Quote from: AndOne on October 04, 2017, 09:59:46 PM
An outsider's early take.  ???

1. Rose/Coleman
2. Bonnett/Knobloch
3. Curry/Wallen
4. Beasley/Bair
5. O'Neill/Burdine

No Falotico or Streety

As with most teams, it is really too early to tell.  I do think this is a much better guess than iWU70's...although I would say that backup 4 spot is a complete question mark with several guys competing there.

There are a lot of other guys who could make the 10-man varsity rotation (Ron Rose usually plays 10).  I know they are extremely high on freshman PG Grant Wolfe, for example. 6-4 freshman Doug Wallen does have a chance to earn time at a forward spot.  He's very talented.

Also tough to guess at this point because so many guys can play multiple positions:
  * Rose - 1 or 2
  * Coleman - 1 or 2
  * Bonnett - 2 or 3
  * Curry - 3 or 4
  * Wallen - 3 or 4

The addition of Alex O'Neill is potentially really big for IWU.  If he turns out to be a good player this season, I don't see the Titans much behind Augustana and North Central.

iwu70

Thanks, Q,

Yes, we're all pretty much guessing at this point and the Titans could go lots of different ways, with the returning talent.

You don't have Beasley in the starting group? 

Time will tell.

IWU'70

Titan Q

iwu70

iwu70

Titan Q

Quote from: iwu70 on October 07, 2017, 05:00:38 PM
Above, no mention of Beasley?  ms

That is a list of players I feel can play multiple positions.  I don't think Beasley is on that list - I see his time at the 4 only.

I agreed with AndOne's suggested rotation for the most part.  I think Beasley is the favorite to start at the 4.

iwu70

Got it.  Agreed on Beasley.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Knoblach, Curry, Bair, and Wallen.  Save for Curry, pretty much new faces, new ingredients. 

Lots of weeks to go before opening night 11/15.

Q, will I see you at Homecoming?

All best, safe travels to all Titans heading back to campus for this coming weekend, for Homecoming.

IWU'70

ballislife23

All American g/f Jordan Robinson, is reportedly not playing basketball this year to focus on other aspects of life.Huge blow for north park, but I'm sure Tom Sylder will have the park ready to compete at a high level.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: ballislife23 on October 07, 2017, 11:11:51 PM
All American g/f Jordan Robinson, is reportedly not playing basketball this year to focus on other aspects of life.Huge blow for north park, but I'm sure Tom Sylder will have the park ready to compete at a high level.

Sager?

Wow. That would be a huge blow, if true.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AndOne

QUICK, someone sent an ambulance to Sager's house!
A cardiac misadventure is imminent!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 08, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

Sager?

Indeed.  I'll be interested to see how it turns out.  I'm glad d3 players feel the freedom and ability to make a decision like that, but I'm having trouble recalling a potential national POY candidate doing so.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

ballislife23

Based on the information I know, this is NOT the last we will see of Robinson. He does have another year left and he plans on using it the following season. Again this is based on information presented to me, from a source close to Mr. Robinson

AndOne

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 08, 2017, 11:18:57 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 08, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

Sager?

Indeed.  I'll be interested to see how it turns out.  I'm glad d3 players feel the freedom and ability to make a decision like that, but I'm having trouble recalling a potential national POY candidate doing so.

I seem to remember that several years ago a fabulous player from Wheaton named Kent Raymond took a year off from basketball after relating that God told him to do so. He returned to play again the next year. I think he was a 3 time CCIW POY and 2 time 1st team A-A.

Titan Q

Yes, the season Kent Raymond Godshirted seems to be the closest comparison here.