NJAC

Started by Go2Goal, August 29, 2017, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Cabrini GK just had made a fantastic save against a Rowan free kick at the top of the box...lol Rowan color guy said that Cabrini GK deserved 2 cookies after his performance tonight...the color guy sounds as burnt as 2 cookies

firstplaceloser

Rowan disappoints again! I called this weeks ago too. sad but that's why the tournament is amazing!

Mr.Right

That is more than disappointing...That could be Top 10 Upsets of all time in D3 NCAA History..

Falconer

WHAT?! Rowan couldn't find that ring they were looking for?  :-X

Thought it had been located and it was just a matter of chasing it down the hill.

franklyspeaking

Rowan coach recruits size and cares about size. Not a shocker that they lost but to Cabrini?????

firstplaceloser

Quote from: Falconer on November 11, 2017, 06:24:39 PM

Thought it had been located and it was just a matter of chasing it down the hill.

LOL maybe they should've started smaller with a NJAC championship

Wisco21

Quote from: firstplaceloser on November 11, 2017, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Falconer on November 11, 2017, 06:24:39 PM

LOL maybe they should've started smaller with a NJAC championship

lmao savage

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: Shooter McGavin on November 02, 2017, 02:54:49 PM
Quote from: firstplaceloser on November 02, 2017, 09:56:36 AM
ill be the first person here to call this. Rowan season will be over in the first weekend of NCAAs.

You will be the second person to say it  ;) See my post from a few weeks back.

Men's soccer / Re: 2017 Season - National Perspective
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:16:45 am »
Personally I think Rowan has more hype than they should. I have watched them play a couple times so far this season. Are they a good team? Of course they are. Do they have Final 4 caliber talent? Most certainly. But are they disciplined enough to mentally make a run of 6 straight games to a final? I don't think they are. They have 3 solid wins and 2 tough losses. I don't know if they have challenged themselves enough this year to prepare them for the treacherous journey of the NCAA tournament.

We saw it last year with a disappointing second round exit at home with all the national title hype. We saw it the previous year (2015) with a disappointing first round exit to Dickinson. I firmly believe last year's Rowan team was better than this year's Rowan team despite the lack of depth last year compared to this year. That would worry me if I were a Prof fan.

I am still not sure why they didn't challenge themselves more in the non-conference. Messiah, Lycomimg, and CNU are all great tests (1-2-0) but other than that they played 6 legit cupcakes and an under-performing F&M side. The NJAC is way down this year and that will hurt them come tournament time.

A lot depends on the draw, match-ups, health, and most importantly luck! We will see what happens for the Profs but I wouldn't be surprised to be talking about another 1st or 2nd round exit this year in about a month.

Quoting myself for a third time this season.

firstplaceloser

I was giving them to at least tomorrow but Cabrini.... CABRINI?!

firstplaceloser

NJACs last hope is going to OT

luckylefty

Cabrini actually had a few more dangerous moments then I expected. 4-5 times one of their wingers got loose on Rowan.

Rowan is a really weird team. Ton of talent but I've seen them 3 times now in the past two weeks and not once was I blown away by their level.

Ejay

Rowan/West Campus Fields to Pursue Development of Major Athletic Complex

The Rowan University Board of Trustees at its December 13 meeting approved a resolution to enter into a letter of intent with West Campus Fields (WCF) to lease nearly 300 acres to WCF for the development of a multi-sport athletic complex. 

"The Board's vote demonstrates Rowan's full commitment to the project," said Ali A. Houshmand, president of Rowan University. "We are confident that WCF will be able to secure what it needs to make this project a great success. We look forward to sharing the specifics as the project progresses."

The University has been working closely with Elite Development Program (EDP), the lead partner in West Campus Fields, to develop the planned complex, which will include a 4,500-seat arena, an indoor training center, more than 50 athletic fields, artificial turf fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, outdoor track and field venues, a hotel and retail space.

Steve Shilling, president of EDP, commented: "We are excited to be working with Rowan University and our development partners to build what we believe will be the best youth sports venue in the United States."

The facilities are expected to draw 1.5 million visitors a year, primarily for youth sports tournaments and training. The complex also will be home to Rowan University Athletics.

The plan calls for the complex to be on Rowan's West Campus, at the intersection of Routes 55 and 322 (Harrison and Mantua townships in Gloucester County), 2 miles from the University's Glassboro campus. Site plans are still being developed, however.

Rowan University began purchasing farmland at the intersection in 2002 and eventually assembled 600 acres, bisected evenly by Route 322. In 2008, Rowan opened the South Jersey Technology Park on the north side. The University sold approximately 100 acres south of Route 322 to Inspira Health Network in 2016 to build a regional hospital, which is under construction today.

NESCAC43

Quote from: EB2319 on December 14, 2017, 11:14:12 AM
Rowan/West Campus Fields to Pursue Development of Major Athletic Complex

The Rowan University Board of Trustees at its December 13 meeting approved a resolution to enter into a letter of intent with West Campus Fields (WCF) to lease nearly 300 acres to WCF for the development of a multi-sport athletic complex. 

"The Board's vote demonstrates Rowan's full commitment to the project," said Ali A. Houshmand, president of Rowan University. "We are confident that WCF will be able to secure what it needs to make this project a great success. We look forward to sharing the specifics as the project progresses."

The University has been working closely with Elite Development Program (EDP), the lead partner in West Campus Fields, to develop the planned complex, which will include a 4,500-seat arena, an indoor training center, more than 50 athletic fields, artificial turf fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, outdoor track and field venues, a hotel and retail space.

Steve Shilling, president of EDP, commented: "We are excited to be working with Rowan University and our development partners to build what we believe will be the best youth sports venue in the United States."

The facilities are expected to draw 1.5 million visitors a year, primarily for youth sports tournaments and training. The complex also will be home to Rowan University Athletics.

The plan calls for the complex to be on Rowan's West Campus, at the intersection of Routes 55 and 322 (Harrison and Mantua townships in Gloucester County), 2 miles from the University's Glassboro campus. Site plans are still being developed, however.

Rowan University began purchasing farmland at the intersection in 2002 and eventually assembled 600 acres, bisected evenly by Route 322. In 2008, Rowan opened the South Jersey Technology Park on the north side. The University sold approximately 100 acres south of Route 322 to Inspira Health Network in 2016 to build a regional hospital, which is under construction today.

WOW! Good for Rowan, this is going to be incredible. Can't wait to see proposals of what it's going to look like. My guess is there are going to be a ton of fields used for youth tournaments and then 1 or 2 stadium-seated fields where the men's and women's teams will play, depending on if they each get their own field. I'm assuming many of you have been to the Bethesda soccer complex (I think it's called Germantown/Maryland Soccerplex) where they have many tournaments. My son and daughter usually have 2-3 weekends of games there per year and I picture that is exactly what the Rowan complex is going to look like.

franklyspeaking

This plan with EDP has been in the works for a couple of years now.  Rowan coach has/had a position with EDP and EDP will prosper from the availability of land.  The plan is to move the EDP tournaments from Tuckahoe Farms to the Rowan facility which is great for the DE/MD/PA/SNJ group but makes it a pain for the NNJ teams to get to.  Everyone will adjust, it will be great.

luckylefty

A 4,500 person stadium?  Is Rowans rumored move to D1 confirmed by the University?  If not this facility screams Division 1 move.   There is no reason for Rowan to have a facility that seats 4,500 if they are planning to stay Division 3.