Author Topic: NESCAC  (Read 654443 times)

Offline blooter442

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Re: NESCAC
« Reply #5910 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:25 pm »
Watch out for Amherst next year: If they made it to Sweet 16 with a shaky, young squad, they'll be a handful come the next chapter.

J4J, I think it is a testament to Serpone’s coaching abilities that he got that team as far as they went. In my opinion, this year’s team wasn’t anywhere near as cohesive as any Amherst team I’ve seen (in the last 6 years, at least) but they managed to make the Tournament and get to the Sweet 16. They certainly rode their luck at times, but I think you (mostly) make your own luck, and they did much better than I thought they would this year.

Offline nescac1

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: December 15, 2017, 07:53:02 am »
Good thoughts on Williams Mr. Right.  Here is another article on that incoming striker, seems like a good get.  And hopefully Petrik plays a much bigger table-setting role next year, and Gass and Fabricant step up a bit as finishers.  But I agree that the Ephs need more skill and speed in the midfield and upfront, so they can open things up a bit.   Hopefully a few more guys coming in who can fill those roles ....

http://jwcdaily.com/2017/12/14/nts-skillful-felitto-has-heart-of-a-lion/

Offline Mr.Right

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: December 15, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »
Good thoughts on Williams Mr. Right.  Here is another article on that incoming striker, seems like a good get.  And hopefully Petrik plays a much bigger table-setting role next year, and Gass and Fabricant step up a bit as finishers.  But I agree that the Ephs need more skill and speed in the midfield and upfront, so they can open things up a bit.   Hopefully a few more guys coming in who can fill those roles ....

http://jwcdaily.com/2017/12/14/nts-skillful-felitto-has-heart-of-a-lion/

Good article thanks for sharing..YES that is exactly what Williams NEEDS...They had to many guys that were "soft" IMO and they need a guy like this especially up top. That being said I would like to see a highlight or 2 before making any judgments. Also, 6'2 180 is a good size but in Nescac these days that is your average striker build. The most important thing that I read was about his competitiveness and heart as that are the types of mentalities that Williams needs to start getting back into its program to return to the top of Nescac.

Offline Mr.Right

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: December 15, 2017, 02:18:08 pm »
Here is a video highlight film of this kid...Based on this 4 minute highlight you can see some definite positives. He is definitely a tough kid that is not afraid to mix it up and put his body on the line. A solid target striker with good skill that uses both feet. Has good hops and looks to have a nose for the goal. He is hard to knock off the ball. He looks to have decent speed but is not blazing fast. A good start for Sullivan getting this type of kid into the program. Personally, I am not a big fan of Fabricant as a striker because he is really slow. I am a fan of Gass as he has plenty of skill and speed but is not the toughest kid. So it will be interesting to see it all play out.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6126136/will-felitto