WBB: MAC Freedom

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, March 07, 2019, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

Two thrilling down to the wire wins for the Del Val Aggies this afternoon over Misericordia!   Thanks for the amazing call of both games Gordon Mann!!!   Congratulations to the Women's and Men's Teams!!!

gordonmann

Fun day here at DelVal! Very nice win for the Aggies.

saratoga

Loved your call at one point in the game, "that was a beautiful pass to the ref...he just wasn't ready for it"  ;D

kate

Hey Saratoga - positively love that you were watching a bit of the Aggie/Miseri game!    I just really appreciate that the Aggies played that game with pretty much eight players since our great Freshman, Lexi Wright, is still obviously not 100%.   That Team never gave up even after being behind so often - i still get chills just thinking about it.   The guys had a great game too!   I still keep an eye on you guys even though i will always miss those old MAC rivalries!   You're getting Wilkes next season too and we play them Saturday in a game with some consequences.

saratoga

Hi Kate,
I try to watch several throughout the day.
Your Aggies are making progress & they play hard...about all you can ask.
Hope you continue to feel better & happy to hear you're able to make some games this year.
All the best.

gordonmann

kate

Fantastic Game yesterday at James Work Memorial Gym - our Aggies beat Wilkes University in the Colonels final MAC game, by a score of 70 to 31!   Both offense and defense were really on fire!   In addition to the great game, we saw Joe Anastasi, Dad of former Aggie Star, Eireann Anastasi Pizzico and Moira Donohue Abrams, a star of the 2004-08 Aggie Team.   An added bonus, Moira brought her two handsome Sons!   So good to see them ALL!   Now, Best Luck to our Aggies tomorrow night as they take on our very own Jackie Hartzell's Arcadia Lady Knights in a MAC play-off game!   The only downside of yesterday, was not hearing Gordon's call of that game.   The place was rocking!

kate

At this stage of the game, for both halves of the MAC, i'm pulling for the Team that will go the farthest - love Jackie Hartzell's Arcadia squad and Alisa DiBonaventura Kintner's Pride, so if they feel like they can beat a Scranton, then by all means - Now, if DeSales and Messiah hang on and are the winners of each side, i'm o.k. with that too!   Good Luck to our Mighty MAC TEAMS!!!   Didn't mean to leave out Stevens Institute of Technology and Misericordia.

kate

Also didn't mean to leave out Albright and Alvernia from the Commonwealth side of the MAC!   Again. GO Mighty MAC!!!

kate

As the chips are settling for both sides of the MAC, i have to go with DeSales on the Freedom half and Messiah on the Commonwealth.   Stevens and Alvernia, both topnotch, but these are my two picks to go deep in the dance.

kate

Best of Luck to our two MAC Freedom Teams headed to the Big Dance this week - DeSales University and Stevens Institute of Technology!

kate

Congratulation to both Stevens Institute of Technology and DeSales University for making it to the NCAA's and representing the MAC.   Even though both teams lost, they played well and hard and did the MAC proud!   Looking forward to Del Val giving you stiffer competition in 23/24!   While on here, just want to thank our Del Val announcer Gordon Mann for another great year of calling our games and also, Chris Henry, our Sport's Information Director, for keeping us all up to date, very well i might add, with all the critical stats, rosters and game times and places of this past season.   Fantastic job Chris & Gordon!

kate

Just saw that Smith barely beat Mary Washington in OT last night!   Mary Washington is a great team and DeSales played them tough!   Good luck to Smith and again, thanks DeSales for representing the MAC so well!

kate

Congratulations to Kentucky's Transylvania!   We watched the game and the Transy defense contributed to a ton of CNU turnovers.   Also a quick comment to Congratulate LSU who played an unbelievable game against the heavily favored Iowa Team!   Those LSU players were mostly transfers & somehow Mulkey molded them into a winning (big time) squad!   Transfers may mean more in D1, as many of those players are looking for a WNBA career.   I sometime question switching schools in D3, however, unless a Family is moving far from their student's current school, the student wants to play closer to home for whatever reason, or financial or academic issues that may keep said student out of the game.   Just my thoughts here this morning, and as always GO AGGIES!   The very Best of Luck with this upcoming 2023/24 season!

Riley Zayas

Quote from: kate on April 03, 2023, 10:41:30 AM
Congratulations to Kentucky's Transylvania!   We watched the game and the Transy defense contributed to a ton of CNU turnovers.   Also a quick comment to Congratulate LSU who played an unbelievable game against the heavily favored Iowa Team!   Those LSU players were mostly transfers & somehow Mulkey molded them into a winning (big time) squad!   Transfers may mean more in D1, as many of those players are looking for a WNBA career.   I sometime question switching schools in D3, however, unless a Family is moving far from their student's current school, the student wants to play closer to home for whatever reason, or financial or academic issues that may keep said student out of the game.   Just my thoughts here this morning, and as always GO AGGIES!   The very Best of Luck with this upcoming 2023/24 season!

Already looking forward to the 23/24 season! Can't come soon enough. Just wondering what I'm going to do with my time now that there's no D3 hoops to watch haha.
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.