BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forheavendial4999

Not having any personal experience, I wasn't wanting to get into any of that part of it.

Coaches are really going to have to mind their behavior from now on after the Rice thing. They should have been anyway, but administrators have a different level of attention and concern to those things now.

cubs

Former UW Oshkosh Pitcher Luke Westphal signed a professional contract with the Gateway Grizzlies (Illinois) of the Frontier League today.

Best of luck to Luke as he continues to pursue his dream!!!!
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

ShineTime

Seriously guys how awesome are Jim Dixon and pat Coleman?  I could listen to them all day.  Congrats to Dan Douglas becoming point all time leading hitter and for point winning first two games in dramatic fashion. 
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ShineTime on May 26, 2013, 10:42:14 AM
Seriously guys how awesome are Jim Dixon and pat Coleman?  I could listen to them all day.  Congrats to Dan Douglas becoming point all time leading hitter and for point winning first two games in dramatic fashion.

Thanks -- we appreciate that. We're trying to keep them to 12 minutes or less, however. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ShineTime

How dominating was Ryan Schilter defensively this weekend?  How do you replace a guy like that who can do it all?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

ShineTime

So how does point replace this group of seniors next year?  I don't know if they have a starting caliber catcher on this years roster seeing Schilter caught nearly every inning.  Pitching should be championship caliber with jp seidl messenger Frederick stroik wendorf as starters and bullpen with flood Watson and prebelski as well as Nash.  I'm guessing rose moves to short Spetz to second steldt will be at third and Kranz first.  Outfield will stay same with Barnes gregorich and Cody.  Guckenberg will be dh.  Hoping for some outstanding juco transfers and incoming freshman it was nice seeing some depth on this years team.  Anyone know of any incoming players? 
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

badgerwarhawk

Five WIAC athletes named to the American Baseball Coaches Association 2013 All American team:

First Team: Ryan Schilter, Stevens Point
Second Team: Marty Herum, WHITEWATER
                       Bobby Kachel, Oshkosh
Third Team: Sean Gerber, Stevens Point
                   Tyler Kamps, Oshkosh

Congrats to all.

WIAC athletes playing in the Northwoods League:

Stevens Point: JP Feyereisen, Brad Storik, Riley Spetz : Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
                       Jimmy Coady: Green Bay BullFrogs
LaCrosse: Ben Cejka : LaCrosse Loggers
WHITEWATER:  Jared Fon, Marty Herum, Mikole Pierce : Lakeshore Chinooks
                                                        Justin Mortenson : Green Bay BullFrogs
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

The ABCA Press Release was BRUTAL!!!!  You'd think they could at least get the kids names right, muchless spelled correctly!!!

It's Ryan Schilter (not Dan Schulter) and Bobby Kachel (not Kaschel.)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Pat Coleman

Some of the school names aren't even spelled correctly ...
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

badgerwarhawk

My apologies for having perpetuated the error.  I'm just not that familiar with Schilter though you'd think being a WHITEWATER person I'd get Kachel correct.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AppletonRocks

Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

ShineTime

GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

BigPoppa

Quote from: AppletonRocks on June 02, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
So who gets the OshVegas job?   ???

My thinking is that they have to move quickly in order to keep recruits. If I were Point or Whitewater (or La Crosse), I'd be calling the Oshkosh recruits every day.

By the way, for those who have contacted me about my own interest in returning home to coach at Oshkosh, I have no desire:

1.  Not interested in returning to the college game right now
2.  Never follow the legend... follow the guy that follows the legend.
3.  My heart would never let me wear a Titan uniform without a Carthage shirt underneath ;)
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

CrashDavisD3

I believe Chapman is also on their slide. 2011 in Championship game. Missed Regional Playoffs in 2012, 2013 and Head Coach resigns. Linfield is the power team in the West now and will be for several years IMO
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

forheavendial4999

Quote from: BigPoppa on June 03, 2013, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: AppletonRocks on June 02, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
So who gets the OshVegas job?   ???

My thinking is that they have to move quickly in order to keep recruits. If I were Point or Whitewater (or La Crosse), I'd be calling the Oshkosh recruits every day.

By the way, for those who have contacted me about my own interest in returning home to coach at Oshkosh, I have no desire:

1.  Not interested in returning to the college game right now
2.  Never follow the legend... follow the guy that follows the legend.

Wouldn't that be Tiedemann to Lechnir?

Brian Brewer has done pretty well following the legend. :)