WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

HPU had only one player first-team all-conference so I think that bears out alright.

dballa

one and done..sounds about like HSU's performance on their home floor in the conference tournament right?

jmnaseum

Thanks Pat, the SID's vote for all region.
I wonder how many of them actually watch the games and know what makes the team "tick" or are they interested in just stats?  Martinez is good but the question must arise why did UMHB finish a distant 5th in the West?

Inthepaint

cover2

I wouldn't call 1 game out of a playoff spot a "distant 5th finish"

jmnaseum

You are right Cover2.  They were actually just one game away from going to the tournament.  I just meant it had to be somewhat of a disapointing season for UMHB because of them returning 4 starters, having 9 letterwinners back and being predicted to finish third in the conference.  
I guess that shows how deep the West really was!

Beau Tye

DBalla/Post 395,

One and done?  Just for the record...after HSU Cowgirls won the ASC-W with the best record and hosted the tournament, they won 104-50 over ETBU, in the first game, so they were "two and out"...after losing to McM!  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>
(Not "one and out.")

Congrats to RMC...good win today over Scranton!

dballa

well considering ETBU shouldn't have even been in the tourney(only there because UT Tyler was ineligible)...that win hardly counts as anything http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0> But you're right..they did win it..

mcmfan

It was, however, a Pyrhic victory, since one of the HSU starters was injured in the first minute of the game and was unable to play against us the following night.  I don't know who that was, but the outcome could have been different if she had been there on the HSU lineup.
Alacumba!

Inthepaint

I should have gone to McM.  I have no idea what a "Pyrhic" is!

mcmfan

Oops, that's because I misspelled it!  It should be "Pyrrhic", not "Pyrhic"...
Alacumba!

Inthepaint

I wish the spelling was the reason that I have no idea what it means!  Oooohhhhh!  Should have gone to McM!

fanstand

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting..that's what next year will be about. Who returns to their respective teams, who doesn't. Summer workouts, lots to do between now and October. And we are talking about girls, only two things can mess them up, boys and drugs, and at least they have rehab for drugs. Six months away till season starts again, lots to do, lots can happen. Happy offseason everyone, keep the info coming.

BedtimeForBonzo

Concordia's Ashley Edwards was the only ASC athlete named to http://www.d3hoops.com/tow/womallam05.htm" target=_top>D3hoops.com's Women's All-America team today.  The senior was named to the third team.

(Message edited by bedtimeforbonzo on March 21, 2005)

Inthepaint

Congratulations Ashley!  Glad to see representation from the ASC!