D-3 Players in the Pros

Started by Knightstalker, August 18, 2005, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

Joe Callahan was released by the Packers yesterday and immediately signed by New Orleans.  They released a lineman to make room for him.   The Packers had hoped to put him on the practice squad to make room for some IR guys, but he got plucked instead.   He definitely impressed people this preseason.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

02 Warhawk

Bears suspend Jerrell Freeman 4 games for PEDs.

This is a Bears season that can't get over soon enough.

Mugsy

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 21, 2016, 03:15:59 PM
Bears suspend Jerrell Freeman 4 games for PEDs.

This is a Bears season that can't get over soon enough.

PED's are required for any Bears fan to make it through watching the rest of this season.  I can't take anymore.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

badgerwarhawk

It isn't any better north of Chicago either
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Mugsy

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on November 22, 2016, 09:48:12 AM

True, but you won't get any sympathy from Chicago.  You're having a bad stretch to one year.  We have years of futility and an organization that seems in complete disarray. 
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Mugsy on November 22, 2016, 10:21:22 AM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on November 22, 2016, 09:48:12 AM

True, but you won't get any sympathy from Chicago anyone.  You're having a bad stretch to one year.  We have years of futility and an organization that seems in complete disarray.

FTFY
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bartman

Ali Marpet is having a great year with the Bucs.....he is on the path to a pro bowl level if he stays healthy according to sources at the Giants who have him on the radar screen when his contract is up, comparing him to recently retired OG Snee
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Teamski

VERY belated, but Wesley's Joe Callahan was added back to the Packers active roster on December 17th, 2016.  This was after being signed by New Orleans, Cleveland and landing on the Packers practice Squad.  As of January 16th, 2017, he is still on the roster!  Yay!

-Ski

FCGrizzliesGrad

Not exactly D3 players... but the Colts have announced they won't be holding training camp at Anderson University. Possible new locations include DePauw or the Colts practice facility.
Since the Colts moved to Indy they've had training camp at a D3 school every year... starting with Anderson from 84-98, then to Rose Hulman 1999-2009, then back to Anderson since.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Bartman

Ali Marpet, Hobart Statesman and Tampa Bay Buc, is scheduled to switch to Center and many have predicted he will eventually be Pro Bowl material:

www.espn.com/.../bucs-ali-marpet-admits-switching-to-center-is-a-big-mental-test
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

retagent

Not a post you might suspect here, but.....

Jerrell Freeman performed the Heimlich maneuver on a man who was choking in an Austin, TX Airport restaurant. A woman had attempted, unsuccessfully, when Freeman took over and dislodged the offending blockage.

Teamski

Just to note, Wesley's Joe Callahan of Green Bay played in the third quarter in the first Packer preseason game vs the Eagles and was 10-16/103.  Not too shabby considering that the yardage was better than the first back-up Hundley who played the entire first half.  Here's hoping he continues to impress!

Here is an article on him that was just posted.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Joe-Callahan-back-in-his-comfort-zone-with-Packers/a5cc491f-d570-4286-af61-85076f6c47f3

-Ski

p.s. I just got tickets for the Packers-Redskins game this Saturday.  It will be really weird to see Joe in a Packers uniform in person rather than wearing the Wesley blue.  As a Packer stock owner, this is a real treat!

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Teamski on August 15, 2017, 01:27:35 PM
Just to note, Wesley's Joe Callahan of Green Bay played in the third quarter in the first Packer preseason game vs the Eagles and was 10-16/103.  Not too shabby considering that the yardage was better than the first back-up Hundley who played the entire first half.  Here's hoping he continues to impress!

Here is an article on him that was just posted.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Joe-Callahan-back-in-his-comfort-zone-with-Packers/a5cc491f-d570-4286-af61-85076f6c47f3

-Ski

p.s. I just got tickets for the Packers-Redskins game this Saturday.  It will be really weird to see Joe in a Packers uniform in person rather than wearing the Wesley blue.  As a Packer stock owner, this is a real treat!

::)

albatross

Hendrix is representing very well in professional leagues abroad. Little All-American and Gagliardi finalist RB Dayton Winn has the Copenhagen Towers poised to claim a top seed in the Danish league playoffs coming in a couple weeks. With an 8-3 record, the Towers are 5-0 since Winn joined them after graduating in May. His statistics are off the charts...

QB Seth Peters has led the Kuopio Steelers to the #1 Seed in his respective Finnish league, and they are dominating the competition with a 7-1 record and blowout scores. They have a good shot to win the whole conference and will likely get promoted to the top division next season (think European soccer system of promotion and relegation).

Max Cassidy has anchored the o-line for the Marburg Mercenaries, who have claimed the #3 seed for the upcoming playoffs in the top German league. If they perform well they could be on their way to the Euro Playoffs, which pulls top teams from all leagues to play for the continental title...

Hawks88

Jeremy Vujnovich of Louisiana College starting at OG for the Colts. I wasn't really paying attention and thought I heard Louisiana College during the intros. He was a senior on the 2012 LC roster. Looks like he spent a couple of years on the Packers' practice squad before going to the Colts last year.