FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 13, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: wm4 on December 13, 2017, 05:49:45 PM
Sorry if already mentioned, but I came across this article on the Kent State head coaching search (which has been a very strange one, btw). 

<<There has been some chatter about Mount Union head coach Vince Kehres being a candidate once his season is complete. The Purple Raiders will play for their 13th national championship against Mary Hardin-Baylor on Friday night. At this time we're told there has not been contact (which is surprising given the number of coaches who have been contacted) but we also hear that Kehres would listen if contacted after the season.>>

Full article on the search here

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-kent-state/

Beat you by one minute. 😉

Yikes the fact it said "he would listen" is a bit worrying to me.

Dr. Acula

So Kent shopped the job last year, got no takers and brought Haynes back.  Then fired Haynes and have (so far) been turned down by at least 15 coaches this year too?  Good grief that has to be the worst FBS job. 

wm4

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Raider 68 on December 13, 2017, 01:09:42 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 13, 2017, 12:57:29 PM

Small point. I'm sure I'll get jumped on for this but I don't really care.
I know the players decide on what uniforms to wear. However; our colors are purple and white. Why wear the black on black combination? I see 3 great choices: all purple, purple jerseys or purple pants. Apparently UMHB is wearing their home yellow jerseys so Mount has considerably choices.
Let!s emphasize the purple. Spare me that the all black is more intimidating. We're playing UMHB, not Wilmington. They won't care what we wear.
The Mount Union games are played amidst a sea of purple in the stands: purple hats, purple coats, purple blankets, even purple seat cushions. Would love to have seen the players display the color for which we are most often identified.
If you think otherwise, that's fine. But that's my opinion!
Go get 'em Raiders!

MUC57.

The White Jerseys with purple pants they wore against UWO are a great look and my favorite away uniform! :)

I'm still confused as to why Mount has to wear dark colors since UMHB is wearing their Home yellow and white look. Mount wore white on purple in the semi finals against that look and everyone was able to discern the teams just fine.

Also if your teams home jerseys don't contrast well enough with white, maybe you should rethink that color scheme

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

I'm pretty confident that UMU wasn't "Forced" to wear dark.  I suspect they requested to wear the black/black.  They haven't revealed which helmets they are wearing, but I would bet they wear the Flat Black Schutt helmets with Chrome Facemasks.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 13, 2017, 06:33:16 PM
I'm pretty confident that UMU wasn't "Forced" to wear dark.  I suspect they requested to wear the black/black.  They haven't revealed which helmets they are wearing, but I would bet they wear the Flat Black Schutt helmets with Chrime Facemasks.

I think you're right, I asked zupanic about it on twitterr and it did sound like Mount asked to wear dark colors.

The Matte black helmets would be cool

purple

I , for one, hope Vince gets offered the job. In one swoop he can retire his mortgage, provide for his children's education and secure his retirement. Not many have a chance to do all that with one signature. In a world where muscle reigns and the only real insurance is cash, he should try for it.

MUC57

I think I'm sorry I talked about the Raiders uniform selection for the Stagg Bowl. At least it generated some discussion. Bottom line, who really cares? Just win the game.
End the last Stagg Bowl in Salem as you ended the first in Salem.
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

formerd3db

Quote from: Dr. Acula on December 13, 2017, 06:09:01 PM
So Kent shopped the job last year, got no takers and brought Haynes back.  Then fired Haynes and have (so far) been turned down by at least 15 coaches this year too?  Good grief that has to be the worst FBS job.

Actually, Dr. Acula, Eastern Michigan has had the tabs on that claim first for quite some time, although is probably at least a co-pick with Kent for that now. ;)  No jab intended at Coach Creighton, who, despite this year's record, has done a great job there, however, the "jury" is still out.  You should check with/consult Mr. Ypsi on this! :)

Anyway, I agree with everyone here that Coach VK will keep his concentration on this week's Stagg Bowl quest before considering any potential inquiry/contact with/from the Kent administration.

Looking forward to a good Stagg Bowl game this Friday, although also tonight's trophy presentation there for sure.   
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Ralph Turner

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 12, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 12, 2017, 10:15:46 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 12, 2017, 08:42:12 PM
Speaking of Twitter I'm really irritated that the UMHB account is using the hashtag #2pete. Are you kidding me? Are they unaware that people only use the term "threepete" because it rhymes with the term for winning back to back which is REPEAT. 2Pete is just silly.

This is quite funny.

Didn't realize your coach was a Pete. Makes sense now and is actually quite clever.
+1, friend! :)

Ralph Turner

Mr Mom, prayers are with you.  There are not too many types of cuisine that can be given thru an IV...   (Shucks)

May the Peace that passes all understanding keep and fill your heart, now and forevermore.

Ralph Turner

I really don't care what color scheme a team wears.  Black is not intimidating. It actually is slimming.  Lighter colors make a person look bigger. That is the reason that Tom Landry wore white at home in the 1960's and 1970's altho' the supposed "reason" was to show the visitor's home colors.

All I want is for there to be the brightest contrast possible to see the numerals on the jersey!

I like the UMHB's yellow-gold jersey.

I like HSU's LSU white-gold-purple unis.

For an evening game, I think that white jerseys would be easiest for fans and TV cameras to see.

mr_mom

Thanks for all the prayers and wishes for my daughter, Amanda (Panda).  [Given that my wife is going through this process with her, I guess a few prayers her way didn't hurt either.  ;)]   They'll be home on Saturday, so dog and I will have to cheer on the Raiders without them.

Don't forget to get your selections in before the game starts Friday night.
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

loveofthegame

Congrats to Onu's Christiaan Williams on getting on AFCA all
American. He' s a great RB and can't wait to see what he brings next year!. Good luck to Mount , Bring it all back to the OAC

raiderpa

Congrats to Brett Kaspar on the Gagliardi Award.  This is as deserving a recipient as ever.
His leadership is obvious, talent unmistakable, and by donating bone marrow for a young lady which has helped her fight against cancer he has shown himself to be of the finest character,
Mount Union salutes Brett, his family, and his service to man.