FB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Adam Sayer, December 24, 2006, 10:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Sayer

I went to a Nieman Marcus today (a high and I mean HIGH class clothing store) and I saw a sweater for $695 and a leather jacket for $2500.  They also had neck ties for $150 a piece. Who wears a $695 sweater other than SaintsFan?

The Signature Room was nice, but working at a country club during the summer, I eat Fillet, Scallops, Crab Legs, etc on a routine basis for free and can't justify spending $33.95 for 5 scallops and coos-coos. I also spent $8 on a 12oz bottle of Sam Adams.

I guess if you live here then spending that kind of money on clothes, food, etc. is normal. I definately don't fit in here. They need a Wal-Mart.

Got a throwback 1988 Ickey Woods Jersey for Christmas and was sporting it proud today...even though the Bengals choked like Linda Lovelace.
I'm a man, but sometimes I want to smell like a different smelling man!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: maxamillion on December 31, 2006, 04:21:24 AM
hey pat how come the HCAC board has started over and a lot of people on here only are showing a few posts when i know we all have had more??? i was getting close to 60 something, i know victory was close to 200 and sayer has way more then 192?

The board is not very large now. You could go back two pages to the beginning and see the already-existing discussion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

victorybell_57

pat still hasn't answered the question and i think something bigger is going on here

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

victorybell_57

reminds me of area 51 to be honest, but i'll roll with it.

Pat Coleman

I don't know what happened -- there are about 30 users that could delete a board if they tried. Nobody has said anything to me about having done it and there is no log of those actions.

So I'll repeat: I don't know what happened.

Adam Sayer

FCC Approved Bland Name

I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST WITNESSED!

BOISE STATE OHH............ MY.................. GOD!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: FCC Approved Bland Name on January 02, 2007, 01:00:50 AM
I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST WITNESSED!

BOISE STATE OHH............ MY.................. GOD!

I've seen wild finishes before, but that just might be the best ever!

Boise up 28-10 near the 4th quarter.  Oklahoma finally catches them 28-28 with 1:36 left.  Then OU apparently wins it with an interception returned for a TD at 1:02.  With 4th and 18 (:07 left), Boise scores on a pass where the receiver then laterals to a trailer who runs it in.  OT.

OU has the ball first and Adrian Peterson runs in for the TD on the first play.  Boise goes to 4th down, then gets (barely) a first down.  Boise again gets to 4th down, then scores on a hb pass.  THEN it gets wild!  Boise goes for two, and makes it with a Statue of Liberty play - are you kidding me??!! :o

Ralph Turner

What a game, Mr. Ypsi!

And she said, "Yes!" :)

FCC Approved Bland Name

Hopefully no one thinks that Boise tricked there way to a win.  Their defense shut down Oklahoma for 3 quarters before things got hairy.  The plays at the end of the game were unreal.  Oklahoma went ahead with 1 minute in the game for the 1st time on a pick-six and Boise didn't quit.  That was the most entertaining finish I've seen maybe ever.

WOW

frank uible

When I was in the 6th grade, we didn't permit ourselves to be fooled by a statue of liberty. By the time I was in high school, we didn't permit ourselves to be fooled by a flea flicker (what is currently often called a hook and lateral or hook and ladder).

SaintsFAN

Amazing game last night.  Crazy.  The craziest thing is Ian Johnson proposing to his girlfriend.  Not very smart....millions more girls have seen this guy now that he was playing in the Fiesta Bowl and he takes himself out of the dating pool on TV?

No way, Sayer.  I would never wear a Neiman Marcus sweater...unless I found it in the gutter.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

70_dc_alum

dont think you could say BSU tricked their way to victory because that is their offense.  Hook and Ladder last time i saw that work was when DC ran that against Thomas More for a touchdown my senior year.

sayer get fat again and you dont have to worry about neiman marcus becuase stores like that dont even carry 2X.  if i buy a shirt for 50 bucks at least i know i am getting 50 bucks of material out of it!!

Adam Sayer

I wish I would have seen the game. I saw the highlights but I chose to go watch The Good Shepherd instead (great movie by the way) after my trip back from Chicago. That film of the last quater and OT would be a nice motivational tool for coaches on not quitting. Down 28-10, Oklahoma could have went in the tank but didn't.

I saw a hook and ladder work once too...against Thomas More. Our guy was caught from behind though trying to run in 6 inches of mud. Speaking of TMC, any news as to the new HC?

I wanted a pair of socks just so I could say I had something from there but those were $60.