WBB: MAC Commonwealth

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 12, 2020, 03:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

I second that!

I felt bad for a lot of people when the tournament was cancelled last year but three seniors -- Leah, Maddie Hasson of Bowdoin and Erica DeCandido of Tufts -- were at the top of my list because of how good their individual seasons had been.

ronk

Maddie was another one from her AAU days; talked with her dad at the Final 4 in 2019. Erica, somehow I missed seeing her during AAU even though she was a Mid-Atlantic high schooler.

kate

Hi Saratoga!   Pretty sure we all have to agree this virus is horrible - all the way around for us and for our Teams!   Just so glad that the MAC has allowed this abbreviated schedule and that our games are on the net!   Sure hope that by November, everything is somewhat back to normal!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For some programs, the start to the 2021-22 season has been better than expected. For others, it has been recording breaking.

On Sunday's edition of Hoopsville, we chat with coaches of programs whose teams are off to strong starts. Some of those starts might have been expected, but not all of them.

We chat with Heidelberg and RPI men's basketball program plus York (Pa.) and No. 7 Trine women's programs.

You can watch the show LIVE (or on demand) here: https://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/dec9

We are also simulcasting on our Facebook Live page (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)

Guests List (order subject to change):
- Heidelberg men's coach Andy Bucheit
- York (Pa.) women's coach Betsy Witman
- #7 Trine women's coach Andy Rang
- RPI men's coach Mark Gilbride

Hoopsville is hosted by Dave McHugh from the NABC Studios. It is presented by D3hoops.com and thanks to our partners at the WBCA and BlueFrame Technology.

If you have questions, ideas, or want to interact with the show, feel free to send them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options available.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3sports.com
Hoopsville Season Archive: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Today on Hoopsville - we are once again hitting the air at 1:00 PM ET.

We will try and due justice to the crazy night that was in DIII basketball. We will look back at the results from Wednesday night in men's and women's play.

Plus we continue to chat with some teams that are flying a bit under the radar. Guests include:

• Dan Roiger, St. Lawrence women's coach
  • Mike Miller, No. 24 Messiah women's coach
  • Kyle Brumett, Wabash men's coach
  • Damion Jablonski, No. 16 Whitworth men's coach
  • Top 25 Women's Double-Take with Scott Peterson and Riley Zayas
Tune into the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/jan27 - an On Demand version and a podcast are available after the show gets off the air.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

RJ Preston

Congratulations to the Messiah Falcons on their sixth in a row MAC Commonwealth conference championship. Leah Springer was tournament MVP once again and is now Messiah's all-time leader in rebounds (1029) and could capture the all-time scoring title as well by the time the season concludes, as she needs just 36 more points.

kate

Huge Congratulations to the Widener University Coach, Alisa DiBonaventura Kintner, on her 300th win last night in a MAC Commonwealth play-off game!   Very proud of you Coach!!!

Augie2020

Congratulations Coach on 300 wins!!! great accomplishment!

gordonmann

saratoga

Gordon,
Great move by Messiah for sure & thanks for sharing.

kate

Should be a great game this Saturday between the Widener Pride, coached by Del Val's own Alisa DiBonaventura Kintner and Messiah!

kate

Hi Gordon, first may i thank you profusely for your great coverage of our Aggie home games this past season - i listen to a ton of college sports, and believe me, you're one of the best!   Next, yes, what Messiah did last season for NYU after the win by NYU in the Messiah gym was truly dear.   That said, i'm still rooting for Widener this coming Saturday :)!   Again thanks for great coverage this past season!

kate

Good luck this afternoon Coach Kintner and the Lady Pride!  I'll be watching on here!

kate

What a game - Huge Congratulations to the Widener Team and Coaches - Winning the MAC Commonwealth, and WHAT a GAME!!!

kate

As i said on the MAC Freedom site, tomorrow, i'll be too excited to post, but just want to say to the Widener Pride and their Coaches, the very BEST of luck in their game tomorrow at 4 p.m. at Springfield up in Maine!  Also, Good luck to Messiah taking on Shenandoah at 4:30 p.m.!!!!!