Congratulations Johns Hopkins!

Started by JHUFAN, November 06, 2011, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHUFAN

Congratulations to the Johns Hopkins Women's soccer team on winning their seventh consecutive Centennial Conference Championship this afternoon!
With a #4 National ranking the BlueJays should be the #1 seed in bracket for the first time in school history.
Congratulations to Coach Weil and his staff on a 17-0 season.
Cannot wait for the NCAA Tournament.

purplehat

I totally agree that JHU is deserving of a number one seed.  I'm a Messiah follower, but without a doubt (and I mentioned this before) JHU has been one of the top programs in the country over the past four years.  It's always a shame that JHU and Messiah have to play each other in the elite eight to see who goes to the final four.  The games have been great to watch, but unfortunately for JHU, Messiah has had the better of it.  Here's hoping they both grab a top seed and end up meeting in San Antonio.  Beware of the land mines along the way though....there will be plenty.

Jim Matson

Let's just hope that they don't have to face each other in the first round.

Hopkins really deserves a shot at the final four as a No. 1 seed. With William Smith, Messiah, and Trinity (Texas) as the other obvious tops seeds, this could be a great post season.

Let's hope.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

2xfaux

Good grief.  Messiah, Hopkins, Amherst and Lynchburg all on the same side of the bracket.  Must be a misprint.

JHUFAN

And lets not forget Emory and TCNJ ! This side of the bracket is obscene! You have #1,2,4,5,8,12,15,19,29,21,and#22 in the National Poll on this side of the bracket. sheesh!

Jim Matson

It is all about geography. After the teams are selected, the bracket is built on cost first. The committees have a heart and seemingly try to make sense of first round structures, but they are constrained by the D3 cost issues.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

JHUFAN

A solid soccer this past weekend for the JHU Women's soccer program! They dominated both Saturdays and Sundays matches with a strong defense and goals scored by multiple players. This upcoming weekend looks to be very exciting with a Hopkins vs Amhurst matchup. The teams are ranked #4&#8 in the latest National Poll and are two of the three Division 3 women's soccer programs with an undefeated and untied record.
I understand the Messiah men's team lost on Sunday opening up the weekend for the Messiah Women's team to host. Looking foward to this coming weekend.

cciwrabblerouser

most likely hopkins gets to make the trip to grantham -- falcon men lost tonight, so the committee could send the jays to messiah.