FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdubs

ELee,
         By far the best pic on here!lol

pios

Scotty,
The majority of the schools in the league probably have between 125 - 150 kids on the opening camp roster.  However, by the end of camp a more realistic number for most schools, excluding MUC, ONU, and BW the roster is probably around 100.  During camp and when depth charts start to work themselves out, alot of your so called high school standouts cannot stand being number 2 or 3 on the depth chart and some leave.  Like mentioned before, grades and financial aid also have a way of taking some players away.  IMO, the more players you have the better.  One thing that really keeps players around in the OAC is the JV schedule, the larger your squad, the more JV games you can play.  It allows players to gain experience and wait for their shot on Saturdays.  Also, with more players, it allows a team to divide up and have some pretty good players running the "scout teams" for the week.  Which in turn allows the varsity to get a better handle of the plays and what not for the upcoming game.  There are ways each individual team has of coaching that many players.  Most often the team divides into the different positions, 5-20 players per coach depending on position, for the bulk of practice and come together at the end for a full team practice, sometimes running two units at the same time.

e_lee

t-dubs,

I had it up and then erased it.  But I figured I would put it back up there.  The man is one of my idols afterall.

I am going to have to eiether avoid him when I go back to Cap or stay away all together.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

scotty

i guess what my concern is...do the kids who drop off the team normally stay at the school...i guess thats what i should have asked...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

e_lee

The large number of student-athletes has obvioulsy not ben a detriment to the schools. 

tdubs

ELee,
          I gaurentee you he laughed at it, but then he probably wants you to take it down. You know Bart and Fuzz are laughing!lolhaha....I would just avoid him for a little bit. Don't stay away all together, because you're not around much anyway. How come Bart and Fuzz don't have a picture on the coaching staff site? They've been around long enough.

e_lee

I guess they had pictures of Dan Bartholomew and Robert White on the site, but the server could not handle the high rate of traffic it caused among the young, nubile co-eds at CU, so they had to take it down.

4u

My, oh my.  Posting his picture just doesn't seem smart, E Lee.  To me, it appears you don't know his sense of humor too well.  Maybe I am wrong.
I hope so!
4u
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve "Pre" Prefontaine

reality check

The percentage of kids that stay on at a school post-football is hard to be specific about.  In my days at ONU, I would say this: We had the biggest drop-off between freshman and sophomore years, as you might expect.  A lot of kids that played out the season were not cutting it academically so they did not come back for year two.  If you took 100 freshman, I would guess the numbers (from my experience at ONU only) would shake out as follows: 25 stayed with it all four years, 35 stayed with it til the end of the first year but left for some reason unrelated to football, 35 stayed for all four years at the school but did not finish up as a member of the football team, and 10 we gone as soon as the season ended or left during the season but after camp.  That's just the way I saw it happen.  But attrition rates for non-athletes at a private school like ONU are probably around 10-15% each year.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

scotty

thanks for the info...i guess i just thought most D3 schools started with 100 or so in camp...learning all the time...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

trainer

Hello everyone,

I don't post that often (as you can tell) but I like what you've done with post patterns.  I had to re-register,  but it was easy.  Now I have to get used to the format.

Well anyways I'm looking forward to another exciting season good luck to all d3 schools, especially Mount Union.  Go raiders  ;D

e_lee

I did a google image search of my name. This new photo was the most interesting one under my name. This new photo replaces the old "controversial" one.

I foresee myself changing it almost daily.

beenhit2hard

Scotty, you must be very organized to coach 200 players, have a large(12-15) number of coaches, and run good practices .

tdubs

ELee,
          Leave Dido up there!lol.....I haven't seen him fired up in a long time. It will bring back some memories!

Bigwit54

Just Wanted to say Good Luck to all my boys in WILMINGTON[/color]   
Go Quake!