MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

6'4" Menomonee Falls G/F, Nate Schuster, will play basketball at Whitewater next season.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on April 21, 2018, 08:49:00 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 20, 2018, 07:12:35 PM
Quote from: stoutguy on April 20, 2018, 06:00:05 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 17, 2018, 09:46:48 AM
Quote from: tomt4525 on April 14, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
https://hoopdirt.com/diii-dirt-wisconsin-stout-hire-dii-assistant-new-head-coach/

Stout makes their head coaching choice.

I've been checking Stout's website periodically and still haven't seen anything from their end. That's too bad, I was hoping The System would come into town.

It's Lake but they are still doing a background check.

How would you have felt if it was DeGeorge and he implemented The System at Stout?

It'd be perfect for a school that's struggled recently in a tough league.  At least it's something different.  I'm not even sure the other schools would mind a higher tempo opponent to keep them ready for post-season.

My initial thought is that no coach (in the WIAC?) has that mentality. I could be completely wrong though. It wouldn't be the 1st time.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Incoming Recruits as of now...

Eau Claire

Luke Reader 6'1"  Bangor   Ranked 49th in the Wissports Senior Rankings
Jack Kron  6'0"  Eau Claire North
Dawson Wodsadelek  6'5"  North Fond Du Lac
Spencer Page  6'4"  Rice Lake

La Crosse

Luke Haese  6'5"  Wrightstown
Craig Steele  6'4"  Portage
Josh Dahlke  6'8"  Tomah   Ranked 45th in the Wissports Senior Rankings
Ethan Anderson  6'4"  Black River Falls   Ranked 33rd in the Wissports Senior Rankings
Zac Haese  6'4"  Wrightstown     Transfer from D2 Lindenwood
Seth Anderson  6'5"  Marshfield  Ranked 38th in the Wissports Senior Rankings

Oshkosh

Eric Peterson  6'5"  Batavia, IL    Ranked 93rd in IL's Senior Class
Zach Robinson  6'1"  St Charles, IL   Ranked 128th in IL's Senior Class
JT Petrie  6'3"  Sheboygan Falls
Matthew Rader  6'7"  Green Bay Notre Dame    Ranked 37th in the Wissports Senior Rankings
Brandon Whiteside  Glenbard South, IL

Platteville

Kyle Tuma  6'5"  Valders    Ranked 43rd in the Wissports Senior Rankings
Blake McCann  6'3"  Janesville Craig
Oliver Barnes  6'6"  Mosinee

River Falls

Bryce Phillips  6'0"  North St Paul, MN    Ranked 74th in MN's Senior Class
Noah Hanson  6'2"  Eau Claire North

Stevens Point

Peter Timmerman  6'7"  Dubuque Wahlert, IA    Ranked 45th in Iowa Senior Class Rankings
Zach Mootz  6'2"  Merrill

Stout

Parker Shanks  6'7"  Plainville-Elgin-Millville, MN   Ranked 127th in MN's Senior Class
Carson Moe  6'2"  Oconto
Caleb Miedema  6'4"  Bangor
Kaden Koski  6'8"  Byron, MN    Ranked 89th in MN's Senior Class
Pete Brey  6'3"  Tomah
Garrett Parks  6'5"  Stevens Point Pacelli

Whitewater

Finley Shumacher  6'6"  Waukesha West
Jack Brahm  6'4"  Nicolet
Nate Schuster  6'4"  Menomonee Falls

Greek Tragedy

+1k Tom. Looks like Point is set for the next few years!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 24, 2018, 07:30:23 AM

It's definitely a slow start for Point when you look at Oshkosh and La Crosse's classes.  This is a pivotal year as far as recruiting goes for the Pointers as well, which makes the slow start a little more alarming.  In a physical league, like the WIAC, it's hard to rely on multiple freshman in a rotation.  Point loses Dodge, Fredrickson, Tauber, O'Heron, M Nelson, Mootz, Songolo and quite possibly Bublitz(if he chooses not to use the extra year) after this season.  It is important to bring in a large influx of talent this coming season so they can get a year in the system before they are relied upon giving quality minutes. 

