MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Football, men's basketball, baseball, men's golf, men's outdoor T&F, and men's tennis.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Gregory Sager

Here's a few updates:

* Wesley Hooker is in the transfer portal. He has his Covid year remaining.

* Lucas Heflen will be using his Covid year at D2 Mississippi College, one-upping his IWU classmate Cody Mitchell. Mitchell is moving on to Roosevelt for his Covid year, but Roosevelt will only be a provisional D2 member next season (if the school's petition is accepted in July), and will still be in the NAIA and the CCAC next season.

* North Park has received deposits from the Vuckovic twins, Nick and Mike, out of Hoffman Estates HS (they are transferring in after a year at Harper) and from 6'2" guard Kendall Lavender from Marquette Catholic in downstate Alton.

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Hoopdirt has Tweeted that Figueroa is leaving North Central for a Division I assistant job and Kmiec may be promoted as early as tomorrow.  Interesting if true.

lmitzel

Quote from: WUPHF on April 18, 2023, 11:24:21 PM
Hoopdirt has Tweeted that Figueroa is leaving North Central for a Division I assistant job and Kmiec may be promoted as early as tomorrow.  Interesting if true.

I retweeted with a "thank you" to Anthony Figueroa; he liked the tweet. Read into that what you will.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

WUPHF

I figured that the news regarding Figueroa was true.  A good next step for sure.  I guess we will have to wait for next steps, but I like the Kmiec promotion if that comes to fruition.

Gotberg

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

Trevon Roots, a 6'7 forward from Marmion, has announced his commitment to North Park.

The NPU coaching staff is really excited about landing Brandon Swann and Trevon Roots within the same week. This is starting to shape up as quite an incoming crop of newbies for the Vikings.

CardinalAlum

Interesting news coming out of NCC basketball.  ::)

Stay tuned...
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

WUPHF

Quote from: CardinalAlum on April 19, 2023, 12:22:08 PM

Stay tuned...

Figueroa leaving and Vince Kmiec getting promoted?  You have to read a page or two back any time you come with gossip or news.

lmitzel

And it's official.

Thrilled for Vince and excited to have him at the helm.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

CardinalAlum

Quote from: WUPHF on April 19, 2023, 05:17:20 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on April 19, 2023, 12:22:08 PM

Stay tuned...

Figueroa leaving and Vince Kmiec getting promoted?  You have to read a page or two back any time you come with gossip or news.

Just waiting on official news instead of rumor. But thanks for the lesson...
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Gregory Sager

According to the scoop sheets, the D1 landing spot for Anthony Figueroa is a compass school, Northwestern State in Natchitoches, LA. Here's the interesting part: NSU's newly-minted head coach, Rick Cabrera, has just hired three assistants and a director of player development, and all four of his new underlings are D3 alumni. Figueroa, of course, is a Millikin grad, and the other two assistant coaches are graduates of Covenant and Elmira. The director of player development is a Fontbonne grad.

petemcb

North Park continues to build something special at the corner of Foster and Kedzie as 6'9" DJ Wallace of Hoffman Estates High School has tweeted his commitment to the Park. It's been a long time coming but DJ will join former teammates the Vuckovic twins of Hoffman Estates next year to help the Park continue it's exciting program transformation. DJ is a great young man. I retired after working almost thirty years in a Chicago suburban high school and have seen a lot of students and players over that time. DJ is one of the finest young men I've met in those thirty-some years. His numbers and All-Conference/All-Area recognitions speak for themselves (as does his 6'9" frame). DJ is perhaps the finest shot blocker I've seen in HS ball. He can pass, is unselfish, has a good IQ, is an excellent teammate, highly coachable, and showed really nice growth on the offensive end of the floor all season. Over the last couple of years, he has had interest from NAIA, D2, as well as Elmhurst, North Central, Augie, and IWU. Kudos and thanks to Coach Sean Smith who was relentless in his pursuit of DJ. He was at more of the Hoffman games than some of the parents this season - including spending his birthday at one of DJ's games. Watching him build the relationship with DJ this year makes it easy to see how players would go to battle for him like this year's team did. Combine this Hoffman connection with the other recruits announced this week and NPU is likely to continue it's upward trajectory for at least four more years.

petemcb

A little more background on DJ Wallace:

Team Captain
15 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 blks per game
60% FG (led the team Junior and Senior year)
77% FT
Maine West Thanksgiving All-Tournament
Hinkle Holiday Classic All-Tournament
MSL All-Conference
Daily Herald All-Area