2014 D3 Season: National Perspective

Started by PaulNewman, August 24, 2014, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint of Old

I was the first person to say that Amherst deserved the win u at SLU even though I bleed RED.
SLU are a possession team and had a 1 man advantage for 15 minutes on home turf and did not capitalize.

I do have to say though, the Lord Jeffs will never win a National Championship without changing their style of play.
Only good soccer playing teams make it to the final 4 with a  chance to win it all...
At this stage a team must be stringing passes together as well as having that extra something.
That extra something for Amherst is Defense.
They play amazing defense.
These boys just shut out a sick Brandies team and almost shut out SLU.
They must add variety flair and passing to the attack in order to win a championship.

Also:
I have only seen Kenyon play 25 minutes this year, but wow, they are good.

Wheaton is strong, and they are champions (85, 97) they will be a very tough out. Play beautiful soccer.
Oneonta is still undefeated.
The class of the NESCAC can bring pride to the conference still.

Prediction:
A former champion will win it all or it will be Kenyon.

Flying Weasel

No video for Trinity-Wheaton?  Sratch that.  Just after I hit "post" the video came up.

FalconFan

Quote from: Flying Weasel on November 22, 2014, 06:02:36 PM
No video for Trinity-Wheaton?

I had audio, and now I just lost that :-(   Was really looking forward to this match.

Flying Weasel

Wow! Trinity goes up 1-0 two or so minutes in.

FalconFan

Now I have a video feed, and I missed a Trinity goal...

dontshootthegoose

Absolute rocket from the top of the box

PaulNewman

These two teams are really talented/skilled.  Trinity off to the important strong start.  Sometimes I think Wheaton plays too fast and too open for their own good.  They overwhelmed and buried Wartburg with that style but will it work tonight?

PaulNewman

This makes me think Colorado College is pretty good.

Left back for Wheaton, Anthony (transfer from Ohio State). is a like a man playing with boys.

wchandy22

Quote from: Saint of Old on November 22, 2014, 05:31:47 PM
Prediction:
A former champion will win it all or it will be Kenyon.

So your picking some team other than Oneonta, Tufts, Whitworth or CNU. Fair enough.
Nature was my kindergarten

dontshootthegoose

Wheaton not looking like the team that ended Whitewater and Wartburg's seasons. Look like they are a little off tonight, maybe Trinity is just that talented.

wchandy22

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 22, 2014, 06:29:22 PM
Left back for Wheaton, Anthony (transfer from Ohio State). is a like a man playing with boys.

One of Trinity's "boys" is having a field day with Anthony.

PaulNewman

You must have a different feed than I do  ;)

wchandy22

Actually, I wish I had a different feed. My feed locked up once Wheaton scored. Can some of you please log off so I can watch the 2nd half.

PaulNewman

Trinity needs a goal.  Wheaton all over them.  Thunder so similar to Messiah and OWU with all the clever set plays with 3 or 4 passes and almost score every time.  And they look as fast as Messiah but even bigger.

FalconFan

GOAL Wheaton, that had the feeling that it was just a matter of time.