There is still a long ways to go and Point will right the recruiting ship so to speak.  Transfers normally happen late in the offseason after the college semesters are over, I still expect a couple to show up at UWSP next year.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: tomt4525 on April 24, 2018, 09:14:03 AM

It's definitely a slow start for Point when you look at Oshkosh and La Crosse's classes.  This is a pivotal year as far as recruiting goes for the Pointers as well, which makes the slow start a little more alarming.  In a physical league, like the WIAC, it's hard to rely on multiple freshman in a rotation.  Point loses Dodge, Fredrickson, Tauber, O'Heron, M Nelson, Mootz, Songolo and quite possibly Bublitz(if he chooses not to use the extra year) after this season.  It is important to bring in a large influx of talent this coming season so they can get a year in the system before they are relied upon giving quality minutes. 

There is still a long ways to go and Point will right the recruiting ship so to speak.  Transfers normally happen late in the offseason after the college semesters are over, I still expect a couple to show up at UWSP next year.

I wonder if the NCAA investigation hanging over UWSP's head is affecting recruiting for the Pointers.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hindsight2020

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 25, 2018, 01:51:06 PM
Quote from: tomt4525 on April 24, 2018, 09:14:03 AM

I wonder if the NCAA investigation hanging over UWSP's head is affecting recruiting for the Pointers.

Possibly a factor. I would argue that a large part of it is the loss of Dernbach. He did a majority of the recruiting for UWSP and had a lot of success. Semling only had 1 young assistant for help this season so that may explain the slow recruiting so far. Dernbach definitely seems to know what he is doing as far as recruiting given the early success he has had getting guys to LaX for next season.

Pat Coleman

I'm sure that people recruiting against UWSP this season ... and last ... are more than willing to use it against UWSP.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

houdini

Quote from: WaHooWa on April 25, 2018, 01:27:50 PM
It's official -- Lake takes over at Stout

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/news/2018/4/25/uw-stout-tabs-jim-lake-as-mens-basketball-coach.aspx
He has some big shoes to fill.  I don't think he will ever be able to match that 34 game conference losing streak ;)  Maybe someday when I look for Stout in the standings I can start from the top, not the bottom.

tomt4525

Embarrassment of riches at this point for La Crosse with this recruiting class...Marshfield 6'5" G/F, Seth Anderson, to play for Dernbach and La Crosse.  Anderson ranked 38th in the Wisconsin Senior Class.

Just Bill

Quote from: tomt4525 on April 26, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
Embarrassment of riches at this point for La Crosse with this recruiting class...Marshfield 6'5" G/F, Seth Anderson, to play for Dernbach and La Crosse.  Anderson ranked 38th in the Wisconsin Senior Class.
I can't help but feel like La Crosse is getting the guys that Stevens Point would traditionally get.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

tomt4525

Quote from: Just Bill on April 27, 2018, 10:56:15 AM
Quote from: tomt4525 on April 26, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
I can't help but feel like La Crosse is getting the guys that Stevens Point would traditionally get.

Dernbach did a lot of the heavy lifting at Point as far as recruiting goes.  He knows how to get the job done, he's selling a vision and the kids are eating it up right now.  I'm sure that atleast some of these kids he went up head to head against UWSP for.

It's exciting if you're a follower of La Crosse, a lot can still happen but after this class gets a year or two in the system...they will be fun to watch.  They will have shooters all over the place and size in the middle.

It's hard to put it any other way at this point, but UWSP's recruiting class is less than impressive....and unless they get some impact transfers that have atleast 2 years of eligibility remaining, the class won't be salvaged.  The incoming freshman class have mostly all made their decisions by now.

tomt4525

6'2" Merrill G, Zach Mootz, will play basketball with his brother at UWSP.  He spent most of the season ranked in the top 50 Wisconsin Seniors but dropped out in the last rankings update.  Should be a solid player.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere