MBB: NESCAC

Started by cameltime, April 27, 2005, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nescac1

Updated recruit list below.  I imagine this is getting close to complete although clearly some names (like from Bates and Conn) are missing here. I'll continue to update this post as any additional info trickles in.  Trinity has some real talent coming in, it appears.  Hamilton is certainly bringing in a boatload of size.

Regarding the Conn College recruit from New Zealand, the competition doesn't look terribly good (to put it mildly), so it's very hard to judge, but based on his highlights he has some intriguing offensive tools, especially at that size, and could be a fun player to watch ... definitely one to keep an eye on.  And beyond that, it's a shame Walzy isn't around anymore, because this dude's style is absolute fire: 

https://twitter.com/TomHarrison9816/status/1602427012378861568/photo/1

Amherst:
Nate Pablis, 6'6 SG, Flint Hill (VA)
Johnny McCain, 6'0 G, Canterbury
Marc Garraud, 5'8 G, Noble and Greenough

Bates:
Cole Decker, 6'5 G, Archbishop Stepinac (New York)
Babacar Pouye 6'7 F, Cate School (CA)

Bowdoin:
Justus Bardauskas, 6'7 F, Loomis Chaffee (#49 New England)
Ben Chilson: 6'5 SG, Tunkhannock (PA)
Natrel Allen, 6'4 SF, Deerfield (PG)

Colby:
Marcos Montiel, 6'3 G, Brooks School
Sam Hinman, 6'0 G, St. Sebastian's
Matt Lamy, 6'4 G, St. Paul's School
Kam Rodriguez, 5'9 G, Berkshire School
Savion Stroud, 6'2 G, St. Paul's School

Conn College:
Tom Harrison, 6'5 G, Christ's College, New Zealand
Dylan Watson, 6'6 W, Fox Lane (NY)

Hamilton:
Connor Jenkins, 6'5 F, Willison Northampton
Nate Raub, 6'8 F/C, Payton Prep (Chicago, IL)
William Holmes, 6'8, F, Ithaca H.S. (NY)
Jalen Reese, 6'6 F, Gilford (NH) (#19 in NH)

Middlebury:
Ian Murray, 6'3 G, Governors Academy
Kuba Cwalina, 6'5 G, Archbishop Malloy (NY)

Trinity:
Jared Berry, 6'0 PG, Vermont Academy (#53 in New England, #2 in Vermont)
Tristan Davis, 6'6 F/C, Frederick Gunn (CT) (#41 in New England, #30 in CT)

Tufts:
Liam Kennelly, 5'11 PG, Millbrook School
Jon Medley, 6'2 G, Wilbraham & Monson
Zion Watt, 6'6 W, Crossroads School (CA)

Wesleyan:
Jack Williamson, 6'2 G, Williston Northampton
Hunter Fleming, 6'8 C, Northfield Mount Herman
Ben Lyttle, 6'5 F, Stepinac (NY)
Reid Celestin, 6'6 G, Brewster Academy (#20 in NH)

Williams:
Matt Devine, 6'4 G, Berkshire School
Tyler Van Gorp, 6'10 C, New Trier (IL)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

There's a 6'10" Van Gorp at Central in Iowa. He was the ARC POY. I wonder if they're cousins or something.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

SpringSt7

Regretfully, I can pass along that I already looked into that and found no such connection

nescac1

As anyone who watched Netherlands trounce the US in the World Cup can testify, the Dutch grow 'em big. 

Greek Tragedy

From the above recruiting list, anyone stand out?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

SpringSt7

This is far from comprehensive and is sure to have several names left off, but Matt Lamy seems like someone who could play right away for Colby with his size at the guard spot as they try to replace Will King and Noah Tyson. Matt Devine is a classic Williams wing, reminds me of Dan Aronowitz, but will probably not see a whole lot of time on a contending Ephs squad. Reid Celestin is a very impressive looking guard for Wesleyan to pair up with Nicky Johnson, but Jack Williamson played on a very good Williston Northampton team and could slot into those Ravetz/Millstein minutes off the bench too. Bardauskas is an impressive get for Bowdoin who needs a little bit of everything, but really needs forwards. And the crop of big forwards coming into Hamilton, surely one or two of them will play immediately, although I don't know if they will have any 5th year seniors. But Anderson and Rood are listed as seniors and those listings have been consistent across the league as indicating graduation.

Greek Tragedy

Appreciate the post. Thanks.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

nescac1

I''m largely on the same page as SpringSt7.  From the group listed below, and surely there are other incoming players, I think the following are guys to watch in terms of early impact players:

Garraud (Amherst), Bardauskas and Chilson (Bowdoin), Lamy and Montiel (Colby), Watson (Conn), Reese (Hamilton), Davis and Berry (Trinity), Medley (Tufts), Celestin (Wesleyan), and Devine (Williams). 

All HUGELY speculative, of course ...

lumbercat

Here's a good one headed to Bates-

Babacar Pouye 6'7" F
Cate School -Ca.

lumbercat

NESCAC 1- my mistake friend, you had the Bates guy from Ca 3 days ago!--missed it. You don't miss anything.

nescac1

I did not!  Been updating the post every so often so I added the Bates recruit after your post.  Looks like a badly needed quality big guy for the Bobcats ...

nescac1

Sobel to Sacred Heart, pending approval of his waiver from the NCAA:

https://twitter.com/pioneer_pride/status/1653761825236738049

Sobel would be the biggest guy on Sacred Heart's roster (unless they have a bigger incoming player), so I imagine he will have a chance to make a major impact there next year; they seem to have only one other guy who is a significant rim protector. 

Sacred Heart's head coach played high school ball for Joe Reilly Sr.; I wonder if the Reilly family connection helped steer a star NESCAC player his way ...

SpringSt7

The Reilly connection runs a little deeper than that - Joe's son Joey is a guard at Sacred Heart as well. Started 30 games and averaged 11.8 points per game

nescac1

Wow, SpringSt, not sure how I missed that! 

There is also an (unconfirmed and not quite as well-sourced) report on the transfer board that Thoerner is headed to D1 UC-Irvine ...

quicksilver

@NESCAC1 -- Here is another recruit for Bowdoin:

Matteo Cervone, Haldane HS (NY), 6-5, SG:https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/matteo_cervone