FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OxyBob

Quote from: Jack Parkman on July 15, 2020, 06:38:49 PM
Oxy has decided not to participate in Fall sports.

"The decision was included as part of a larger announcement that the College will move to all-remote instruction when classes begin August 24."

Good call. In the virtual world, Oxy football goes undefeated.

OxyBob

RFB

Quote from: OxyBob on July 16, 2020, 04:43:14 PM
Quote from: Jack Parkman on July 15, 2020, 06:38:49 PM
Oxy has decided not to participate in Fall sports.

"The decision was included as part of a larger announcement that the College will move to all-remote instruction when classes begin August 24."

Good call. In the virtual world, Oxy football goes undefeated.

OxyBob

MOFGA (Make Oxy Football Great Again)

wally_wabash

Whittier is also out for football this fall.    SCIAC football has reached the bubble with four teams remaining. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

RFB

Quote from: wally_wabash on July 17, 2020, 11:40:00 AM
Whittier is also out for football this fall.    SCIAC football has reached the bubble with four teams remaining.

Not looking good. La Verne will be next I bet and then the rest will have no choice but to join and cancel the season.

olddog

Old Dogs Christmas wish is the SCIAC plays in the spring, but I am afraid half the schools will still be too concerned, even if a vaccine has started.

I think it would be great to see High School, JC and D3 in the winter and spring. If the pro's play and 5 majors this fall/winter, it will be football into April...what could be worse?
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

RFB

Quote from: olddog on July 29, 2020, 12:29:47 PM
Old Dogs Christmas wish is the SCIAC plays in the spring, but I am afraid half the schools will still be too concerned, even if a vaccine has started.

I think it would be great to see High School, JC and D3 in the winter and spring. If the pro's play and 5 majors this fall/winter, it will be football into April...what could be worse?

Better hope Fall sports are played in the Winter/Spring. Many of those kids will go elsewhere with sports being the deciding factor for them to choose Redlands.

olddog

I am sure football junkies have notice how little player and team hype has happen at all levels of CFB. I wonder what D3 top 25 would have looked like and did Pat even bother to start the process of reviewing each team.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: olddog on August 05, 2020, 02:51:22 PM
I am sure football junkies have notice how little player and team hype has happen at all levels of CFB. I wonder what D3 top 25 would have looked like and did Pat even bother to start the process of reviewing each team.

We collected the information and received it from 27 teams who had not yet called off their season as of the time of the request (mid-July).

I never perused it heavily nor sent it to our voters, as the cascade effect was well underway once the time came to do so.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

olddog

Thanks Pat, so for the record this would have been the first year that two SCIAC teams would have been ranked higher than LF, lol ....I bet LF has a little chip on their shoulders

D O.C.

QuoteI bet LF has a little chip on their shoulders

Lighten up, Francis

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on August 11, 2020, 02:09:32 AM
QuoteI bet LF has a little chip on their shoulders

Lighten up, Francis

One of your weaker jabs, out of practice?

RFB

I believe D3 football is in big trouble. Many kids are probably going to pass on football now and just go to the cheapest school and give up football. 60k plus to attend Redlands (online) just to play ball does not make economic sense, even with grants and financial aid assistance. And there is no guarantee there will even be a football season this year.

Gray Fox

Quote from: RFB on August 12, 2020, 05:55:01 PM
I believe D3 football is in big trouble. Many kids are probably going to pass on football now and just go to the cheapest school and give up football. 60k plus to attend Redlands (online) just to play ball does not make economic sense, even with grants and financial aid assistance. And there is no guarantee there will even be a football season this year.
And no High School football this year will cause a real blow to recruiting.
Fierce When Roused

RFB

Quote from: Gray Fox on August 12, 2020, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: RFB on August 12, 2020, 05:55:01 PM
And no High School football this year will cause a real blow to recruiting.

Good points. What do multi sports athletes do in the Spring when they have to choose. I played 3 sports (Football, Basketball, Baseball) all four years of HS. Football would have been an easy choice for me, but I'm sure some kids might go the other direction.