BB: Regionals (Mid-Atlantic) Kean 2012

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Ball

Day 1 predictions
Ramapo - Their No.1 can do the job.
Keystone - Could get ugly.
Haverford - Will be closer than the first time though.
Kean - Will not lose the opener again this year.

rob

[quote

Mid-Atlantic teams don't go to CT because there are too many teams in New England that need to be bussed to the Regionals.  Mid-Atlantic teams can be sent to places like CNU or Kean or Marietta.

[/quote]
A quick note: Mid-Atlantic Keystone was sent to New York last year.  LaPlume, PA is only a couple of hours bus ride to Auburn, NY.  Misericordia is going to Farmingdale this year, about 2 1/2 hours away.
NY Regional is a more likely destination due to a lack of true Regional powerhouses.

BillS

Thanks for the education everyone. The links and info you provided are helpful. I didn't really look at anything but the websites from both schools so I don't know what the numbers are that the selection committee takes into consideration. Maybe Bowdoin's numbers are better than Moravian's but at first glance it just didn't appear that was the case. I guess my main question was answered though in that it is possible that one team could have better selection criteria numbers than a team from another region but the committee would not displace them because of travel expenses. I would not expect to see any upsets on day 1 in the Mid-Atlantic regional but I have to root for the Cinderella story from the Landmark. They have a tough road ahead. Hopefully they give Kean a decent game and represent the conference well. On any given day....ya never know.

Ralph Turner

You are welcome.

Enjoy the National Championship next week and then come back in 2013.

Also, please enjoy the boards in the other sports.