it again there is no way BSU will go 0-5. My pick for this game is BRIDGEWATER STATE.

Plymouth State vs. Worcester State- Worcester has caught fire as of late but Plymouth is a different beast their hard nosed football will slow down Worcester's attack. My pick for this game is PLYMOUTH STATE. (MASCACMAN this game could possibly be one of the upsets this week...)

Fitchburg State vs. Mass Maritime- After last weeks win vs BSU I see Fitchburg keeping it rolling vs. MMA. My pick for this game is FITCHBURG STATE.

Western Connecticut vs. Umass Dartmouth- West Conn's play is too good right now and they're firing on all cylinders. I think it'll be a physical game with only one outcome. My pick for this game is WEST CONN.

Anyone have any other predictions??

D3MAFAN

Quote from: TeddyWestside1642 on September 26, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

14-3 overall so far...

Westfield State vs. Bridgewater State-  I know I said last week there was no way I could see BSU go 0-4...I was wrong but I'll say it again there is no way BSU will go 0-5. My pick for this game is BRIDGEWATER STATE.

Plymouth State vs. Worcester State- Worcester has caught fire as of late but Plymouth is a different beast their hard nosed football will slow down Worcester's attack. My pick for this game is PLYMOUTH STATE. (MASCACMAN this game could possibly be one of the upsets this week...)

Fitchburg State vs. Mass Maritime- After last weeks win vs BSU I see Fitchburg keeping it rolling vs. MMA. My pick for this game is FITCHBURG STATE.

Western Connecticut vs. Umass Dartmouth- West Conn's play is too good right now and they're firing on all cylinders. I think it'll be a physical game with only one outcome. My pick for this game is WEST CONN.

At this point, I won't say I feel bad for them. However, it can be somewhat detrimental to the Senior who had high expectations and sometimes the when it rains it pours and you can either fight for an above .500 or look towards next season and get the young guys experience.

The_MASCACman

Quote from: D3MAFAN on September 26, 2017, 11:02:22 AM
Quote from: TeddyWestside1642 on September 26, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

14-3 overall so far...

At this point, I won't say I feel bad for them. However, it can be somewhat detrimental to the Senior who had high expectations and sometimes the when it rains it pours and you can either fight for an above .500 or look towards next season and get the young guys experience.

I think BSU's Running back Duo of Senior's Alex McLaughlin and Malik Garrett will carry them to a victory this weekend. They are two of the best skilled players in the conference and can win them a few more games this year, although I do think they will struggle against West Conn and Plymouth if the youth of the team doesn't grow up fast. BSU is a big crossroads right now in their season, we will see if they have the will to fight or if they begin looking towards next year.