MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 23, 2017, 11:22:27 PM
I'm not sure that attendance at football games really backs up that observation. Am I mistaken?

My bad I didn't make it clear that I was looking at it from the recruiting angle.  I've always wondered why they don't draw better for football games particularly now that they have gotten so much better. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

hopefan

Quote from: AndOne on July 24, 2017, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: hopefan on July 24, 2017, 04:34:27 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on July 24, 2017, 04:16:30 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on July 24, 2017, 04:43:33 AM
I'm not sure anyone said anything about attendance (of fans). The question, I think, had to do with recruiting and knowing what's needed to be done to make practice, walking across campus or bussing/driving.
;)

I mean... for athletes... who are usually in shape... a walk across campus must be a brutal deal breaker.  ;) ;D

Uhh let's see, I've gone to classes, practice for 2-2.5  hours, showered, so my head is all wet, now let's walk across this bridge over a river in the dark at 7:00, at say 15 degrees, maybe icy, maybe slushy.... yes, I might ask about that bus...  and yes it could rest in my decision making process... ;)
Of course, I guess the Fox isn't exactly the Mississippi... ;D

Ah, but alas!
Such a journey might be of little consequence and entirely worth whatever effort is necessary..................................

It seems the esteemed Lawrence University has what is referred to as Gender- Neutral Housing. This is a Residential Life policy option which allows persons of difference genders to occupy the same room in certain designated dormitories. Accordingly, a comely lass or brawny lad may be waiting to provide comfort and warmth after such a perilous journey through inhospitable conditions. 👫 😮 😛 😁

Looks like it's time to jump in the Time Machine and point it in the direction of Appleton.  ;D
No such policy during my college days back in the Dark Ages. 🙁

SOLD!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

WUPHF

It seems the esteemed Lawrence University has what is referred to as Gender-Neutral Housing. This is a Residential Life policy option which allows persons of difference genders to occupy the same room in certain designated dormitories. Accordingly, a comely lass or brawny lad may be waiting to provide comfort and warmth after such a perilous journey through inhospitable conditions.

Looks like it's time to jump in the Time Machine and point it in the direction of Appleton.
No such policy during my college days back in the Dark Ages.

Colleges students viewed the notion of gender quite differently back in the dark ages too.

You might be a little surprised to find out just how students are utilizing the gender-neutral housing.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on July 24, 2017, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 23, 2017, 11:22:27 PM
I'm not sure that attendance at football games really backs up that observation. Am I mistaken?

My bad I didn't make it clear that I was looking at it from the recruiting angle.  I've always wondered why they don't draw better for football games particularly now that they have gotten so much better.

No worries. I whiffed on that. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

Oshkosh doesn't seem to draw well in anything.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AndOne

Quote from: WUH on July 25, 2017, 09:22:08 AM
It seems the esteemed Lawrence University has what is referred to as Gender-Neutral Housing. This is a Residential Life policy option which allows persons of difference genders to occupy the same room in certain designated dormitories. Accordingly, a comely lass or brawny lad may be waiting to provide comfort and warmth after such a perilous journey through inhospitable conditions.

Looks like it's time to jump in the Time Machine and point it in the direction of Appleton.
No such policy during my college days back in the Dark Ages.

Colleges students viewed the notion of gender quite differently back in the dark ages too.

You might be a little surprised to find out just how students are utilizing the gender-neutral housing.

Or, maybe not............😉 🙂

judgetrainer

Best stories from older alumni (think 1950s) are the ones that involve certain rooms having an expectation to leave a window open for late night returns. There have always been ways to work around gender separation.

badgerwarhawk

Back in the day my dorm room was on the first floor, in a corner very close to an exit door.  My roommate was gone a lot of weekends and my girlfriend at the time was also on campus.  My room was gender neutral relatively often.   ;D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

My first year at college was on a gender-mixed dorm. Every other room was a different gender on the same floor. No big deal, honestly.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

judgetrainer

For whatever it is worth Lawrence has ten first-year players coming to school this fall. On top of nine last year one wonders if they have enough uniforms...

gbpuckfan

You may have heard of the mill explosion in Central Wisconsin.

Ripon holding event to help one of the victims
http://riponredhawks.com/news/2017/8/15/mens-basketball-ripon-to-host-3-on-3-tournament-to-honor-collin-vandergalien.aspx

St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

AndOne

Quote from: judgetrainer on August 01, 2017, 05:27:14 PM
For whatever it is worth Lawrence has ten first-year players coming to school this fall. On top of nine last year one wonders if they have enough uniforms...

They may not need as many uniforms as you might think.
I don't know if LU follows the policy, but some schools have only a certain number of varsity uniforms. Let's say its 15. If there are 23 kids on the team, the top 15 are designated as the varsity, and the remaining 8 as the JV team. When the JVs play, they wear the team's old uniforms-the set the varsity wore before they got their new (current) uniforms.
Its nice when every kid on the team has a new uniform. But, some schools might be reluctant to spend money on an extra 7-12 new uniforms just so the JV team can look dazzling in front of the 50 or so people who might show up for a JV game.

AO

Quote from: AndOne on August 16, 2017, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: judgetrainer on August 01, 2017, 05:27:14 PM

They may not need as many uniforms as you might think.
I don't know if LU follows the policy, but some schools have only a certain number of varsity uniforms. Let's say its 15. If there are 23 kids on the team, the top 15 are designated as the varsity, and the remaining 8 as the JV team. When the JVs play, they wear the team's old uniforms-the set the varsity wore before they got their new (current) uniforms.
Its nice when every kid on the team has a new uniform. But, some schools might be reluctant to spend money on an extra 7-12 new uniforms just so the JV team can look dazzling in front of the 50 or so people who might show up for a JV game.
New uniforms are overrated.  They're used infrequently so the 3 year old uniforms don't really show any signs of wear and you have a 50/50 shot of the new uniforms being worse in design or comfort.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gbpuckfan

At the half
UWEC 32
SNC 38

SNC was up 20-16. Pushed to 12, but then EC got it back to 4 just before the half.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18