East Region Fan Poll

Started by pg04, July 05, 2007, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

So which teams do you think are going to be on the rise in 2019?
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

thewaterboy

Quote from: ITH radio on June 11, 2019, 12:36:05 PM
So which teams do you think are going to be on the rise in 2019?
Hoping for Wesley to be resurgent this season. They return a lot of key pieces on both sides of the ball. They also will be a year removed from losing Coach Drass, which shook the program to the core. 

jmcozenlaw

DelVal will be in a massive rebuilding year this coming season so I don't see them as one of the better teams in the East.

The DelVal vs. Wesley game should be interesting. DelVal loses their four year starter at QB (Darden), their top three receivers (with all at least 6'4".......Ellis, Graham and Stewart), stud kick returner and punt returner Stewart (4 TD's last year), three of their five mulit-year starter offensive linemen and their all conference fullback/hback. I think they struggle mightily to move the ball against a loaded Wesley defense. And when they do, DelVal also loses their four year punter, All-American Steven Adams (currently in an NFL rookie camp, and getting CFL looks) who was an amazing weapon at the D3 level. Wesley knows first hand what it is like to be subpar at kicker and/or punter.

DelVal brings a lot back on defense, but Wesley does on offense, including a lightning quick back (Lee), big, fast WR's and a huge offensive line. After DelVal winning the first two and Wesley winning last year, I'll set the line at at Wesley -9.5. DelVal covers, but Wesley wins to tie the recent series (last four seasons) up at 2-2. No team, with the exception of Mount Union, Mary Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Whitewater and maybe one or two I'm missing, beats Wesley 3 out of 4 games (this season's seniors were freshman during game one of the series).........certainly NOT DelVal.

I don't have a MAC prediction yet, but I don't see DelVal running the table, nor winning the MAC for a third straight year.

I think that Wesley, Salsbury and Rowan catch a huge break with the departure of Frostburg.

A little birdie also tells me that this season's game might be the end, for now, of the Wesley vs. DelVal series. I have no clue who Wesley replaces them with.

rams1102

It's going to be interesting to see how Montclair does this year. After a good year one would hope the recruiting class will be a good one. I will start digging into everything soon. I'm starting to get the itch again. I would like to see Montclair get to the dance this year. TBD. ;D
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

rams1102

Are we still going to do the East Region Fan Poll? I hope Wesleydad will do it again this year. I'm starting to play around with my list. Is the B-Port QB coming back and how will that effect the team? It's always a fun event.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

NYfootball

Quote from: rams1102 on August 13, 2019, 01:14:37 PM
Are we still going to do the East Region Fan Poll? I hope Wesleydad will do it again this year. I'm starting to play around with my list. Is the B-Port QB coming back and how will that effect the team? It's always a fun event.

No, the senior returning Brockport QB transferred out to Ithaca, in the Liberty League. They have other QBs, so they will be fine on offense. But their defense was the strongest part of the team, and they lose 9 starters and first guys off bench. That will affect them more, I believe. Having said that, they recruit very well, and get impactful transfers.

MRMIKESMITH

I'm always interested in the fan polls, so count me in.

Bartman

Quote from: MANDGSU on August 14, 2019, 10:04:46 AM

I'm always interested in the fan polls, so count me in.
I am interested as well
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

rams1102

I just sent a PM to wesleydad checking if he plans to do the East Region Fan Poll this year. Curiour minds would like to know. If any of the Wesley Crew talkd to wesleydad please ask him. Thanks.

Ice Bear

Quote from: rams1102 on August 21, 2019, 12:58:53 PM
I just sent a PM to wesleydad checking if he plans to do the East Region Fan Poll this year. Curiour minds would like to know. If any of the Wesley Crew talkd to wesleydad please ask him. Thanks.

Dlip is in this year (if needed).
A long time fan of DIII Football!

wesleydad

Hey all, Several of you have asked if I will be running the fan poll again this year.  I do not know how much I will be following the overall D3 scene this year so I will not be running the fan poll this year, nor will I be voting.  I looked at my plans for the fall and just don't think I will be spending as much time watching like I have in the past.  Enjoy the season and good luck to all of the teams.

NYfootball

if someone else is doing a poll, I'll be in if you want

rams1102

If the East Region Fan Poll is to continue, we need to get a volunteer to take charge of it. I cannot do it with my work and doing the NJAC Pick-Em. I hope we can get a volunteer.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: rams1102 on August 26, 2019, 12:59:24 PM
If the East Region Fan Poll is to continue, we need to get a volunteer to take charge of it. I cannot do it with my work and doing the NJAC Pick-Em. I hope we can get a volunteer.

If I can get a template, I'd be willing to do it. Otherwise, we can have an open format this year.

rams1102

Please PM wesleydadand ask him if he used a template and he can e-mail it to you. If doesn't have one an open format works for me. We could all post our Top 10 and start with a Pre-Season top 10. This will definitely lead to good conversation.