FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgetrainer

Wonder if AASD knows that it won't be free any more? They were asked to contribute, and they chose not to. Methinks that means a rental is in order.

judgetrainer

As usual, puckfan knows more than I do. West will be playing in the Banta. They will be paying for that particular opportunity until their field is upgraded. West is getting turf but only after North and East are finished.

Maybe I need to see a high school game again. Been a long time.

gbpuckfan

Quote from: judgetrainer on August 05, 2015, 08:44:42 AM
As usual, puckfan knows more than I do. They will be paying for that particular opportunity until their field is upgraded. West is getting turf but only after North and East are finished.

Well, thanks... but I just happened to talk to someone who could confirm West was playing there. All of the work won't be done at the Banta until the Lawrence game 9/5, however. And West plays 8/21.,

I think West also needs to add more bleachers and a press box before it will be ready to host conference games.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

judgetrainer

Press box would be nice even at the Banta. Now, if I could win Powerball and help with that...

grboob

Keep talking about high school football??????

02 Warhawk

Hello, a bunch of us are looking to do a West Region fan poll again this year. I'm still looking for a few more participants if anyone is interested. I would love to get one or two more participanst from the MWC. You just have to send me your list of top 10 teams from the West each week. I'll put everyone's picks together and post the results in the West region. It usually makes for a good debate.

Please send me a message if you're interested.

Much appreciated. 

fulbakdad

Coaches preseason poll is out.

http://midwestconference.org/news/2015/8/14/FB_0814155519.aspx

Big surprise to me is Carroll on the top of their side.  I think I would have picked Macalister.....

judgetrainer

Macalester lost their QB to graduation. That will hurt them this season. The North is a classic case of haves and have nots right now.

carletonknights

Quote from: judgetrainer on August 14, 2015, 01:45:51 PM
Macalester lost their QB to graduation. That will hurt them this season. The North is a classic case of haves and have nots right now.

The loss of the QB is big, but I believe they're losing quite a few other major contributors as well (lot of D, RB, WR), no? I'm just looking forward Week 1: Knights & Scots

scottyeagle93

Quote from: carletonknights on August 14, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Quote from: judgetrainer on August 14, 2015, 01:45:51 PM

The loss of the QB is big, but I believe they're losing quite a few other major contributors as well (lot of D, RB, WR), no? I'm just looking forward Week 1: Knights & Scots

Mac lost a decent amount of defensive talent and obviously the quarterback, but their starting running back and all but one of the wide receivers will be back.

Gaegerlaw75

Whats up men,

That time of year is again upon us...

I will have a much more complete breakdown of the 2015 CU roster once camp breaks, but my initial thought = I am somewhat puzzled as to how we are picked to win the North as well.  I know that MAC suffers a huge hit by losing their QB (He pretty much put the team on his back and took over in the Carroll game), but does that really make up for the losses that Carroll had?  In my opinion, Carroll said goodbye to three of the best players in the school's history (Williams at RB, Klapper at SS and Blank at TE).  They will also struggle to replace great players like Tamblyn on the OL, Nass at DE, and Sahli at LB.  These are huge holes that were filled last season by quality all-conference players...

Now... Saying all that... I still am in shock that I am even discussing a Carroll team that is predicted to win the North.  The program has come such a long way and I could not be more proud of the team and the staff.  Hopefully the return of Burlingame under center and the return of several other all-conference players ends with the Pioneers living up to the expectations.  There are also rumors out of Waukesha that some of the incoming freshman are true world-beaters.  I guess only time will tell. Until then, let the Midwest Conference intensity begin.

judgetrainer

Another part of the North picture is just how bad everyone seems to be. SNC has a rebuilt staff. Ripon has had several down years. Lawrence and Beloit have had several down decades (and yes, I am an LU guy).

And would it be a little ironic that a first season team wins followed by a last season team?

fulbakdad

I think Lake Forest has the potential to be moving up this year.  They had a lot of younger players that got a some good playing experience.  Especially on the D Line.  They should be a force this year.

I heard they picked up 2 very good Freshman QB's. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

scottie

Quote from: fulbakdad on August 14, 2015, 01:37:06 PM
Coaches preseason poll is out.

http://midwestconference.org/news/2015/8/14/FB_0814155519.aspx

Big surprise to me is Carroll on the top of their side.  I think I would have picked Macalister.....

HUGE surprise with the South picks!  Okay, not so much....   ;D
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

grboob

Prediction 2015:  Scots go to DePere, Wi for MWC championship game