Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stlawus

St. John Fisher could be an east region sleeper team.   They just dismantled Alfred who are a good defensive team with wins against Brockport and Ithaca.  SJF had 25 more shot attempts compared to AU.

stlawus

I would start keeping an eye on Utica.  9-2 after beating SJF in Rochester tonight while only allowing 56 points.  SJF had scored 95+ points the last 3 games.

stlawus

Not even 24 hours after I say to keep an eye on Utica they lose by 40 to Nazareth.  Naz quickly becoming strong E8 favorites.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: stlawus on January 15, 2022, 09:09:36 PM
Not even 24 hours after I say to keep an eye on Utica they lose by 40 to Nazareth.  Naz quickly becoming strong E8 favorites.

the E8 is weirdly layered this year. Naz, Fisher and Utica are all good to excellent. Sage and Alfred are fine I guess. Then you have four of the worst teams in the country all concentrated at the bottom of the same league. Keuka, Houghton, Hartwick and Elmira are a combined 3-43 this season.

stlawus

Quote from: Caz Bombers on January 15, 2022, 11:22:55 PM
Quote from: stlawus on January 15, 2022, 09:09:36 PM

the E8 is weirdly layered this year. Naz, Fisher and Utica are all good to excellent. Sage and Alfred are fine I guess. Then you have four of the worst teams in the country all concentrated at the bottom of the same league. Keuka, Houghton, Hartwick and Elmira are a combined 3-43 this season.

Elmira played Naz relatively close which was odd.   Alfred has a good team with some solid wins against Brockport, Ithaca and Geneseo but they have 4 starters out right now which cost them against Sage.   

Caz Bombers

two final scores on two consecutive nights, presented without comment:

Alfred 106, Keuka 68

Keuka 74, Alfred 72

stlawus

Alfred has had a very strange year.   Beat Ithaca and Brockport and now lost to Keuka. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Hoopsville Marathon is here!

The show is hitting the air at 12:00 PM ET and going for at least NINE hours for the 8th Annual Hoopsville Marathon Show.

Show link: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/marathon

This year's show featured coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and many others around Division III who gave us a sense of the season to date and what is to come. There is only a month or so left in the regular season, so there was plenty to talk about.

The marathon is also a chance to celebrate the final month of the Division III basketball regular season.

Guests include (in order of appearance, subject to change):

• Conner Delaney, Johns Hopkins men's senior
  • Frank Marcinek, Susquehanna men's coach
  • Dan Krikorian, Chapman men's coach and Co-Host of "Slappin' Glass" podcast
  • Minority Coaches Panel:
    • Larry Anderson (MIT men's coach)
    • Kam Gissendanner (La Roche women's coach)
    • Jason Harris (UMass-Boston men's coach)
    • Gary Stewart (Stevenson men's coach)
  • Gary Stewart, Stevenson men's coach and NABC Board member
  • National Committee Chairs:
    • Michael Schauer, Wheaton men's coach and men's committee chair
    • Megan Wilson, Luther Associate AD and women's committee chair
  • Dan Kenny, John Jay men's sophomore and volunteer firefighter
  • Jina DeRubbo, Washington & Jefferson women's coach
  • Cameron Hill, Trinity (Texas) women's coach
  • Stephen Gabel, Nazareth men's senior
  • State of DIII with Louise McCleary, Interim Vice President for Division III
  • Jim Haney, Division III Men's Officiating Coordinator
  • Fred Roggin, NBC4 LA Sports Anchor and AM570 LA Sports Host
  • Top 25 Women's Double-Take with Gordon Mann and Scott Peterson
  • "Happy Hour" with friends of Hoopsville and D3 basketball
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Conference tournaments are fully on. It is time for upsets and great games happening at all times. The results will not only be conference champions, but NCAA tourney dreams realized ... and dashed.

Thursday on Hoopsville, we catch up with a number of teams which realize they have to keep winning this week if they want to keep playing next week. "There is no more next game ..."

There are plenty of guests to talk to, so we are jamming them into a super-sized show. Some have quietly emerged on top, or near the top, of their conference races and hope to use home court advantage to win an automatic bid. Others knowing they have to win to make sure to keep playing this season. And one coach who shows that there is a lot of things that are important during basketball season.

Guests include (order subject to change):
  • Chad Dickman, Hood men's coach
  • Sean Coffey, Utica men's coach
  • Pat McKenzie, St. John's men's coach
  • Jacey Brooks, SUNY Cortland women's coach
  • Christine VanHook, PSU-Behrend women's coach
  • Stephany Dunmyer, Oberlin women's coach
  • Todd Kent, UC Santa Cruz women's coach

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the NABC Studio. All guests appear on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

Watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/feb24

stlawus

Ewing Theory in effect for St. John Fisher?  2 of their best players got dismissed from the team halfway through the season and the team goes on a tear winning the AQ.

PoppersMacsLive

That's what we call Addition by Subtraction.

Quote from: stlawus on February 25, 2023, 06:10:34 PM
Ewing Theory in effect for St. John Fisher?  2 of their best players got dismissed from the team halfway through the season and the team goes on a tear winning the AQ.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: stlawus on February 25, 2023, 06:10:34 PM

I don't know anything about this, but were they actually dismissed from the team? Looks like they were both grad students. Studies come first and they quit? Just curious.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

stlawus

One game I streamed the SJF commentary team said they were dismissed.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: stlawus on March 16, 2023, 02:47:30 PM
One game I streamed the SJF commentary team said they were dismissed.

Thanks.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!