WBB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Saints4Life, November 11, 2009, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saints4Life

What is everyone's take on the Mighty UMAC?! ;)

jam8788

I have no take on the UMAC - beginning with the 2008-09 academic year, the UMAC became a member of the NCAA Division III even though the conference has existed since 1972.  Not sure what took so long to become an accredited member of the NCAA, but it's the main reason no one pays attention to the programs in the conference. 

Saints4Life

They were NAIA schools until they made the switch (which is a five year waiting period) and we are finally good to go. I am excited for the upcoming season. I don't know the conference very well yet as I am just becoming a part of it, but I would look for Presentation Saints men to be at the top and the women to be top five.

Out_Of_My_Kitchen

Minnesota Morris goes back to the dance for the second straight year!  Where could the end up?  Maybe go to Coe? Or maybe fly out West to George Fox?  

LA RAMS

UM-Morris is headed for Cedar Rapids where they'll get thrashed by Coe.
"Beating 'SC is not a matter of life or death.  It's more important than that."  Former UCLA Head Football Coach Red Sanders

Kohawk Krazy

So um....Can anyone tell me anything about Morris in here?

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

billybobble

Should be a  good battle between 
UM-Morrris,  Uof NW, and UW-Superior.

Phoenix rising

UMAC board is surprisingly quiet. Can any team from the conference get past the first round of post-seasonplayoffs? Which team(s) has/have been conference champ, who did they face, and what was/were the outcomes?

Gray Fox

Quote from: Phoenix rising on February 14, 2016, 04:16:57 PM
UMAC board is surprisingly quiet. Can any team from the conference get past the first round of post-seasonplayoffs? Which team(s) has/have been conference champ, who did they face, and what was/were the outcomes?
Nine posts in eight years.  :D
Fierce When Roused

billybobble

UWS looks very strong, although they will have to do it without Coach Mulhern. 

billybobble

Quote from: billybobble on November 03, 2017, 11:29:47 PM
UWS looks very strong, although they will have to do it without Coach Mulhern.
'

Jackets 5-0 in UMAC.  Haley Kontny scores her 1000 th point for UWS on saturday.  She played her freshman year at UM-DULUTH, so she did 1000 in  2 1/2 years.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Just Bill

Probably doesn't matter since this board gets virtually no action, but the UMAC should be moved to the West Region.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.