WBB: MAC Freedom

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, March 07, 2019, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The second weekend of the DIII Men's and Women's Championship Tournaments is set to start. Can the upset minded teams continue to prevail? Can the "favorites" maintain their poise? What home team will enjoy their own cooking? And who will still be playing in Fort Wayne and Salem?

On Thursday's Hoopsville, Dave is joined by a number of guests to get a look not only at the action ahead this weekend, but the action coming at the final fours. Which teams seemed ready to be playing one more weekend?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Thursday's show will air live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. here: http://bit.ly/2C82LcA (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Taurer, No. 13 St. Thomas men's coach
- Dave Hixon, No. 7 Amherst men's coach
- Nathan Denison, VP for Sales, Memorial Coliseum (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- Mark Morefield, No. 12 UMHB women's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 4 Tufts women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

You played a heck of a game DeSales - losing by just one point to the Ithaca Bombers 76 - 75.   You still did the MAC Freedom proud!

kate

Happy Fourth of July fellow posters!   

kate

The Del Val Aggies start their 2019-20 season this Saturday, at home, with Rosemont College at 1 pm!    We'll be there - excited to see our seven new players and what they bring to the court!

kate

Huge early season game tonight between DeSales University and University of Scranton at DeSales, 7 pm.    We'll be watching on the web and Go Lady Bull Dogs!!!

Rofrog

How did that turn out Kate????

kate

Was hoping for a different outcome, but it's a long season and Fred is a great coach.   We shall see.   Scranton can hit that trey!   Lily Warhaftig looks like a solid player.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on December 03, 2019, 08:41:40 PM
How did that turn out Kate????

Considering outside of an 11-0 run to start the second half the game was pretty even ... I'm not sure any smacktalk was necessary. Both teams are pretty darn good.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Kate:

Unfortunately, it looks like another long, cold winter in Aggieville.

Love your dedication but 5 wins may be all they have in the cards this season.

Looks like a pretty short bench right now so that doesn't help either.

Hang in there.

Are you & the hub down in sunny Fla with the team?

Have a Merry Christmas & keep the faith.

kate

Hi Saratoga!  We are not in sunny Miami - we're in freezing Easton, and yes, i'm not too happy with the Aggies, both men & women this year, so far.   The women are playing without our two fantastic Senior point guards, Ashley Smink and  Dom Moser.   Both out with injuries and both scheduled to come back to the lineup next season.  Dom is an Easton High School grad, and attended N.A.C.C. for her first two years.  Good luck to Scranton the rest of the season - will you have competition in the Landmark?   As for the Lady Aggies, we'll just have to rely on Lauren Moretti and Em Kutsel until our Freshman find their court presence.   Kind of a sad year, too, because the MAC made the guy's game at 6, and the women's games at 8.   That gets us back to Easton at 11 - way past our bedtime.   Love those Sat. afternoon 1 pm games more and more.

kate

The Del Val games with Misericordia postponed from last night will now be played up in Dallas (at Miseri) - game times 5 and 7.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Game was postponed because a backboard was broken in pre-game warmups (I believe it fell on the floor as a result).

DIIIs don't have backboards lying around nor can they get them easily replaced.

Some DIII conferences have rules saying no pre-game and halftime dunking ... for this exact reason. I thought the MAC was one of them, but I could have them mixed up with someone else.

kate

Thanks for the info Dave - hopefully by this time the backboard will be replaced.   A sad weekend for Aggie sports, but here's to better weekends and games in general before the season ends.   Go Del Val!!!

kate

Senior Day at Del Val yesterday, and as always it was very emotional.   We bid farewell to our lovely, hard-working Seniors, Laura Sweger and Sarah Wills!   You will be missed Ladies and thank you for the memories!

kate

First, Good Luck to King's tonight at Misericordia and Good Luck to DeSales as they take on Eastern at home.   Next, Good Luck to the Pride of Widener & their Coach, Del Val's own Alisa DiBonaventura Kintner!    King's Coach, Caitlin H. is a Belvidere High School grad, school of yours truly  :)!