CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

It was drivin' me crazy that the CCIW did not have a page of its own.

Jim, how could you?! :o ;D

Gregory Sager

I have a vague recollection of there once being a CCIW room, but that it was subsumed into what is now the larger regional room, back before other conference rooms started mushrooming around here.

Then again, that might just be an acid Old Milwaukee flashback.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 04, 2009, 09:58:59 PM
I have a vague recollection of there once being a CCIW room, but that it was subsumed into what is now the larger regional room, back before other conference rooms started mushrooming around here.

Oh, c'mon - at least have a Sam Adams flashback! ;D

But how could our 'Hiker' let the CCIW room die?! ::)

[Now if NPU won the conference, but had to play the tourney at Wheaton, I bet THAT would keep the board going! :D]

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 05, 2009, 12:22:59 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 04, 2009, 09:58:59 PM

Oh, c'mon - at least have a Sam Adams flashback! ;D

Sam Adams doesn't have psychedelic properties. Old Milwaukee does. That's why I've only had it once.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 05, 2009, 12:22:59 AM
[Now if NPU won the conference, but had to play the tourney at Wheaton, I bet THAT would keep the board going! :D]

Been there, done that. Don't want to see it ever happen again, thankyouverymuch.

North Park opened its season this afternoon with a 2-1 victory over Concordia WI, by the way, at sweltering-hot Hedstrand Field. The Vikings will host Webster tomorrow afternoon.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WLCALUM83

Let's see if this gets the board going:

9/5 shocker of the day

North Central IL 3, Carleton-MN 2 (2 OT)

Gregory Sager

NPU beat Webster today, 3-1. Vikings sophomore Kristoffer Grahn now has five assists after only two games, pretty remarkable considering that, according to Coach Born, he's playing on a bad leg and is only at about 70%.

d3fan1

That is a very good win for North Central, but when you combine this lose and the 3-0 lose to Wartburg, it looks like CarElton is offically struggling this year.

Jim Matson

Carleton is indeed struggling a bit, but it is good for the Cards to win a match like this one - especially in OT.  Let's see what they can do with that as the season gets underway.

Hey, I did have a CCIW space, but as Greg said, it took awhile for some us to catch some momentum around here! :P
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

DIIIdad

I was at the Wheaton v. Taylor game on Saturday night.  Having never been to a Wheaton men's regular season game, I was very impressed with the raucous atmosphere. 

As for the game itself, Taylor was simply outclassed in this game.  Wheaton dominated in every part of the game, coming away with a 4-0 victory.   I saw Wheaton scrimmage Judson in the preseason where Wheaton couldn't finish.  Against Taylor, they did not have this problem.  Very impressive.

Gotberg

NP defeated Concordia-River Forest 4-0.  Grahn scored a hat trick.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Jim Matson

Good to hear from you Gotberg.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gotberg on September 08, 2009, 09:04:48 PM
NP defeated Concordia-River Forest 4-0.  Grahn scored a hat trick.

Grahn now has eleven points (three goals, five assists) after only three matches. That's not a bad start to the season.

NPU is off to the West Coast this weekend to play NWC entries Willamette and Puget Sound.

Gotberg

NPU defeated Willamette, 1-0 - Goal by Kriticos assist by Grahn.

Calvin defeated Wheaton, 2-1.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

d3fan1

Wheaton looked good, but Calvin is playing very well right now. Wheaton is going to be a very hard team to beat in conference! They are very physical and strong. #9 is 6'1" 205 and is really hard to handle.

Gregory Sager

That's twelve points in four matches now for Kristoffer Grahn. He may be the most prolific Swede that John Born has ever brought into the NPU program, even more prolific than Freddie Airosto or P.J. Eriksson -- and he's only a sophomore.

The Vikings have a really nice 1-2 Svenska punch up front in Grahn and Tajinder (yes, he's really Swedish) Singh.