FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Congratulations Brett Kasper for a well-deserved award.
Congrats also to the runner up, Nick Holcomb from UWL.

The WIAC is fortunate to have you both.

edward de vere

Quote from: UWO Titan 78 on December 13, 2017, 02:01:32 PM
If we can find a good QB (and I have faith in the recruiting capabilities of this staff)

Hey, you never know when Danny Jones will walk through your door.

02 Warhawk

Well deserved for Kasper.

Not exactly sad to see him go though.  :P

emma17

I enjoyed the D3 Thursday podcast. They had an interview with coach Pat Cerroni. He hasn't watched film of the Mt game yet, but said something to the effect that "he knows what happened, we screwed up. Team effort loss- coaches basically."

I have a deep appreciation for coaches that are willing to publicly accept responsibility. I guess it gives me comfort that if they are willing to publicly acknowledge their mistakes, they are likely to work to fix their mistakes.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: emma17 on December 14, 2017, 02:20:56 PM
I have a deep appreciation for coaches that are willing to publicly accept responsibility. I guess it gives me comfort that if they are willing to publicly acknowledge their mistakes, they are likely to work to fix their mistakes.

I think I'm able to read between the lines here, emma.

;)

badgerwarhawk

I enjoyed the D3 Thursday podcast. They had an interview with coach Pat Cerroni. He hasn't watched film of the Mt game yet, but said something to the effect that "he knows what happened, we screwed up. Team effort loss- coaches basically."

Do you expect him to call a news conference and make a public statement?   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Veracity

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 14, 2017, 02:32:13 PM

;)
Double that

HScoach

I listened to the podcast and came away impressed by Cerroni's comments. 
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on December 14, 2017, 02:39:24 PM

Do you expect him to call a news conference and make a public statement?

I'm not sure who your "him" is.

That said, every coach with a media outlet, including QB Clubs, podcasts and newspaper coverage, have an opportunity to be open an honest about their own performance. Some coaches, without provocation, offer it up themselves as Coach Cerroni did. One issue of course is they aren't often asked challenging or follow up questions. Maybe it's because they are D3 and as such, not supposed to be scrutinized.

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 14, 2017, 02:32:13 PM

;)

I saw what you did here.   ;D  Emma grinds even when he says he isn't grinding.  That's why is he who he is. 

cubs

Quote from: HScoach on December 14, 2017, 03:18:22 PM
I listened to the podcast and came away impressed by Cerroni's comments.
Cerroni is about as good as they come, and I'm not even taking his coaching into consideration....  He has built UWO into a National program behind a strong set of values that seem to have been passed along to many of his players.

While some of the things Cerroni was said in the past have been sure to "ruffle feathers," I like that in today's PC world he is still willing to speak his mind.  It may not always be prudent, but it's usually from the heart.

Cerroni took over a program that was for lack of a better term, the laughing stock of the WSUC/WIAC.  UWO had exactly ONE winning conference record in the previous 30 years before Cerroni was named Head Coach.  All he has done is lead UWO to a winning conference record in eight out of his eleven years at the helm, including each of the last seven years. 

I am a fan of Cerroni the coach, but an even bigger fan of Cerroni the person!!!
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

bleedpurple

I have a deep appreciation for coaches that are willing to publicly accept responsibility. I guess it gives me comfort that if they are willing to publicly acknowledge their mistakes, they are likely to work to fix their mistakes

Gives you comfort. LOL.  Tears haven't dried up yet, huh?  Maybe you should ask for a Sunlight Therapy Lamp for Christmas to get you through the winter.

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on December 15, 2017, 01:00:06 AM

I have a deep appreciation for coaches that are willing to publicly accept responsibility. I guess it gives me comfort that if they are willing to publicly acknowledge their mistakes, they are likely to work to fix their mistakes

Gives you comfort. LOL.  Tears haven't dried up yet, huh? Maybe you should ask for a Sunlight Therapy Lamp for Christmas to get you through the winter.

Even if the tears have dried up, they will be moistened again today as my Stagg pre-game festivities will include a re-watch of UWO vs. Mt.

Maybe tonight we will find out if defense wins championships, it sure didn't win semi-finals for UWO or Mt.

emma17

Well, I reckon it's about time to head over to Salem stadium, oh wait a minute, never mind. 

HScoach

Hard to imagine the same defense that game up 30+ to Frostburg and 40 to UWO was the same one we watched ton8ght.  Very odd season.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.