D3 soccer twitter presence

Started by sokermom, February 22, 2017, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sokermom

Hi, high school and club soccer has a lot of twitter presence in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area.  I searched for twitter accounts for some of the D3 schools we have looked into.  Most accounts seem to have sparse updates or not active at all.  Wouldn't it be nice for these colleges for recruiting purposes as well if they maintain a high profile on twitter with frequent posts updating their program activities.  The more you are out there the more people will pay attention.  At least that is how clubs are promoting themselves.  No one is looking for empty rhetoric but would be nice to see D3 soccer promoted a bit more through social media.  Others have any thoughts?

Shooter McGavin

This is a good point. I believe there are many D3 colleges that are active on social media. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram seem to be big for these teams to promote their campus activities and players. I guess it would all depend on the schools but I know many college teams at all levels of D1, D2, and D3 actively engage on social media. Has your son made a decision yet? I know he was considering Landmark schools last time you checked in. What is his shortlist of 3 schools he's deciding between? 

sokermom

@Shooter McGavin, I sent a PM.  Thanks.