CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotberg

Edgewood 3, North Park 2 in the 2nd overtime.

I watched the second half and the first overtime.  NP dominated the during the time I watched, but they didn't finish their opportunities and the Edgewood GK made 2 amazing saves.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

DIIIdad

Wheaton beat Dominican 1-0 tonight.  Wheaton scored off a restart in the last 8 minutes.  Dominican played low pressure in the first half, and took it to Wheaton in the second half, but couldn't get it done.

d3fan1

It sure looks like the door is open for Calvin to step into the driver's seat in the central region.  They have 2 very tough games this weekend though against Wittenburg and Otterbein (who just tied OWU). Hopefully they can continue their strong play.

Flying Dutch Fan

Tough loss for Hope yesterday to Elmhurst, 3-2.  Hope held a 2-1 lead, until the Jays scored on a corner with 23 seconds left, and then scored the winning goal in OT.  Last game Hope will play on the Buys, natural grass field.  Next home game will be in the new Van Andel soccer stadium - with field turf.
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gotberg on September 16, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
Edgewood 3, North Park 2 in the 2nd overtime.

I watched the second half and the first overtime.  NP dominated the during the time I watched, but they didn't finish their opportunities and the Edgewood GK made 2 amazing saves.

This is why I said the other day that NPU fans shouldn't get too excited about the Vikings being ranked eighth in the nation. The Edgewood game had all the makings of a "trap game", and, sure enough, it bit the Park on the butt. Now the Vikings have to regroup and get it done against Hope at Hedstrand Field on Saturday night.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

d3fan1

Wheaton over Loras 3-2. It sounds like Loras dominated everywhere but on the scoreboard. Wheaton has a knack for the goal though, especially at home.

Jim Matson

Loras really dominated this match.  But Wheaton was perfect with every opportunity - something that rarely happens for any team.  The shots look like this: Loras 27 shots, 9 on goal, Wheaton 9 shots, 3 on goal.  When you bat 1.000, you will be tough to beat.  Miguel Bonilla was all over the field and had 7 shots himself, scoring 1 of the DuHawk goals.  Josephs and Filipiak were also in the mix with 7 shots between them.

Loras is a good side that I think will come together well as the season progresses.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

DIIIdad

I missed the first half of this game but was back in the stands for the second half.  The score was 1-0 at the start of the second half. 

It seemed Loras was controlling play with attack after attack.  Wheaton was awarded a questionable corner about 5 minutes into the second half and scored of the scramble that ensued.  Loras appeared to have scored a few minutes later, only to have it called back on an offside.  Wheaton scored their final goal in the 58th minute off a lucky lob shot over the Loras keeper.  It was a nice shot, but the keeper didn't even move, thinking it was going way over the net.  Somehow, it knuckled down and under the crossbar for the third goal. 

Loras kept attacking wide with serve after serve into the area, and finally scored in the 60th minute.  They scored again in the 86th minute, but ran out of time to get the equalizer.  Wheaton played a man down for about the last 17 minutes due to a second yellow to a Wheaton player, but they were able to withstand the pressure.

As I said, I did not see the first half, but I still think Loras will be going back to the final four again this year.

markerickson

In North Park's 1-0 loss to Hope in Chicago, several visiting players shushed the crowd by placing their index finger over their mouths.  No big deal.  What I did not appreciate was the gesture from #9, the player who scored the game's lone goal.  He turned to the North Park student section, grabbed his crotch, and moved his hand up and down.  WTF?
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Soccerfan18

Maybe he thought he was Michael Jackson

but seriously - there really is no need for that

Jim Matson

This isn't normal behavior for a Hope team.  Maybe something is different this year?  Or maybe the North Park was "in their face?"  Of course, a team is supposed to be used to that.

markerickson

Comments directed toward #9 did not contain any profanity, and foul language is not part of the repertoire of NP fans.  NP students did poke fun at the green* shoes of Hope's "right winger", and he did not react.

*Think Seattle Seahawk 2009 road uniforms.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Jim Matson

oldtrafford

North Park downed by Carthage?  They need to righten that ship if they're going to challenge for conference.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: oldtrafford on September 28, 2009, 11:11:29 AM
North Park downed by Carthage?  They need to righten that ship if they're going to challenge for conference.

Absolutely true. NPU was outmuscled all night. Give Carthage credit; the Redmen are young but very physical, and their defense is very stingy. They're much better than their record indicates.

Meanwhile, NPU is really groping for answers right now.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell