ADL70

No  CWRU had a shot, but too many upsets in conf tourneys
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ralph Turner

Quote from: cubs on May 14, 2018, 09:31:47 AM
Am I missing something, or did the UAA get shut out altogether for this year's Regionals?
Yes. Wash U was not as strong and Emory was down.

NYU faded as the season progressed.

Ralph Turner

For the record, 2018 Pool B teams are UW-Whitewater and UW-Oshkosh.

I see no enthusiasm for the WIAC to move back to Pool A, unless a WIAC school wants to add the sport, or another baseball playing school wants to join the conference.

cubs

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 18, 2018, 10:49:24 AM
For the record, 2018 Pool B teams are UW-Whitewater and UW-Oshkosh.

I see no enthusiasm for the WIAC to move back to Pool A, unless a WIAC school wants to add the sport, or another baseball playing school wants to join the conference.
Hypothetically, let's say Pool B was non-existent this year....  In this scenario, would Whitewater and Oshkosh both have made the tournament as Pool C selections this year in your opinion?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 14, 2018, 10:17:25 AM
Quote from: cubs on May 14, 2018, 09:31:47 AM
Am I missing something, or did the UAA get shut out altogether for this year's Regionals?
Yes. Wash U was not as strong and Emory was down.
NYU faded as the season progressed.
Safe to assume Case Western Reserve "faded" as well?  Seem to remember them being #1 in one of the early Regional Rankings.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Ralph Turner

Pool B outcome for 2018:

UW-Oshkosh went 3-2 and was the finalist in the Midwest Region, beating Concordia-Chicago and then losing twice on the last day to Concordia-Chicago.

UW-Whitewater went 2-2 in the Central Region losing to Rhodes and then to UT-Tyler.

Ralph Turner

Pool B news. With Finlandia moving to the WIAC, CUNYAC teams appear to "affiliate with the NAC" and move to Pool A.

Update -- NAC and CUNYAC to play for post-season bid.

http://www.d3baseball.com/notables/2018/07/cunyac-nac-announce-playin-series

My guess is that the NAC is using its five core members to maintain the Pool A bid and accept the CUNYAC members as "affiliates" for Pool A consideration for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

(I will appreciate other comments, but...) I think that this lays the groundwork for long term arrangement of two conferences to stay out of Pool B and have some playoff fun.

It certainly makes sense to me!

Ralph Turner

My best estimate at Pool B for the 2019 season.   22 schools.  I expect 2 bids.  (Corrections are always appreciated.)

Central Region:    1

WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    8 7

Atlantic East Conference - 7
University of Valley Forge (Ind)  Affiliated with the CSAC

Mideast:   2
Finlandia affiliating with the WIAC
CWRU (UAA)

Midwest: 7
Maranatha Baptist University (Ind)
WIAC - 6

New England:  2
Brandeis (UAA)
Pine Manor (Ind)

New York:  7  2

NYU -- UAA
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island. Affiliating with the NAC.
College of New Rochelle

South:  1
Emory (UAA)

West: None

Ralph Turner

First projection for 2021.

Total in 2021:  8 teams.  (The UAA 5 plus 3 independents  Maranatha Baptist, Pine Manor and College of New Rochelle. Probably 1 bid.

Central Region:    2  1
Chicago (UAA Indep)  Going to the Midwest in 2019
WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    0

University of Valley Forge (Ind)  Gone to the CSAC as an affiliate in 2019 to give them 6 members.

Mideast:   2  1
Finlandia  Projected in WIAC in 2021.
CWRU (UAA)

Midwest:  1 7  1
WIAC - 6  With the addition of Finlandia, back to Pool A in 2021

New England:  3 2
Brandeis (UAA)
Pine Manor (Ind)

New York:  7 2

NYU -- UAA
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island.   CUNYAC projected to continue the affiliation with the NAC in 2021.
College of New Rochelle  Indep

Emory (UAA)

CSAC is on the "watch list". That conference needs to reach 7 for several sports!

http://uvfpatriots.com/news/2018/7/16/CSAC-Announces-Addition-of-UVF-as-Associate-Member-in-Baseball.aspx

Corrections are appreciated.

Ralph Turner

On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 15, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

SUNY Canton has moved to the NAC. The E8 will be down to 6 this spring (5 teams in 2020, 4 if Ithaca just finally says "good luck with all that" and goes to the LL) and entering the grace period, which would put baseball in Pool B for 2021.

Ralph Turner

+1 Caz. Thanks!

(Just curious, where does the E8 go to replenish its stock, considering the loss of teams to other conferences?  The CUNYAC and the NAC affiliated to preserve access to the Pool A bid.  Would the E8 and the CSAC do the same thing while they still have access to a Pool A bid?)

Caz Bombers

That is certainly one possibility. Another is maybe the commissioner's office could somehow persuade some combo of Alfred, Hartwick, Nazareth and Sage to look into adding baseball, for the common good of the conference.

Yet a third option involves the Empire 8 replacing Stevens with one or more new full members; they would probably have to look at the northern half of the NEAC (Wells, Keuka, etc.) for geographic reasons and then maybe considering schools downstate or in Pennsylvania.

Ralph Turner

My best estimate at Pool B for the 2019 season.   23 schools.  I expect 2 bids.  (Corrections are always appreciated, while I am waiting for the NCAA Handbook.)

Central Region:    1

WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    8 7

Atlantic East Conference - 7
University of Valley Forge (Ind)  Affiliated with the CSAC

Mideast:  3
Finlandia affiliating with the WIAC in 2019
CWRU (UAA)
Thomas More (Ind)

Midwest: 7
WIAC - 6

New England:  2
Brandeis (UAA)
Pine Manor (Ind)

New York:  7  2

NYU -- UAA
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island. Affiliating with the NAC.
College of New Rochelle

Emory (UAA)

BigPoppa

Teams have to almost be begging the WIAC to get out of Pool B as soon as they can.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.